• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I did it!! It was an extensive process since November with 1 week courses and interview, it's a internship in a information security company that works extremely close with Firewall security Checkpoint.

I'm so happy, after countless of jobs interviews going wrong, I finally made it, and to a good company that through the 1 week course I managed to peek around in how it works and from what I've gathered a really healthy workplace with opportunity to grow.

I finally made it! And I can't believe it, holy shit. I'm also going out drinking tonight and I fear for myself lol.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats! As someone who's going to an interview tomorrow I'm glad you're out of the loop!

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Spend your first paycheck on something cool for you, if you can afford it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Grats!

There's no such thing as job interviews gone wrong though, you're pouring every bit of energy and effort in to them and doing your best. It's them messing up.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grats!

There's no such thing as job interviews gone wrong though, you're pouring every bit of energy and effort in to them and doing your best. It's them messing up.
Thank you! Also I'm glad of the jobs interviews that didn't panned out, I got lot of experiences of do and don't in an interview thanks to them.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Congrats!

giphy.gif

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice, congrats!!

Oh, a word of advice: Don't get up and leave after 2 hours on your first day if there isn't anything to do.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Congats! Way to stay determined and not give up even with rejection! Job interviews suck but that one great company will always find you!

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Congrats! Now provide a screenshot of the offer letter. Please don't do this. : )

I got the offer for my first professional job right around college graduation, and the salary call the day of graduation in the middle of celebrating with my family over lunch. It was a grueling 8 month process, but it worked out!

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congats! Way to stay determined and not give up even with rejection! Job interviews suck but that one great company will always find you!
Yes! It's really heartbreaking to not get past an job interview, but this company did the process pretty different from my past experiences. Instead of starting off with the interview, they started straight into the 1 week course with certificates all for free to see how each candidate would solve problems and work in a normal day at the company, then after that they did the interview. I felt like this was really good, you can't measure much out of someone's capacity just through a interview at first. That was a flag for me that this company is functional and good/healthy with it's employees.

Congrats! Now provide a screenshot of the offer letter. Please don't do this. : )

I got the offer for my first professional job right around college graduation, and the salary call the day of graduation in the middle of celebrating with my family over lunch. It was a grueling 8 month process, but it worked out!
8 months? Wow that's insane, I thought mine that was 3 months was a long process. Damn.

Thanks again everyone!

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
8 months? Wow that's insane, I thought mine that was 3 months was a long process. Damn.

Thanks again everyone!

Yep, roughly over the course of March - December 2014.

A recruiter was in contact with me from March 2014 - August 2014 about getting me into a "college hiring event" for the company I was applying for, and then she ghosted me. The following month I go to my college's career fair, go to that company's booth (and others) and hand them my resume. The lady there was the same recruiter who I was speaking to for months. She "recognizes" my resume, and sets me up with an interview the next day. A few weeks later, a college hiring event, the next month another interview at a different location within the company, and a few weeks later the offer letter.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you! Also I'm glad of the jobs interviews that didn't panned out, I got lot of experiences of do and don't in an interview thanks to them.

I spent 10 years doing job interviews and I lost count how many turned me down and how many written job applications just got replied with a standard text but after every interview you get get time to reflect and change a bit.

It took me a while to change the way I went to them, instead of going there really wanting that job and pleasing them as much as possible, I saw them more as just a talk with the folks there and see if I like what I saw there.

The job might look good on paper but the people, the place itself might not fit you, after a while I went to job interview relaxed and see if things clicked which in most cases are known the moment you step in to the building and the people greeting you. The best thing you can do is just be you

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! A bit of working advice for the new year: if you ever find yourself bored at your job (it can happen from time to time), never say it out loud. Remain visibly curious about the work and what the next steps might be. You will find out in due course if it is just a small phase, or truly time to move on. Wishing you all the best!

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
new year new job good stuff op.

protip: if it's slow on your first day don't complain and quit your job.

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats OP!
My simple advice for first job, never say you can't do something, even if you know it's impossible as soon as it comes out of someone's mouth. At worst, say you'll look into then follow up later to say you can't. Makes people feel better

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
OP. Remember this moment....whenever you feel down, dont let that negative thought linger and remember where you were a year ago. I was jobless for 8+ years and finally got a job that I'm still working. There are some bad days but always having perspective helps you be a good ass worker. Be aware of "the game" in regards to office politics

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Congrats! As someone who is trying (and failing) to get their first job in the same field, would you mind if I asked what type of courses did you take?

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! As someone who is trying (and failing) to get their first job in the same field, would you mind if I asked what type of courses did you take?
The courses that the company gave to us was Basics in Information Security, Basics in Computer Networking, and the main course was Check Point Cyber Security Administrator

Wish you the best!

Welcome to capitalism OP.

Can't wait to be a part of the proletariat