• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do You Like New Powers or Old Powers more?

• New

Votes: 165 38.6%
  • Old

Votes: 161 37.6%
  • Like both roughly the same

Votes: 89 20.8%
  • Dislike Both

Votes: 13 3.0%

• Total voters

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i prefer the stretchy ones but i didnt mind the change. the only thing i didnt want them to do was that the bangle gave her the powers so im good with the show.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how the new powers look less "goofy/bad". I don't think that "problem" was solved.

Her powerset was the least interesting thing in the show. Just the visual aesthetic of them, not the range of use (shield, fist, armour, et al). Although every time she would jump on the discs I hoped the coefficient of friction was on her side because they looked as slippery as ice. And Frozone she ain't.

Let's see if/how The Marvels improves upon them: the synergy with Marvel/Monica was stated as one of the reasons for the change in her powerset, so I'm personally waiting for the movie before passing a personal judgement.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It'd like the change better if it was just a hard light version of her embiggening. She used it a bit like that, but how she moved in the comics due to her powers is so tied to her in my mind that the floating platforms and minimal stretchy hands just feel off. Kinda hoping during or after the movie it splits the difference and we get something halfway between the two.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
MCU Ms. Marvel is vastly superior to comic Ms. Marvel in just about every single way imaginable. Her power set in the comics was so over-the-top OP and I was indifferent about the character from the comics but I fucking LOVE her character in the MCU. Iman Vellani is obviously a big part of that, but I feel like her power set all the down to the spoiler in the last episode make her a more interesting character. The Marvels is now by far my most anticipated MCU project.