• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The slight twinge of pain the occasional blood. Something about it just feels great to me. I'm surprised that's it something that some people rarely do. Am I alone in this?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Should you be feeling pain or bleeding much from flossing? I've been using a Waterpik for a few years now (which has made flossing much easier and more enjoyable, yes) but I really don't remember that being the case before. If you've not in a while sure, but if you regularly do it I feel like that's not something that should happen.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should floss but you need to make it a habit where it's easily remembered. I actually keep my floss near my bed so I can just grab it and remember to do it.

Also your gums are not supposed to bleed.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
I love flossing... I too keep floss near my bed but I have to be careful and throw it out because my dogs are always very interested in my hands the floss as soon as I'm done.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I think gums are supposed to bleed at first (At least that was the case for me, but it hasn't since then). The bleeding returned when I first started using the pick (This year), but after a week or so it's greatly reduced. It's made my gums feel better in the long run though. That's my personal experience though.

It's really good to do though, so do keep up with it! :)

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
There's nothing like feeling something between there and getting it out with some floss.

But yeah uh, the bleeding thing should only happen if you haven't done it in a while lol

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Flossin' but have caution we collide with other crews.

(You aren't really supposed to be causing yourself pain or bleeding. Don't go so deep, bro.)

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I almost always floss before brushing my teeth in the evening. I was recommended this by the dentist. It's an annoying additional routine, but hopefully it pays off in the long run.

saelz8

Dec 25, 2017
I only floss with picks, despite my dentist saying regular nylon floss is better since you can get more around the tooth. I don't know how to do it.

Oct 25, 2017
If you floss a lot there shouldn't be pain or blood. So yeah. Flossing is fine. It takes a few seconds and a lot of gunk comes out.

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
Keep a floss basically anywhere i go, in my backpack or inside a jacket pocket. Did recently buy a water flosser from oral b, use it after flossing everytime after i eat when at home

Last edited:

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
If you bleed you're doing it wrong, you'd probably be better off not flossing at all.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im more masochist than sadist, and the part where you feel the pain and absence of where "teeth grime" used to be is one of the greatest agonies/ecstacys out there

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
ok chill out armie hammer
tenor.gif

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flossing is not supposed to make your gums bleed if you're doing it on a consistent basis...

Sounds like you might have inflammed gums or gum disease.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I could never floss the inner molars no matter what. Just trying to get the string between my teeth is agony.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike it, but mostly because I have a permanent retaining wire behind my bottom teeth after having orthodontia growing up, which gets in the way.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I dislike it, but mostly because I have a permanent retaining wire behind my bottom teeth after having orthodontia growing up, which gets in the way.

I have the same thing, what's worse is I needed it reattached recently and they anchored it to every tooth as opposed to just at the ends like it was before. So now I need to thread the floss every bottom tooth, which is difficult and annoying and made me not want to floss. Contemplating getting the wire removed because it's becoming detrimental to my gums but it's probably not a good idea.

Been using the water pik but it doesn't seem to work as well on those teeth.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I have the same thing, what's worse is I needed it reattached recently and they anchored it to every tooth as opposed to just at the ends like it was before. So now I need to thread the floss every bottom tooth, which is difficult and annoying and made me not want to floss.

Yeah; mine has always been attached at every tooth. It sucks. I get a dental cleaning 3–4 times a year mostly because I can't be bothered to thread floss through that thing on a daily basis.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I never really flossed till lately when I noticed that it smells like literal shit on the little picks that I use when i do. Why did no one ever tell me that the shit between your teeth decomposes and smells so bad. My wife says I don't have bad breath but the smell of those picks grosses me out so I use them obsessively now.

Do dentists and hygienists smell that??? I feel so guilty and assume the masks they wear is more to save them from the smell than it is for keeping things sterile.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never really flossed till lately when I noticed that it smells like literal shit on the little picks that I use when i do. Why did no one ever tell me that the shit between your teeth decomposes and smells so bad. My wife says I don't have bad breath but the smell of those picks grosses me out so I use them obsessively now.

Do dentists and hygienists smell that??? I feel so guilty and assume the masks they wear is more to save them from the smell than it is for keeping things sterile.

I imagine they aren't holding it up to their nose to smell it.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I floss so frequently that when I don't, it physically bothers me because I can feel the stuff between my teeth.

Flossing and tongue scraping are also the two best ways to mitigate bad breath.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Not sure if this is a good idea.

But I use a waterpik to floss in the morning and a string to floss at night.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
just got a portable water pick and I can't go back to regular floss, It seems to get everything clean. Not sure if you should use both tbh but here we are.