• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Well they better not keep protecting this guy. Get him out of the company but that still leaves the people that protected his behavior. Not sure how they'll handle this.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awful. Name the assaulters and those who protect them and get rid of both.
The problem is that there seems to be a large quantity of senior people that fall into the latter category.

This gives the impression that passing over and not listening to women is ingrained right into the company culture, and that's going to be difficult to excise.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Like others, I just kinda expected better from Insomniac. Idk why but fuck when she say "from the very top" does she mean Ted Price?

This shit is everywhere, misogyny is rampant in this industry and every other one. Working in web design it's especially notable how few women I come across. It's so shit.

Oct 25, 2017
This is all over the place, the more people that speak out the more of a chance we have to right this crappy work culture. Keep on speaking out, a lot of us are listening and appreciate it.

I think its unreasonable to expect big companies to be completely free of assholes (percentage wise, its highly improbable) but we need to do better when people come out and outline a clear pattern of behavior. Insomniac has a chance to make amends here and improve their culture.

I was at a small company and had a person I worked with who would hug women, kiss them on the head, call them sweetie, and baby, and all this other junk. I complained to my manager that it made me feel uncomfortable and that I could visibly see that it made others uncomfortable. It was also really awkward because I would teach a tech oriented class with him and I would cringe constantly. All my complaints were always brushed off as, "That's just how he is". Shit was infuriating the way it seemed upper management was okay with it because that's how he always acts.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HR is not the same as Union. This is why we need unions. Union reps would have forced Ted to take this seriously.

The fact that this isnt just one guy being a creep is very disturbing. its clear there is a culture of protecting these predators over at Insomaniac and Sony needs to conduct an external investigation asap. the trust is broken and there is nothing Ted Price and Jstevensen can say or do that will make things better.

And thats just the sexual assault part of this. Women being passed up for promotion in favor of men is just as disturbing and warrants an investigation asap.

data

Oct 25, 2017
:(, I can just skip their games but these workers coming out can potentially be blacklisted. That's messed up
That's the current reality and that needs to be changed. Unfortunate that people need to go public with this to have action taken while risking their lives / careers. I don't doubt how much stress they're going through posting these.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It's disgusting that one of the predators is still employed there. Root him out and fire him. Immediately!

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
It seems like the closer you look at men in any power positions, the more you will find these types of stories. It's sad. Hopefully all these stories coming out will help propel the change that needs to happen.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This shit is everywhere, misogyny is rampant in this industry and every other one. Working in web design it's especially notable how few women I come across. It's so shit.
If we are talking about UI/UX and the actual design part of it, I actually meet mostly women in the field. In the US anyways.

Full stack development, though...It is very white and very male.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If we are talking about UI/UX and the actual design part of it, I actually meet mostly women in the field. In the US anyways.

Full stack development, though...It is very white and very male.

Yeah I'm in web development and can agree that there seems to be more balance in UI/UX.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I read that thread entirely. Disgusting.
Thank god people are coming out with these stories. Things need to change in every industry.

The music industry and Hollywood had movements like this. It's great to see gaming also going through it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This hurts. I've always admired Insom and the people who work there, but to know that this kind of behavior is common really damages my opinion of them as a team. I hope Ted Price is listening and works to fix this shit.

Let's not post Ubisoft drama in a thread about Insomniac, if only because it really muddies the waters and makes it hard to keep track of what wrongdoing is happening at which company.

That stuff deserves its own thread and its own individual call-out, if it hasn't received one already.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This is especially disheartening as Insomniac was routinely ranked as one of the best places to work. I guess the caveat should be for just men.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I don't think there's a single company in tech that's even "ok" to work for as a woman or minority.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
We have some insomniac members here. Maybe they can shed some light on this if they are willing to report it?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Depressing. They better take this seriously and take action. Who is the one that still remains? Might be time to clean house a bit

Nov 11, 2017
Wowzers this is depressing to read, I hope they investigate this but she said its from the top.

Edit: eh... there response is kind of garbage smh, the first tweet is fine but the second isn't needed right now.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Good fucking god. Time to release some sort of statement Insomniac, and hold those responsible accountable immediately.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's sad to see that they doesn't seem to be any company in any industry where that type of shit doesn't happen ?

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
That's the current reality and that needs to be changed. Unfortunate that people need to go public with this to have action taken while risking their lives / careers. I don't doubt how much stress they're going through posting these.

They're putting their name out there not for something small. It's pretty much career suicide by this point and not only from the industry but also the vitriol they receive from the internet. It always gets "rectified" after something like this comes out when internally they were left off the hook.
I sincerely hope this goes well

This is completely unrelated to me and even then the thought of "this might fuck up my career if I make this thread" crossed my mind

I can empathize with that, you're kinda always putting your name out there so putting that spotlight on yourself by making such a thread is daunting.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
There's good ol' nothing I expected.
What did you expect? To put private information out into the world? Them acknowledging it is better than nothing, but legally they cannot provide private details. Most likely same reason we never heard about the Naughty Dog outcome is because that is private information relating to the people related to the situation.

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's not a defense, but that's all IG can say in regards to this and we'll likely never know if they have or haven't addressed the situation.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ive admired insomniac for their anti crunch workflows in the past. Never going to apply to work there.