• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Autumn is so nice.

feature_roadtrips-1-feature.jpg

Waking up to a foggy morning. The leaves changing. Sweaters and hoodies. A sense of melancholy that at times is sweet.

It's by far my favorite season. Mid September to November. Too bad it's so short.

1*9_PfJjgSsaehI6Y3WOgzxg.jpeg

My birthday, too.

Who else likes Fall a lot?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I love fall, it's my favorite season

But right now it's 90 damn degrees. On the first day of fall! Outrageous

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite season. But it's too hot right now. I need weather between 45-60 degrees for it to feel like peak Autumn.

edit:^ lol beaten

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, it's my favourite season.
The fall colours are beautiful, the temperatures are cool but not freezing and the pumpkin related food items are top tier.

Halloween is the best holiday too.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I'm there with you - definitely my favorite season. I actually grew up in South Texas where we really didn't have Fall. I remember watching a Charlie Brown cartoon from way back when I was in kindergarten and wondering where they got the leaves to jump into. I moved to Northern Colorado 6 years ago and I've absolutely loved the changing of the seasons (and the fact that we actually get all 4 of them). This year has been kind of shitty though. We had our first cool day (high of 73) this past weekend but it's already back into the 80's and might even hit 90 this week. Supposedly it will finally cool off next week, but I'm afraid climate change is essentially killing Fall. Last year it went from hot to cold - never got the nice weather in between.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
I'm from New Orleans and I'm still not convinced that the Fall season actually exists. You all must be some part of a conspiracy, like those earthquake guys.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Me too OP, specifically November. The air smells crisp and clean, there is a sense of anticipation in the air, Christmas is around the corner, lights slowly begin to go up, overcast skies, cosy rain while you sit in a quiet coffee shop, wrapped in a trendy scarf, reading a book.

Love that shit.

Know what I don't like? Searing summer where you smell like garbage and have to rub shoulders with disgusting people on public transport, their sickly flesh scraping against yours while their sweat drips onto your face as you internally scream for it to end.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Autumn*

Americans: LEAVES FALL ON THE GROUND SO THE SEASON IS FALL

The alternative word fall for the season traces its origins to old Germanic languages. The exact derivation is unclear, with the Old English fiæll or feallan and the Old Norse fall all being possible candidates. However, these words all have the meaning "to fall from a height" and are clearly derived either from a common root or from each other. The term came to denote the season in 16th-century England, a contraction of Middle English expressions like "fall of the leaf" and "fall of the year".[18] Compare the origin of spring from "spring of the leaf" and "spring of the year".[19]

ya friggin americans inventing 16th century words all the time like a bunch of dicks

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Me too OP, specifically November. The air smells crisp and clean, there is a sense of anticipation in the air, Christmas is around the corner, lights slowly begin to go up, overcast skies, cosy rain while you sit in a quiet coffee shop, wrapped in a trendy scarf, reading a book.

Love that shit.

Know what I don't like? Searing summer where you smell like garbage and have to rub shoulders with disgusting people on public transport, their sickly flesh scraping against yours while their sweat drips onto your face as you internally scream for it to end.

This is literally the best description of summer of all time.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's my favourite season, smells the best as well.

Morning kayaking on a mirror like lake with mist hanging on the surface is one of my favourite things to do in autumn.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
wut.

Fall is the best season and October is the best month.

Word.

It's my favorite season too. Plus you have so many great holidays to look forward to and massive game releases. I love walking around in hoodie-approved weather. I'm all about that pumpkin spice life too.

It's been in the high 80's to low 90's here in Ohio and I can't wait for that shit to drop down into the 50's.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
It's nice because all the best foods are on their way. I love anything with apples in. And while I dislike all pumpkin-spice beverages, I love other pumpkin and winter gourd desserts and dishes. Can't wait for kabocha tempura, pumpkin risotto, apple bread pudding, pies, breads, cakes...

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The smell of death and decay.
Apple cider being bought in troves.
Sugary powder donuts from the local mill.
People begin making their houses spoopy.
The real horror of seeing your family for Thanksgiving only a month after.
Then we gave thanks for what we have then two hours later go murder people in a Target for a $10 toaster.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I LOVE FALL. Unfortunately we haven't had an appropriate fall in NC for what feels like a decade. The weather just takes far too long to get cold and then winter is already here.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Autumn's my favourite season. It's been pretty warm here in London the past couple of days, but it was nice and drizzly today. I love the crisp chill in the air, and the faint smell of woodsmoke that always shows up. Goddamn perfection.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Early fall is probably my favorite season along with early summer/late spring. Weather isn't too hot or cold, sports all start back up, Halloween is on the horizon and it's so colorful and warm feeling.

It's unfortunate it's so short in Canada.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Apple cider is the only thing making the season tolerable, though admittedly right this minute the weather here is pretty nice. Dunno how long it'll last; I give it two weeks.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I fucking live for this season.

The oppression of summer is over, Rise my Autumn Breathren! RISE!!! Er I mean...FALL!

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Enjoy it before it becomes extinct with climate change. Or move to the UK, which seems has had Autumn weather since the start of September.

Oct 25, 2017
Love it. October is the best month of the year for all the reasons you mentioned. It's also the best time of year, temperature wise for the Midwest.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Fall is most peoples' favorite season lol. The most vacation days/holidays, usually the best weather, and the prettiest.