• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This past week has been really rough for the team and I just want to say thank you for all your hard work here. Sometimes you miss the Mark just like everyone else, but the majority here really appreciate what you guys do on your free time.

Thank you again for all you do for making this place better than majority of the cesspool that is the internet.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
I also want to say thank you. Nothing is perfect in this plane of existence but I have been generally happy with moderation overall. Way better than what I was used to before Era. You work hard! And I DO feel listened to about concerns. We can all keep improving together as a community <3

Oct 27, 2017
Also want to say thank you. You guys have a really thankless job.

Mess ups might happen, but as a person of color, this is one of the few places on the internet I like frequenting, because the mod team does it's best to sift out trash.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And an especially big thank you for taking power away from Professor Beef

Something we should all celebrate with a dance

giphy.gif

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
How many threads are we going to get about this? Go outside and enjoy the weekend. Don't let the internet consume your life, people

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Did the staff ever make that big response they talked about delivering after consulting with the trans community on ERA?

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
TransERA had a much rougher time, no offense. Everyone who has much more patience than me and actually put up with all that shit in the past months deserves ALL the love & appreciation.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
I've been around long enough to know what is one of the better places on the internet and this is it. It is not solely because of the community. The mods do a lot to hold this place up and just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Thank you mods.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still waiting for any public communication on the issues that's not hidden in staff posts over 7 different threads.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Volunteer forum janitors is the bet phrasing of the role I have ever heard.
I don't mean that with any condescension or anything, it's how I refer to myself a lot of the time haha. I use it because people take it so seriously sometimes, like there's a war or battle they are fighting, or people treat mods like some weird cabal operating in the shadows, when really it's just people trying to do their best. It's a volunteer thing but jeez it should still be fun and sometimes people (on any forum) can make it really hard to want to turn on the computer and help out.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for any public communication on the issues that's not hidden in staff posts over 7 different threads.

If visibility is a concern, maybe report one of those posts or use the Contact Us button and ask for them to be compiled and put as a mission statement in the Announcements section or the like.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If visibility is a concern, maybe report one of those posts or use the Contact Us button and ask for them to be compiled and put as a mission statement in the Announcements section or the like.
I mean you'd think that it would be obvious to let the community know what went wrong, why it went wrong and what the next steps are. The discussions have been in a few threads and the majority of users will never even hear about them without a site-wide announcement.

This is communication 101.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
TransERA had a much rougher time, full offense. Everyone who has much more patience than me and actually put up with all that shit in the past months deserves ALL the love & appreciation.

Agreed completely

I'm just letting them know their work doesn't go unappreciated. What's wrong with that? Some people just want to see this place burn to the ground.

Your shit ain't as slick as you think it is tbh. I was tempted to keep quiet because this is an obvious bait/trap thread (btw, real cute putting that "the majority here appreciate you", because if there's anything queer posters, posters of color etc like being reminded of, it's that we're The Minority), but then you had to insert this shit which is just blatantly "Minorities with valid concerns and criticisms? Couldn't possibly exist, people just want to see this place burn to the ground" and it's fucking sickening to see us get downplayed and dehumanized to that regard so casually. Not just here and now but anytime we have something to say. If you want me being silent about it like you clearly want me and everyone else being silent about everything else that Bothers You, please spare us the time and outright say that you want us banned. At least that's honest

Last edited:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I'll also add my two cents to say thank you to the mods. I've been a mod on many sites and it's a soul crushing and draining experience. So I appreciate the hours you put in to try and keep the community here going.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you'd think that it would be obvious to let the community know what went wrong, why it went wrong and what the next steps are. The discussions have been in a few threads and the majority of users will never even hear about them without a site-wide announcement.

This is communication 101.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just trying to let you know that if you have suggestions, like an announecement, what means you have to communicate those directly to staff.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TransERA had a much rougher time, no offense. Everyone who has much more patience than me and actually put up with all that shit in the past months deserves ALL the love & appreciation.

Props to the many people here in communities who have had to put up with bullshit for the past year+. I'm surprised some of you have stuck it out that long, here's hoping that the right people see all of this discourse and make the right steps.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed completely

Your shit ain't as slick as you think it is tbh. I was tempted to keep quiet because this is an obvious bait/trap thread (btw, real cute putting that "the majority here appreciate you", because if there's anything queer posters, posters of color etc like being reminded of, it's that we're The Minority), but then you had to insert this shit which is just blatantly "Minorities with valid concerns and criticisms? Couldn't possibly exist, people just want to see this place burn to the ground" and it's fucking sickening to see us get downplayed and dehumanized to that regard so casually. Not just here and now but anytime we have something to say. If you want me being silent about it like you clearly want me and everyone else being silent about everything else that Bothers You, please spare us the time and outright say that you want us banned. At least that's honest

God damn sis, go in!

I'm glad you didn't keep quiet, it's true, all of it.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Agreed completely

Where did I said you could never criticize mods? I even said in the OP they sometimes miss the mark like what was going on this week. But at the end of the day Mods are just humans that are doing all of this on their free time on a video game forum. The level of hostility and vicisnous against the mods is a bit ridiculous.