• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
__bayonetta_jeanne_kirby_and_waddle_dee_super_smash_bros_and_etc_drawn_by_ouya_maboroshimori__67f505f363a374af1b77f825b6ab1cc3.png
This is lesbian goals

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kirby is pure and so are all his games. Simply perfection.

Also he always has an absolutely killer soundtrack. Here's some underrated themes:

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I loved him. I'll love him again whenever he gets around to being in a proper 3D platformer. No, Crystal Shards doesn't count.

Sep 14, 2018
I don't quite care for Kirby. I would cuddle one in real life, but looking at Kirby doesn't get much of a reaction from me. It doesn't help that I don't particularly like platformers to begin with.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Hell yeah OP, same here! Easily my favorite Nintendo character and it honestly isn't even close. Yoshi would be second, but a very, very distant second. Kirby is just that fucking great.

I'm not even really talking about his games either, which are also mostly great and incredibly consistent, even if Star Allies was a significant step down from (IMO) a modern classic like Planet Robobot. Kirby himself, though? God-tier. Always has been, always will be.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby is great. I love Adventure/NMiDL, Amazing Mirror, and Dreamland 2 the most. Also like Canvas Curse and Kirby 64. So many good games. So many variations on Kirby's gameplay.

I wish they would remake some Kirby games like they have with Super Star and Adventure!

What REALLY gets me though is how much GREAT music consistently comes from the series, with so much of it being catchy and memorable. Blows my mind.
I also love how crazy they get with final bosses, it usually feels like quite an epic battle is taking place.

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
Isn't Kirby supposed to be the strongest being in the universe or something 🤔.

Treat his "life" bar as "patience" instead. he needed to be divided in four to die in the gba one,

Is Triple Deluxe easier to play? i set some invicible/infinite life on Robobot but my niece still get angry sometimes.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How can you not love Kirby, just looking at him makes me smile.
giphy.gif

Look at him...so adorable.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kirby lore gets super fucked if you dig deep enough, and I love it.

Where does one even dig????

Anyways, I looove Kirby. One of few game things I actually own multiple items of.... Coincidentally, maybe, Kirby seems to be one of the most merchandised Nintendo mascots.

Dtw5gqIl.jpg

MetTYKCl.jpg

Here's mice Kirbo music because it makes me happy

wXg.gif

tumblr_nwacpazYc71rzn9vfo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nns5n38wqB1t0co30o1_500.gif

SparseMeatyCaterpillar-small.gif

tYPmncy.gif

https://noclip.website/

^^ BTW NoClip has a Kirby RtD stage viewer

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Pause screens, mostly. The games shove a wealth of lore info if you pause the game at different moments, such as when you're fighting bosses.
It's a great way to recontextualize a fight in just a moments' time.

Great boss! Let me read up on it... says here I'm destroying the every last shred of a grieving father's soul. Neat.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Kirby is easily my favorite Nintendo character.

He's the perfect combination of cute and badass. What's not to love?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I haven't played a good Kirby game since Super Star.
You're in for a treat:
Return to Dreamland
Triple Deluxe
Planet Robobot

All of three of these are unquestionably fantastic Kirby games. It was a huge rebound for the franchise with a set of three excellent games that got better with each release.

If you can only play one, play Robobot on 3DS. It's considered by many to be the new best Kirby game, finally dethroning Super Star.

I'm not sure if I would go that far, SS is perfect to me. But I understand why Robobot gets so much love. Play it. You'll be glad you did.

Shout out to Antdude, the best Kirby fan on YouTube. The guy is unabashedly in love with the Kirby games and did a series of videos reviewing every game and spin-off in the franchise. Def check him out if you're a fan of Kirby.

Here's the playlist.

Last edited: