• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is this my new favorite band?

Square Hammer is the catchiest song I've heard in a long fucking time.

I've been missing out holy cow

Oct 29, 2017
Square Hammer is a great song.

They're touring with Mastodon this year, which is another amazing band. You should grab tickets if ya can.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not a massive fan of the band, but I've been to a concert and it was a really fun show.

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the club! I just got into them last year and they pretty well instantly became my favourite band.

I got meet and greet tickets to see them this September. Super hyped!

OP
OP
Darkmaigle

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm about to pull the trigger on the Tucson show, watching some YouTube videos of this band live and holy shit they sound good.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was just looking at books and audio books on amazon so my immediate thought was "There's an audio book of the Patrick Swayze movie!?"

Damn I'm about to pull the trigger on the Tucson show, watching some YouTube videos of this band live and holy shit they sound good.

I haven't looked it up at all, hopefully he is fine. But, Tobias had to cut a show short last month because his voice was fucked. Hopefully that was just a sickness thing or something, and not a bad sign. But, I'd be looking up more recent videos before buying tickets.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Duuuuude yes, more people need to discover this band. Even if you're not a huge fan of their music, as said above, their shows are REALLY something else. Their whole image and spectacle truly elevates them especially their live performances. Even though there are other modern bands I'd admit are better, I'd still rather go see Ghost than anyone else just because of their pizazz and style. Plus, I adore the pulpy/poppy/prog-metal take on the antichrist/satanic clergy gimmick. It's delightful.

Also, Darkness in the Heart of my Love is just... one of the best songs of the past ten years. It kills me every time I listen to it.

Rudr

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I saw them live back in 2014 at the Fonda Theater here in LA and it was amazing watching them in a small venue, also got a signed
Opus Eponymous vinyl there as well. Seems now they mainly play at huge stadiums. I saw them again in 2018 at the Forum, show was great as well but obviously not as intimate. Overall Opus Eponymous is still my favorite album from them. Fun band.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a genwunner when it comes to Ghost, so if you haven't tried it yet, I HIGHLY recommend Opus Eponymous.
Overall not a fan of what they did later, but Kiss The Go-Goat is an exception.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ghost is great. Every new album I go "I'm not sure I like this", but then I end up listening to it seven hundred more times.

They're great live, too. Their songs are practically designed for an appreciative live audience.

Watch the little web episode things if you can. It really endears you to the various characters.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
They're absolutely great! While Opus Eponymous is my favorite album, I like all of them and don't quite get the upset with IMPERA which I think is super fun.

Try to see them live if possible.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaisarion is one of my favorite songs of this year. They put on a great live show.

Gaucho Power

alt account
Banned
Feb 10, 2021
I was really into their music but eventually my interest kinda faded. But He is, Square Hammer, Jigolo Har Megiddo and Body and blood have stayed in most of my playlists and I can listen them over and over again.

I still check out new stuff they put out but the first three albums were really my jam.

edit. also, great live band. I'll go see them every time I have the chance.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I love them. And yes you should see them in concert. It is a amazing show.

I saw them in concert in Detroit for their Rats tour. Got VIP tickets and all. They played like a 4 hour concert just themselves. Absolutely amazing.

Then i saw them again recently in Toledo with Volbeat

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I saw them live back in 2014 at the Fonda Theater here in LA and it was amazing watching them in a small venue, also got a signed
Opus Eponymous vinyl there as well. Seems now they mainly play at huge stadiums. I saw them again in 2018 at the Forum, show was great as well but obviously not as intimate. Overall Opus Eponymous is still my favorite album from them. Fun band.

Yep, saw them 3 times between 2013 and 2014 I believe. It was so much fun being in a small venue with them.

I'm glad they got bigger. Even if I don't enjoy them as much as I used to, it's great to see new people discovering them while they're playing huge shows with even bigger production values.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a weird spot where I like square hammer but nothing else I've heard so far really do it for me

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Great band!

i-like-it-a-lot-jim-carrey.gif

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I like them.

Though to be fair, one of my weaknesses is any sort of cheesy pop metal, so stuff like Ghost, Battle Beast, Beast in Black, Amaranthe, etc, is always fun to listen to.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Yep, saw them 3 times between 2013 and 2014 I believe. It was so much fun being in a small venue with them.

I'm glad they got bigger. Even if I don't enjoy them as much as I used to, it's great to see new people discovering them while they're playing huge shows with even bigger production values.

I think Ghost is one of the few "newer" rock/metal acts that might be able to be a solid headliner for a lot of festivals in the future, especially with the older generation of bands slowly calling it a day, its a fun mix of 70s/80s stuff (with the occasional heavy/doom metal riff) that caters to many people. Downside its still a one-man show of which I'm not the biggest fan.

Last edited:

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Saw them live a couple years ago.

Great live musicians and they create a big spectacle on stage.

Excellent band.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I got to see them before they "got big", when they were touring with Iron Maiden. It was kinda funny listening to people around me complaining how they sucks, and it's not real metal.
I like them, but last two albums are not doing it for me that much. I also like to play their songs on guitar, they are not complicated, but very fun to play.