• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
México
I have heard his name a lot here on Era and some other places. So I decided to see what's the deal with him and have been watching some of his videos on YouTube.

They always talk about him like he is this super smart intelligent guy... but he seemed pretty dumb to me? Like he is kinda ignorant in most of the topics they cover? A master of none.

He seems to be what dumb people think a smart person is.

What's the big deal with him? Any episodes you recommend?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I dip in and out to hear the comedians he brings on as guests. So long as he isn't talking about anything very meaningful, I enjoyable. Once politics or science comes in, it's pretty awful lmfao

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When he has a good guest, it's a good show. He's a pretty natural interviewer, and he can keep a 3 hour conversation going, which is not something there's a lot of out there.

I liked his recent pod with Wiz Khalifa.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
He's a dumb shock jock podcaster who coincidentally has a bunch of nazis on as guests to you know, just hear what they're all about or whatever.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watch Newsradio -- Joe Rogan basically is the character he played on the show. And it's a lot more entertaining than his podcast is ever going to be.

First couple seasons are free to stream on Crackle.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I enjoy him. I wouldn't say he's a genius or smart, but he's pragmatic. Stopped listening on youtube while signed in because I was sick of getting suggestions for videos featuring people I had no interest in listening to.

Conversing with someone doesn't mean you agree and support them.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rx1oey8asw931.png

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
He's a really good interviewer, but man he uses that talent to give the wrong people/ideas a platform.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
I've only watched one episode of his show, I think it was posted in some thread here, it was some area 51 guy, I wasn't impressed the whole thing was so full of BS, he was very poor at questioning any of it... and started talking a lot of dumb stuff out of his imagination later on, it made me uncomfortable
and I saw people thinking that was an amazing interview or something, I don't get it.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. No one says he's smart, even he doesn't consider himself. He aways says he wants to learn more in his podcats. But he is fun podcast host and has a lot of interesting guests on his show.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen anyone, even his biggest fans, consider Rogan a "smart person."

The "He seems to be what dumb people think a smart person is" applies to what Rogan and his fans think of Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin, etc.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only worthwhile Joe Rogan episodes are the ones where he talks to conspiracy theorists.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Threads on Joe Rogan's podcast invariably go poorly and produce low quality discussion, and we do not believe this one will be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.