• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Has someone compiled a list of how often this exact thread pops up? Seems like once a week, at least.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I took the multiplayer seriously. That is an achievement in it of itself. I'm not a teenager anymore!

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we will ever get another campaign from those folks. While I like Apex, I fear it's success has nixed the chances of more single payer stuff.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really was that fucking good, played it for the first time a few weeks ago, that level in particular... just wow

It's really nice having something hyped up for years, and then you finally play it and see that it actually did deliver

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm sorry, no hate; everyone's got their own taste...but what the fuck.

(I am very excited to get to Infinite Warfare though. Hear great things about it from friends who pushed me to finally play TF2).

But I gotta be honest "run of the mill"....man that's not holding up in court. This game straight up had portal vibes with the puzzles n stuff on the time level. That's run of the mill to you...?......? Like it's not even a time travel theme. It's a time travel real-time mechanic.

That particular level / mechanic was cool.

The story in general just wasn't that interesting though.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
But okay listen to me listen to me listen...listen...

THAT WAS AWESOME.

Oh my GOD.

Ree1bb67b89315f46c917df8ddf3c26e4

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
"I guess the time travel? It was pretty cool, but it didn't stand out that much to me. All levels were pretty different and I'd say thats one of the games biggest strenghts "

I think it was also unique in that the mechanic let you feel clever for using it. A number of other mechanics they add are fun, but not particularly like, thought provoking. So I enjoyed that. It was very engaging.

Has someone compiled a list of how often this exact thread pops up? Seems like once a week, at least.

I'm sorryyyy.

hahaha, I had a stupid grin on my face during that part.

This game just knows it's fun, and doesn't care to take itself super seriously. It's just confident in how fun it is.

I am downloading it right now
Thanks Gamepass

YES

Waiting for EA Access on Gamepass to play this, bah!

Ohhh shoot you mean on PC gamepass? Yeah definitely worth the wait for when they finally get that worked out. Cuz yeah EA is on xbox gamepass already.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good now go get into some serious Apex Legends in the in universe follow up battle royale!

It is actually really fun.

Tho we desperately need a new Titanfall.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed I have it on ps5 and it's included on Gamepass...best next gen version?

The xbox one x version is the best, so if you have a series x, that will be where it's best. It has the highest resolution range, and let me tell you, it's C.R.I.S.P. One of the best image qualities I've ever seen in a video game. I'm sure it's great on playstation though.

I have an xbox one x and a PS5, and I knew the Xbox version was extremely good, and I was already playing through the first game and getting all the achievements there, so I kinda just had to continue my streak on xbox.

(Btw, If you dont' know why you have it on Playstation, then it's probably because it was PS+.)

Good now go get into some serious Apex Legends in the in universe follow up battle royale!

It is actually really fun.

Tho we desperately need a new Titanfall.

I 100% Apex the day after I 100%ed Titanfall on xbox one! (Feb 8th and 9th respectively). Currently working on the battlepass to see if I can get that level 99 repeater skin. Apex is incredible. Just needed a group of buddies to really get into it. It's intolerable solo.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
The xbox one x version is the best, so if you have a series x, that will be where it's best. It has the highest resolution range, and let me tell you, it's C.R.I.S.P. One of the best image qualities I've ever seen in a video game. I'm sure it's great on playstation though.

I have an xbox one x and a PS5, and I knew the Xbox version was extremely good, and I was already playing through the first game and getting all the achievements there, so I kinda just had to continue my streak on xbox.

(Btw, If you dont' know why you have it on Playstation, then it's probably because it was PS+.)
no no, I bought it first time it was on a sale, just forgot it...FOMO buying sometimes has caveats.
On series X gotta be cool AF, will download there!

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
no no, I bought it first time it was on a sale, just forgot it...FOMO buying sometimes has caveats.
On series X gotta be cool AF, will download there!

You're in for a treat. I couldn't get over how good the game looked, given the rock solid 60 fps. If there were dips I completely didn't notice, and on series X you'll be probably getting the max res and fps all the time. Don't forget to turn up the FoV a little. The default 70 is a bit low. Playing on a monitor I found 100 to be perfect. Apparently the slider was added in a later patch. Kinda glad I didn't play at launch as I'm finding low FoV harder and harder to tolerate in FPS games. I got Cyberpunk on playstation and the low FoV is kinda putting me off it.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I 100% Apex the day after I 100%ed Titanfall on xbox one! (Feb 8th and 9th respectively). Currently working on the battlepass to see if I can get that level 99 repeater skin. Apex is incredible. Just needed a group of buddies to really get into it. It's intolerable solo.

Ye solo Apex is lame af.

Glad you found your way to Apex already!

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Ye solo Apex is lame af.

Glad you found your way to Apex already!

Yup. My destiny group has been rolling around a few different things. A little overwatch, a little warframe, a little wow, a few other things. I kinda abstained from wow and warframe just because I'm really not in the mood for yet another grindy online game. So I was happy to jump into them when they started looking into playing Apex with each other.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It was Respawn who chose the release date. Not EA.

One of the most incredible things ever, right? Like, wow. It was their own hubris.

Such a shame. I think they knew how good of a game they had on their hands, but boy they just, yeah. I'm glad with Apex they did the complete opposite. Just dropped it on everyone when nothing else was around and let the game being good speak loudly for itself.

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah OP, you better believe it!

The way combat flows, the set-pieces and a good story create a well rounded experience, one that leaves you breathless as it just throws one thing after at you, but it all feels so natural, it just feels "right". Absolutely nothing is shoe-horned in there, no excess flab, just a laser-focus that leaves you (or at least me) wanting more.

Bring on all the threads from newcomers to the game, is so cool to see the reaction to this masterpiece.

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah OP, you better believe it!

The way combat flows, the set-pieces and a good story create a well rounded experience, one that leaves you breathless as it just throws one thing after at you, but it all feels so natural, it just feels "right". Absolutely nothing is shoe-horned in there, no excess flab, just a laser-focus that leaves you (or at least me) breathless and wanting more.

Bring on all the threads from newcomers to the game, is so cool to see the reaction to this masterpiece.
DefiantPlumpHatchetfish-size_restricted.gif

Jan 11, 2019
The multiplayer is super duper great too. Northstar is my bae.

After playing the campaign I had decided that Titanfall 2 is one of the best games ever. It's a masterpiece.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Put a hundred plus hours into its multiplayer

Still haven't touched its single player lmao. I will one day..probably. If 3 ever happens I will for sure.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to play TF2 after playing through Killzone 2 because I was craving more sci-fi FPS, but it just didn't deliver for me. It felt light/floaty in terms of gunplay, and overall it just came across as a generic-ass CoD-esque campaign. To this day I'm still searching for a sci-fi FPS that can measure up to KZ2.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
One of the best FPS campaigns ever made. Funny how two FPS campaigns in the same generation made me get emotional about robots (TF2 and COD: Infinite Warfare)

OP
OP
Chettlar

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to play TF2 after playing through Killzone 2 because I was craving more sci-fi FPS, but it just didn't deliver for me. It felt light/floaty in terms of gunplay, and overall it just came across as a generic-ass CoD-esque campaign. To this day I'm still searching for a sci-fi FPS that can measure up to KZ2.

Lol any game is going to feel light and floaty after KZ2.

One of the best FPS campaigns ever made. Funny how two FPS campaigns in the same generation made me get emotional about robots (TF2 and COD: Infinite Warfare)

Oh fuck I'm going to play that soon. There's robot friends in that one too??

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I remember playing the time travel level and thinking - this is so amazing I would love to play a whole game of it. Like, Link to the Past dual world dichotomy where one action in the past affects the future or something, but in a fast paced action FPS. The whole game was amazing, but I really loved the creativity of that section. I loved moving through that frozen moment near the end of the game as well...

I didn't really play much of multiplayer, because the core single player campaign is just the best thing EA have released in years

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
It's up for debate which has the better time travel level this gen, Titanfall 2 or
Dishonored 2

I would probably have to go with Titanfall 2, as it just plays with the idea a lot better, weaving it into the gameplay itself - the way you can use time as "cover" is nothing sort of genius. With the spoilered game, I actually prefer it as a whole, but the time travel level there is more of a one-and-done puzzle that's a bit of chore to replay. Great on your first go though.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's up for debate which has the better time travel level this gen, Titanfall 2 or
Dishonored 2

I would probably have to go with Titanfall 2, as it just plays with the idea a lot better, weaving it into the gameplay itself - the way you can use time as "cover" is nothing sort of genius. With the spoilered game, I actually prefer it as a whole, but the time travel level there is more of a one-and-done puzzle that's a bit of chore to replay. Great on your first go though.

Found DH2 to be superior actually, and it does plenty there with the gameplay to utilize the gimmick too. Of course DH is inherently much slower.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
played last month and was really impressed by how good it is, i always ignored for some reason (i guess i was not willing to drop money on EA), but damn it is good

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Totally agree with you, OP. Hoping we get a part 3 sometime.
Respawn is working it's way to be one of the best developers out there not getting the love the deserve.