• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Video games are a fantastic medium. Despite having certain phases of my life where my passion for the hobby has dwindled to zero, something always keeps me coming back. Just one month shy of turning 29 years old, I'm grateful to have access to as many titles as I do between my PC and various Xbox consoles. Growing up with my NES, I never would've dreamed of the potential this form of entertainment would one day have, and I'm ecstatic to see where things are headed. 2020 is about to be nuts!

It's too easy to take all this for granted, which likely leads to a lot of negativity on this forum at times. Gaming fatigue is a very real thing, but it's vital to just live in the moment and appreciate the medium for what it is. I'm at a point in my life where I'd much rather cozy up at home with an Xbox controller than go out for night of bar hopping with friends, and I feel all the better for it.

It's gratifying to be an adult with both a stable job and comfy home, and still be able to simply state, "I like video games."

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Gaming has came a really long way.

When it comes to VR, Online Games as a Service and even Emulation, if showed people what it would become back in the late 80's or even in the early 3D era 90's, People heads would have exploded.

Our heads will explode 20 years from now as Gaming evolves even more

Dec 14, 2017
I agree, video games are often easily taken for granted, usually due to misplaced delusions and entitlement. Glad you are honestly and respectfully enjoying video games OP.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I love them too. Been playing my whole life, 34 now. I had a intermission for a couple years in my twenties, but I'm enjoying them now more than ever.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I love them,I can't imagine losing interesting,always has something to play and enjoy,what I don't have is time.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of those hobbies that tend to be a foundation for what I enjoy. Other hobbies ebb and flow but I'll always play -something-. It might not always be the latest and greatest game, but there's always a game that defines a year for me.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you like the right ones and play them the right way, we cool. If you like the other ones then I might have to insult you for your abysmal taste.

Last edited:

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
At 38 I still play them daily and have never had a lull with them, so I think it's pretty clear I love games and that love probably won't go away. The industry may be movig towards a future I don't like, but as long as there are games to play I'll be there.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I like video games as much as movies, music, tv shows, books, art galleries, and possibly the theatre.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I like video games when they are consisntently better than the previous games in big ways. I feel like progress has been slow.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I do too, but there is one thing that just always bothered me:

Would a FMV game taking place in a video game universe be classified as "Video Video Game" or "Video Game Video Video Game"? This keeps me up at night.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's gratifying to be an adult with both a stable job and comfy home, and still be able to simply state, "I like video games."

It definitely is. I'm thankful every day that I've managed to be able to build a life where I have a great career, a decent income, a great wife who also makes a decent income and also never wanted/can't stand children so that I have have plenty of time to continue enjoy gaming and my other hobbies into my 40s and beyond.