• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Normally I don't tip unless I'm eating at the place but this time when I was signing my name after paying, I noticed the receipt had a tip section in it but left it blank. WTF? First time seeing this. Since when people are tipping for to-go food?

Tipping culture in the US is getting borderline ridiculous.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What have you done?

The reality, I'm guessing, is that every receipt they print has that option. Take out or not. Not sure there is an option to turn it off for carry out.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Was it specifically a to-go receipt or was it general and they have a sit down section as well?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
It's the same form if you were to get it delivered, easier than having a different type to sign based on what you're doing. I feel like most places don't expect you to tip for picking up.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you're paying with card pretty much every restaurant has a tip section on the receipt. It's been like that for years and years. If you're picking up just don't tip unless you eat there often and really like the people. I go to a burger place pretty often and tip a couple dollars even when picking up because I respect the place a lot.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Lol at people thinking tipping isn't going to be the main way to make enough money to survive america in the future

Nov 7, 2017
Normally I don't tip on to go orders unless it's a very large order and the server has to take time to put it together.

Oct 25, 2017
This is always an option. I generally only tip on pick-up orders if it's a mom and pop joint or a place I frequent a lot.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only time I ever tip for take-out is the small Chinese place around the corner, because the woman that runs it is funny and awesome and always throws in a free side.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As long as you're ok with someone running their dick all over your next pizza, it will be alright.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've been in this situation at a university Pizza Hut. It felt weird to tip when I was taking it out and I ordered online. Looking back, I guess the tip gets split among the people in the store so I should've compensated the people making it, but the cashier (who it felt like I was tipping) literally just picked up the box and handed it to me since I paid online, so I didn't tip.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can I get a ban request from a mod?

Lol I never tip when I pick up. That's the whole point of picking up.

I felt bad about it like once, but after like the 10th pizza hut receipt with a tip space, I didn't care anymore.

Not that I eat pizza hut anymore, I'm on diet :(

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Almost all restaurants have a spot for a tip. Just put a line through it, they don't expect one it's just the same receipt they use for everything else

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah they are just using a standard receipt. You can tip 0. I usually do. If it's a regular place I tip a dollar or two because otherwise they'll probably hate you.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Only if I've been there for 10 years. Then they're not just a to go place--they're family B.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a pizza to go from Costco and there was no line on the receipt to leave a tip but everyone at Costco is paid a living wage so it's cool.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
picking up togo orders at a place = no tip. getting food delivered to you = tip that motherfucker.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
When I see a plastic jar with a piece of tape, yellow from age, on it, labelled "Tips" by the cash register at a restaurant I just want to put rancid hot dogs in it. You're working the register and likely get a lot less traffic than places like McDonald's that aren't hassling their customers by pan handling. Tips are for servers.