• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I ordered 4 joy-cons for $20 each on their Presidents day sale. All came in great shape with no drift. I've been rotating through them just making sure they were all good. I put about 70 hours in Rune Factory 4 along with playing other games since I received them. Two days ago I realized the minus button didn't work on one of the joy cons so I e-mailed customer support not expecting much. They overnighted a new joy-con immediately with no questions asked! I get to keep the old joy-con so as long as a game doesn't require the minus button it's pretty much an extra! Great customer service!

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
here's something positive about gamestop:

they'll be going out of business soon

(i worked at gamestop and they committed wage theft, i'm allowed to say that)

I'm genuinely glad they gave you good customer service tho.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
People love to shit on GameStop for their tendency to push their employees to upsell and because their buy-back prices are super low, but who the hell else is doing it? If you're not willing to put the work in yourself to sell the games yourself, good luck finding many businesses willing to take your opened consumer product to add back into their inventory.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
I got a large The Division 2 Tommy the Teddy Bear from them for $3.

And, that about does it for positive experiences.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People love to shit on GameStop for their tendency to push their employees to upsell and because their buy-back prices are super low, but who the hell else is doing it? If you're not willing to put the work in yourself to sell the games yourself, good luck finding many businesses willing to take your opened consumer product to add back into their inventory.
Their prices are low cause they like...never reject anything and often they sit on their shelves collecting dust.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I ordered 4 joy-cons for $20 each on their Presidents day sale. All came in great shape with no drift. I've been rotating through them just making sure they were all good. I put about 70 hours in Rune Factory 4 along with playing other games since I received them. Two days ago I realized the minus button didn't work on one of the joy cons so I e-mailed customer support not expecting much. They overnighted a new joy-con immediately with no questions asked! I get to keep the old joy-con so as long as a game doesn't require the minus button it's pretty much an extra! Great customer service!

Now contact Nintendo about that bum joycon, it's possible they'll fix it for free.

Feb 1, 2018
They stole $18 from me lmao

I pre-ordered a switch lite last year with credit card + a gift card (trade in credits), I cancelled the pre-order and I got the cc portion refunded and the balance on the gift card was supposed to be emailed to me as a code, as per the employee at the store I asked. It never came, and everytime I tried calling their customer service # I'd be on hold for 40+ mins and eventually the line disconnects.

What a fucking scam. I hope either a) they totally reform and relaunch the way bestbuy did a few years ago or b) disappear forever because amazon does everything they do better

Also the stores are always cramped, takes forever to get ringed up or get service, and always full of unsupervised small children because their parents use it as a daycare center along with the apple store

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I never have had any bad experiences with GS since first going there in the esrly 2000's honestly.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One Gamestop employee once reserved me a PS4 Pro on its launch day until I could get home to get my old PS4 to get back and swap it for the Pro even though it was the last Pro they got left in the store and they could have easily sold it just like that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's funny seeing the GameStop hate here because the AU equivalent EB Games is by far the best place to shop here.

Oct 27, 2017
My personal experience with GameStop was good.

Well, my only experience with them was good.

Well, my only experience with them was better than with GAME, which is not saying much.

Too bad they went out of business here in Spain.

Well, too bad they went out of business and absorbed by GAME here in Spain.

Yeah, that's about it for me.

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
The upselling makes me avoid them but it's cool to see overly enthusiastic people hanging out in a space they enjoy. Reminds me of comic book shops in the 90s.

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
I brought the gears 4 Xbox s sys and the GS manager told me to put warranty on it and when the Xbox x came out I won't have to pay nothing just keep my gears 4 sys in good condition. When the Xbox x came out I got it for free with the warranty from my gears 4 sys

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with upselling, I just say no thanks. My only issue with my local EBGames (Canada) is how long a simple transaction takes. Buying one game should be a 15 second interaction but somehow it takes minutes.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I went to gamestop a couple times the last month to buy some old games and they didn't ask me to sign up for a membership or preorder any games. Was the best experience I've had there in a long time.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I managed to buy a used copy of symphony of the night from them for 20£, it was worth around 150 at the time, it's now worth 200+.

Thanks gamestop.

This is the only good thing i have to say about them.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
When the Amiibo craze was going on, Nintendo announced that GameStop was taking in-store preorders for Ness. A bunch of us lined up, and GameStop's servers shut down. The guy wrote down all of our names, and told us he'd put in the preorders when the site went up again. A few hours later, at like 10 pm, after the store closed, he called me saying he stayed over to get all the preorders in and he was confirming mine. I left him a good survey but I wish I could've done more to thank him

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The only bad experiences I'd at Gamestop is when they try to sell you "New Games" in which the game is already open.

Other than that, I'd some good price deals over the years; I even remember getting a new copy of The Orange Box on PS3, cheaper than Used.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't go often but I've never had a bad time at Gamestop. No ones ever been rude to me or pushy with their subduction card or whatever.
They also tend to have some good shit on clearance every once in a while.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I was happy Gamestop helped foot the marketing costs for Xenoblade when Nintendo listened to the project Rainfall campaign.

Great game that thankfully is being remastered.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I've honestly never had a bad experience with them. The people working there always seem super nice and OP's experience definitely sounds awesome.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
In-store is fine, their online presence is a pain to work with. Today I made my fourth call on getting a replacement disc for an order from the President's Day sale.