• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's a completely different story in NYC, but in Texas I couldn't get toilet paper at the usual stores, and heard that Asian supermarkets have barely anyone in them/barely anyone panic buying, so they have tons of it. I tested this theory for myself, sure enough they had plenty, and that was only one Asian supermarket, and a pretty decent sized one at that.

Fortunately we have enough food to last until the next time delivery can come to us. OP I feel for your situation, that's absolutely insane and the opposite of social distancing to have a ton of people wait in line for 6 hours. Fuck that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think can cause it's an essential people get their food.

A cop car did show up to tell people to not stand so close to each other. Should have been the supermarket's responsibility to make sure people keep their distance but I think they're under staff since no one wants to risk their health going to work at a super market.
These are crazy times my friend. It is really not worth getting sick even for groceries.

Even if its not the best quality just get shit delivered and make due with it or go to a less crowded grocery story. Thats just my advice but I wouldn't be taking chances on a single trip to the grocery store. Especially not in NYC or any other major city that is being hit hard by this virus.

OP
OP
Seductivpancakes

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
These are crazy times my friend. It is really not worth getting sick even for groceries.

Even if its not the best quality just get shit delivered and make due with it or go to a less crowded grocery story. Thats just my advice but I wouldn't be taking chances on a single trip to the grocery store. Especially not in NYC or any other major city that is being hit hard by this virus.
Yea you right. I'm making sure this doesn't happen again even if it means pissing my mom off.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
It's hilarious to me. We aren't supposed to be in large crowds yet people have shopped and waited in line in large crowds..Does not compute.

Oct 25, 2017
I just went to Walmart in Florida and its packed with people shopping like its a normal day.
Maybe 30% wearing gloves though, only saw like 4 or 5 masks being worn.

Dumbasses keep squeezing past though like they don't give a damn.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the crazyness has died down in socal a little. i only see lines when stores open but later on in the day they are empty.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Stockholm here.

As usual, going to the store after 8 means there are barely any people inside and everything is available on the shelves.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Went to a Florida supermarket this morning and it was a ghost town. And they had everything in stock except chicken wings and toilet paper.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who lives in Brooklyn, I have no idea why you had to wait in line. Everyone seems to be going to the same stores but there are so many options.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I had to go to Target today in Orlando and it was mostly the same. A lot of the canned/frozen products were out and they decided to have no music at all in the store but I got what I needed and left without any issue.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
In Arizona never waited in line, I just go at normal times. No rice, but since they limited people to 2 items of pretty much everything, I can get meat,bread, eggs, milk

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I live about 5mins south of Cincinnati (Covington, KY) and grocery stores have been generally fine. I did miss the initial rush on products, but every trip in the past few weeks hasn't been too much of a hassle. The main issues are always bread, paper products, anti-bacterial cleaning supplies, meat, produce, and occasionally eggs. I don't think my local Kroger has had toilet paper on the shelves in weeks. I'm just glad the Big Lots down the road had a healthy supply.

Oct 27, 2017
Trader Joe's always has a line going into the parking lot now. Costco has you form a line but it moves quickly and once you're in you can do whatever. One thing people aren't buying much is fish, at costco the pack dates were 4 and 5 days old with hardly any new cuts.

My in-laws give us a few blue eggs from the farmers' market every now and again.

OP
OP
Seductivpancakes

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
God damn šŸ˜§ 6 hours
I hope things don't get that bad in my part of Brooklyn.
It seems to be primarily Chinese runned supermarkets. I have family in Queens, and they confirmed the same thing, but the supermarket they went to had no fresh meats left at all. Either sold out quick, or they're just not getting any from their supplier.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I scheduled a pickup at Kroger today. Earliest slot they had was this upcoming Friday. I'm waiting nearly a week for my groceries just to avoid shopping. Thankfully I have plenty of food to last me, I just have to get creative with my meals. Less lazy stuff, more cooking.

Strange times.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
In Katy TX (Houston in other words) here. Went to Kroger this morning and the only thing they did not have was paper products. Everything else I needed was there. Was out of there pretty fast. Got about a month's supply and I'm hoping that I have to not go back until then. Got my paper products from Amazon.

Shurp

Nov 29, 2017
I'm in Melbourne, Australia and things seem to be stabilizing now, everyone seems to have stocked up, and the item limit restrictions in the supermarkets appear to be helping keep things under control, we even managed to buy some toilet paper the other day.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I have enough food for about 2 weeks I think right now. Going to try and stretch it out until we are on the down turn of the whole thing.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's wild.

I'm in MA, which has been under soft lockdown for a couple weeks now (I've been in soft lockdown since... March 12 I think), and going to the supermarket is still pretty routine. No paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc) and some food items are sold out more than others but for the most part it's stocked pretty similar. They have markers on the floor for where to stand for social distancing.

The trader Joe's near us has a 25 person limit in the store at one time but it's a tiny store

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Grocery store in my Indy suburb was pretty dead this evening. Plenty of eggs, bread, milk, cheese, dry goods, and a reasonable amount of toilet paper. They even had 3lb tubes of 73/27 ground beef which, although fattier than I like, I grabbed two anyway because ground beef is exceedingly uncommon lately. Seems like the panic buying is easing up in my little corner of town.

Ironically the Kroger employees were the worst about observing social distancing but I'm guessing they're all out of "give a fucks" at this point.