• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was already a perfect game but its length and focus really lends itself to repeat trips, which makes it a nice palate cleanser these days.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
But okay listen to me listen to me listen...listen...

THAT WAS AWESOME.

Oh my GOD.

Like. This is a game that does so many things RIGHT that I can't list them all. Like any one thing on it's own doesn't sound that amazing, but you put them all together and it makes such an amazing package. Like just little moments like your teammates in the big kid club that you're just now falling into giving you callouts, or the funny comments by BT, or the so so so many moments of realization like "Oh wait am I about to do th...YES I AM LET'S GO."

I don't think I have ever played a game in my life that I like, verbally said "holy shit no no no fuck" out loud before. It was like a rollercoaster from beginning to end. I streamed it for friends on discord and they enjoyed reliving it through me as well.

And you know what makes me more happy? I had my expectations sky high, which you know is always a recipe for disaster, AND I had had That One Level spoiled for me since I took too long to get to this game (look, okay I was busy...uhhhh...getting all the achievements on Titanfall 1....on 360 and Xbox One.... Yeah so that takes a while to do okay?). And like man I can't imagine how much better it would have been, because my favorite moments throughout the story were those of realization. Oh fuck are they really gonna... OH YES. So if it hadn't been spoiled...Holy shit I can't even imagine what that would have been like. And yet even STILL it blew me away.

And you know what's even better? The campaign just kept on firing on all cylinders. Just about every level is the best level, and even like, the one level that isn't as much is still a top tier FPS level.

Nevermind why I hadn't gotten to this sooner, why haven't YOU gotten to this sooner? What is wrong with you? Huh? This game has a fucking FoV slider on console and runs at 60 fps for god's sake. Did I mention the graphics are seriously great for that kind of performance too? You have no excuse. It costs like $5 regularly. What the fuck is wrong with you? Play the best goddamn shooter made in the last decade you asshole.

EDIT: also I'm going to hijack my own thread here and tell you all Titanfall 1 is absolutely a masterpiece of multiplayer game design and deserves all of your love. I needed an excuse to keep playing any chance I got but after two 100%s and about 235 hours of play, I really had to move on and play some other games calling my name...like TF2! TF2's multiplayer just doesn't hit that same mark for me though. But oh well.
Just came to say that I love the energy of this OP and I agree wholeheartedly. I might just do a second replay on Series X as I hear it runs even better than on One X, and that was already silky smooth. Such a wonderful game, and I looooove BT.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's great. I was laughing during the smart pistol sequence because the game knew it was making you OP as shit, but it was okay because it was so much fun.

I feel like Doom Eternal took some cues from Titanfall 2 in that both use a platforming > combat > platforming rhythm to its level design, except TF2 does it better because TF2's movement is more fun outside of combat. The whole system of wall-running and sliding is such a joy to use.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to give this another shot. Played the first hour and it was pretty boring. Guess it picks up eventually?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'd trade every hour I've played in FPS campaigns other than Titanfall 2 for another five hours that good. Also more achievements like Become The Master.

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing it two days ago, but couldn't move on until I got this one lol
i4FD0ZZ.png

Looking forward to the...actual game now

Dec 6, 2017
US
I tried twice and could never get into it. It seems like it'd be cool on PC if you're good with K+M but it was entirely too precision-based for me on a controller for some reason. Never really have that issue in other games but this one, damn. I could barely ever nail a good wall run and slide combo and so on, it always felt really awkward and I couldn't wrap my head around the flow of it all. The training area already frustrated me more than most games do in later levels because of that.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
The best fps game ever made. I am currently replaying it after buying it for the 3rd time (and I could just play it on gamepass).

Every level brings some new gameplay mechanic into the mix and they never outstay their welcome. Unlike most campaigns where all the cool shit happens in non playable cutcenes, here it's all gameplay.

Throw in the amazing multiplayer, with the different titans, sublime maps and traversal and the game is just a blast.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
TF1 currently getting fucked over by a lone hacker.
I might buy the second, idk yet

It's alive and well on xbox one. It really sucks they can't do much about TF1 :/ Idk what the hell the guy's deal is. Like he's straight up made it impossible to log in at times. I don't understand it.

Just came to say that I love the energy of this OP and I agree wholeheartedly. I might just do a second replay on Series X as I hear it runs even better than on One X, and that was already silky smooth. Such a wonderful game, and I looooove BT.

Sometimes a game just fires me up. It's rare, and I love it when it happens, especially given I have ADHD and often just can't vibe with a lot of games and it leaves me feeling a bit more dead.

And yeah as I understand the game has sliding resolution and of course framerate, so on Series X you'd be more completely getting the, what 6K resolution it runs at or something insane? The image quality on this game is stupid good.

I need to give this another shot. Played the first hour and it was pretty boring. Guess it picks up eventually?

Yeah, first game is just setting the stage.

This is a game about acceleration in a micro and macro level. So it starts slow and builds and builds. Also remember a lot of people are BAD at first person platforming, so it wants to start them off easier.

Even though I didn't completely follow the story and don't think it's the best thing ever, it's still worth setting up and building on, because it really brings the experience together.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing it two days ago, but couldn't move on until I got this one lol
i4FD0ZZ.png

Looking forward to the...actual game now

You know what's hilarious? Other than this and the Master difficulty (why didn't they call it Pilot difficulty wtf lol), the game just THROWs achievements at you. It's kinda stupid lol.

What weird is there is only one multiplayer achievement. Kind of amazed. It's just for winning a single multiplayer match. There's not even one for winning ten. I'm surprised it never got any DLC trophies, like for beating a Frontier Defense on the highest difficulty, or for reaching max player level or something like that.

Which is funny since the first game is entirely multiplayer and on xbox they added an entire extra 1000G on top with the title updates and DLC maps (fuck I am so mad seeing how anemic TF2's map list is. TF1 literally does not have a bad multiplayer map. Why did they leave those all behind?). It's the only multiplayer only game I have 100%ed I think. I might sit down and just try and hammer out Bleeding Edge but like, that one's achievements are super simple and straight forward.

It's probably just as well for me though tbh. Don't love the changes they made to multiplayer, so I'll probably only play a little more. I'm gonna save the multiplayer win achievement for a day I want to grab a quick achievement for microsoft rewards points.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I tried twice and could never get into it. It seems like it'd be cool on PC if you're good with K+M but it was entirely too precision-based for me on a controller for some reason. Never really have that issue in other games but this one, damn. I could barely ever nail a good wall run and slide combo and so on, it always felt really awkward and I couldn't wrap my head around the flow of it all. The training area already frustrated me more than most games do in later levels because of that.

The gauntlet is intended to be very hard. Don't sweat it. You'll be better by the end of the game. I'm still intimidated to try it though, and I'm pretty decent at titanfall.

The best fps game ever made. I am currently replaying it after buying it for the 3rd time (and I could just play it on gamepass).

Every level brings some new gameplay mechanic into the mix and they never outstay their welcome. Unlike most campaigns where all the cool shit happens in non playable cutcenes, here it's all gameplay.

Throw in the amazing multiplayer, with the different titans, sublime maps and traversal and the game is just a blast.

I'm just never going to forgive them for only bringing over a paltry amount of TF1 maps, when literally all of the TF1 maps are incredible. TF2's list is anemic too.

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun game, though I take the deeper combat mechanics, weapon and enemy variety and challenge of id's DOOM games over it.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Mechanically...

Its still the best FPS ever made.

Played it again on Gamepass and the minute to minute gameplay flow and the way you move/shoot/do your things is STILL 3-4 classes above everything else.

Campaign is also extremely well done, with flawless pacing.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The gauntlet is intended to be very hard. Don't sweat it. You'll be better by the end of the game. I'm still intimidated to try it though, and I'm pretty decent at titanfall.

No I mean I did end up playing the campaign for at least two, or more, hours but it was just one of those games that constantly made me feel like I'm terrible at it and can't even string together basic 'cool' shit it wants me to do. I got stomped nonstop as well and none of it encouraged me to actually learn it. I just flat-out didn't like the game but part of that was that I thought it was aesthetically bland as hell on top of it. I especially thought the weapon designs were so uninteresting, I could barely tell the guns apart besides 'big and small'.

I don't mean to shit on the game though. It does what it does seemingly well and I know people really dig it, I just didn't get it. Also as a disclaimer I really typically like hard games, not that I even thought it was incredibly hard or anything.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Best FPS this gen, no question. Hopefully Apex has done enough for the IP to justify a third TF game.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's probably the best modern FPS campaign and is 100% up there with the greats like Half Life 2. It doesn't progress the medium in quite the same way Half Life does but it's a masterfully tuned experience that is just terrific at everything it wants to do.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TF2's campaign was way better than it had any right to be. Every level was amazingly designed and brought something new (and, most importantly fun) to the table. Even I really loved it and I'm not usually much of an FPS guy.

"Protocol 3: Protect the pilot."

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I loved playing the campaign, but I found the story to be pretty unmemorable. I think there were definitely levels and encounters that were super memorable, but the overall plot of what I was doing and why I was doing it felt a little undercooked to me, or at least not really what I'm looking for in a single player narrative. Great game otherwise though. I should really replay it on Series X on Game Pass.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
No I mean I did end up playing the campaign for at least two, or more, hours but it was just one of those games that constantly made me feel like I'm terrible at it and can't even string together basic 'cool' shit it wants me to do. I got stomped nonstop as well and none of it encouraged me to actually learn it. I just flat-out didn't like the game but part of that was that I thought it was aesthetically bland as hell on top of it. I especially thought the weapon designs were so uninteresting, I could barely tell the guns apart besides 'big and small'.

I don't mean to shit on the game though. It does what it does seemingly well and I know people really dig it, I just didn't get it. Also as a disclaimer I really typically like hard games, not that I even thought it was incredibly hard or anything.

I just played it on Regular. I'll go back for hard later.

I had the benefit of having played a ton of TF1 right before, so I was more used to the movement. I think the more you get used to it the more you'll enjoy it. I actually didn't play it on xbox for the longest time because I figured it would be bad on controller, but I wanted to play the game again and it's pointless to on PC. So I decided to just give it a shot.

Perhaps playing the multiplayer first a bit would help?

TF2's campaign was way better than it had any right to be. Every level was amazingly designed and brought something new (and, most importantly fun) to the table. Even I really loved it and I'm not usually much of an FPS guy.

"Protocol 3: Protect the pilot."

I knew that's what he was doing before he said it and I was so mad. I was like YOU'D BETTER NOT KILL HIM GAME.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't do anything for me. Had to force myself to complete it. Meanwhile I loved Doom 2016 (but not Eternal).

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible campaign. Perfect pacing. I admire the devs commitment to scope and polish - resisting the urge to padd the game up with filler content in order to reach more playtime. No gimick overstays it's welcome, instead you are left with a feeling of wanting just a bit more - which is a great place to be.

HK-48

Jan 14, 2021
England
Easily one of the best FPS single player campaigns maybe since cod 4 or HL2. I hope we get a titanfall 3 at some point

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
It's fantastic. I love it.

And also the multiplayer. Having played hundreds of hours in Titanfall 1, my kneejerk reaction to 2 was not enjoy the changes. But I say stick with it, OP, game does a lot right and mobility is improved from the first game (bless slidehopping).

Dec 6, 2017
US
I just played it on Regular. I'll go back for hard later.

I had the benefit of having played a ton of TF1 right before, so I was more used to the movement. I think the more you get used to it the more you'll enjoy it. I actually didn't play it on xbox for the longest time because I figured it would be bad on controller, but I wanted to play the game again and it's pointless to on PC. So I decided to just give it a shot.

Perhaps playing the multiplayer first a bit would help?

Oh I remember something that fucked me up consistently...you can't sprint and strafe at the same time. I assume it went with the whole idea of movement, sliding and building momentum in the game but it frustrated me to hell and back. I know that's just me not playing it right but yeah like I said, it never gripped me like a Souls game or so where I just need to and want to learn every nuance of it and improve.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
they sell this in the dollar store for $2 from time to time for the Xbone if you're ever looking for it. It's a bargain

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible campaign. Perfect pacing. I admire the devs commitment to scope and polish - resisting the urge to padd the game up with filler content in order to reach more playtime. No gimick overstays it's welcome, instead you are left with a feeling of wanting just a bit more - which is a great place to be.

Exactly. Utterly perfect.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna reinstall it. Easily one of the best games of last generation. Top 3 for me: Bloodborne, Red Dead 2, Titanfall 2

Make Titanfall 3 you cowards!!

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't super into the last level of the campaign compared to what came before, but it's easily one of the best FPS campaigns I've played recently

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It really gave me some HL3 vibes. It just took the best elements of FPS in terms of combat, platforming, exploration, clever encounters, level design and delivered on everything. It's top 10 in this generation and one of the best FPS ever. Even being in such close proximity to DOOM and Wolfenstein which were also absolutely amazing and a great comeback for the genre, this game was able to shine through.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I think this and Bulletstorms campaign are my most fave in the last few years.

They both just keep building and getting wilder and wilder.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It really gave me some HL3 vibes. It just took the best elements of FPS in terms of combat, platforming, exploration, clever encounters, level design and delivered on everything. It's top 10 in this generation and one of the best FPS ever. Even being in such close proximity to DOOM and Wolfenstein which were also absolutely amazing and a great comeback for the genre, this game was able to shine through.

I honestly got so many portal 2 vibes from it, and like, beyond the factory and the fact that it's the source engine, I really don't know why.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I played through it on PC back in the day off an Origin sale, I was absolutely blown away with how good the campaign was.

Played it again recently on the XSX after seeing it was on XGPU... yep, still awesome. Shit didn't age a day, all the big moments still had hard hitting impact. The TF2 campaign is a must play for anybody who enjoys first person shooters.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I played through it on PC back in the day off an Origin sale, I was absolutely blown away with how good the campaign was.

Played it again recently on the XSX after seeing it was on XGPU... yep, still awesome. Shit didn't age a day, all the big moments still had hard hitting impact. The TF2 campaign is a must play for anybody who enjoys first person shooters.

I have a feeling it won't age barely at all in the coming years.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so upset gamers didn't buy this game when it came out.

Titanfalls biggest complaint was not having a campaign - this gave us one of the best FPS campaigns this past decade.

While the MP didn't match TF1 - it was still great and one of the best MP FPS out there.

The mechanics, gameplay, versatility, etc. was so unmatched.

On top of that - no loot boxes, free DLC.

But gamers didn't give a shit.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible game. I replayed it last year to get the platinum and had just as much fun as I did my first time playing it.