• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
My uncle works for the government and is a retired general, so trust me on this. I can't reveal any names due to privacy and safety concerns...

You know how Sony always talks about "10 year cycles" for their consoles? Well, this is just to create an illusion. Try to think back to the PlayStation 1. It came out when a lot of you were younger, probably teenagers. And now we are on the verge of the PlayStation 5 being released. How does that make any sense?

Playstation 1
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4

That's 4

4x10 equals 40 years.

Are most of you almost 50 or 60 years old then? No, I didn't think so. This proves the fact that the 10 year cycle is a lie. Same thing goes for the PlayStation 4, just like the other models before it. It was released 7 years ago and Sony is already releasing the new model.

Why does any of this matter? Well, Sony has noticed that people are waking up to this massive lie, therefore they are keeping quiet about the PlayStation 5. You barely see any promotions and they have been pulling out of all events. In their internal meetings, they have discussed how they need to keep it hush hush so that people don't take a step back and say "hey..wait a minute, if the new ones coming then how come my current PlayStation 4 is only in its 7th year?? What happened to the 10 year cycle??". This will hurt their brand image and ultimately stock.

I don't know how much time I'll have left after I hit the submit button, and mods will probably lock this thread since they are potentially in on this conspiracy, but I couldn't keep this secret any longer. Gamers must know...gamers must....RISE UP!

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
My uncle works for the government and is a retired general, so trust me on this. I can't reveal any names due to privacy and safety concerns...

You know how Sony always talks about "10 year cycles" for their consoles? Well, this is just to create an illusion. Try to think back to the PlayStation 1. It came out when a lot of you were younger, probably teenagers. And now we are on the verge of the PlayStation 5 being released. How does that make any sense?

Playstation 1
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4

That's 4

4x10 equals 40 years.

Are most of you almost 50 or 60 years old then? No, I didn't think so. This proves the fact that the 10 year cycle is a lie. Same thing goes for the PlayStation 4, just like the other models before it. It was released 7 years ago and Sony is already releasing the new model.

Why does any of this matter? Well, Sony has noticed that people are waking up to this massive lie, therefore they are keeping quiet about the PlayStation 5. You barely see any promotions and they have been pulling out of all events. In their internal meetings, they have discussed how they need to keep it hush hush so that people don't take a step back and say "hey..wait a minute, if the new ones coming then how come my current PlayStation 4 is only in its 7th year?? What happened to the 10 year cycle??". This will hurt their brand image and ultimately stock.

I don't know how much time I'll have left after I hit the submit button, and mods will probably lock this thread since they are potentially in on this conspiracy, but I couldn't keep this secret any longer. Gamers must know...gamers must....RISE UP!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
My uncle has heard of the government and says that Sony is actually cancelling the PS5 and putting it's development costs into a Legend of Dragoon remake and sequel.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Someone should let OP know the 10-year cycle relates to their console being supported for that long...

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): Inappropriate joke
Look, it takes nine months to give birth to a healthy new console system. A month or so ago Sony got news that their console would be born with birth defects so they're keeping it quiet while doctors figure out how to make it healthy. The last thing they want is a premature baby to take care of. Even worse, it could be stillborn.

Just, please keep this amongst yourselves. It's been hard on them and they're quite sensitive about it. I'm sure it will turn out fine but you know parents... they can be touchy.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I think the first sentence about your uncle immediately established a sense of trust within me, great briefing of the facts and not even Donald could have written it any better.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
They are quiet because they have a successful product with heavy hitters on their pipeline to release this year.
It's not hard to understand.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Can't Sony just bring out the hidden unmarked black helicopters and subdue everyone to conform to the 10 year illusion by force?

Status
Not open for further replies.