• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I worked in an arcade around high school times, and the guy that owned the arcade imported a ton of boards from Japan. Over half the games in the arcade had that disclaimer come up when all the machines were turned on in the morning. =P

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I worked in an arcade around high school times, and the guy that owned the arcade imported a ton of boards from Japan. Over half the games in the arcade had that disclaimer come up when all the machines were turned on in the morning. =P

Same here, the local arcade even got the uncensored asian version in english of Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
dude. Those games are Japan only for a reason. The rest of the world isn't ready for that kind of gameplay. How could you be so callous

Nov 3, 2017
But what if the arcade is on the moon and the rotational force of our normal gravitational rotation rotates the machine out of Japanese waters? Then who was criminal?

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I was going to lock this out of sheer disgust, but I'm going to leave it open so more people can see your shame. May god have mercy on your soul

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Better watch out...

DZjD626U8AE19A4

The Jam is coming for you now!
Was always funny to me how appropriate this was for Dangun Feveron.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Rot in jail, scumlord.

I'll be rotting in there with you.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Haha... I remember seeing this for the first time on Hyper Dyne Side Arms back in the day. I really though I was getting away with something. :D

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Same here, the local arcade even got the uncensored asian version in english of Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2
Nice. I remember things like Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors 2, Gladiator... What's interesting is how much harder the Japanese versions of things like R-Type were compared to the US version when they came out later - more enemies, harder patterns, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
I am really ashamed of you Resetera. You are letting criminals create threads and brag about their horrible crimes???

Shame on you all.

Oct 25, 2017
i used to remember the ddr machine having this in the arcade on vacation.

used to make me feel weird, like I too was involved in the criminal act of playing JP only arcade games in the west.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.....

....Sunset Riders got added to Arcade Archives?

Yeah, around the summer. I'm surprised it didn't get more fanfare, but it's been quite a year.

On topic, I remember Konami was cracking down on arcades importing DDR 3rd, 4th, 5th Mix etc. while Americans were stuck with the barebones original and USA Mix. I think enough arcades rebelled to the point of Konami giving up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry Thammy, I always suspected you were a criminal given how much you know about obscure robot games. You can't get that kind of knowledge without breaking a few laws

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I always listened to what arcade machines told me. Next thing you know OP will become a drug using loser.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone confirmed with the companies that it's ok to play these even with the warnings?

What should I do if I already purchased? Can I call nintendo and have them revoke my license so I will be absolved from any lawsuits?

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Has anyone confirmed with the companies that it's ok to play these even with the warnings?

What should I do if I already purchased? Can I call nintendo and have them revoke my license so I will be absolved from any lawsuits?

You can't undo what has been done, Nintendo has the logs and now lawyers are headed your way.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe the admins haven't permabanned you yet. I feel sick to my stomach seeing this post.
Because you have great taste and I'm sorta hungry.