• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Noticed this the other day looking up the RE classics. Must've been a quiet change, since it really didn't make sense to get rid of it.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Ya its been known since the change. Never actually went away in North America and was only gone for a few weeks in other regions. You can find links to most regional store here:

How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

UPDATE: Sony just shut access to the legacy web store, in any shape or form. It’s over, folks. Time to lock the thread again. R.I.P. Legacy PS S...

It's the ?smcid=psapp or &smcid=psapp on the end of the url that does it.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
This is heat. Thanks OP.

Can't believe the new PSN Store doesn't tell you the size of games like the old one. SMH.

amplituhedr0n

Oct 28, 2017
This actually makes life a lot easier. The new storefront contains almost no information about what you're buying! Thanks OP!

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Ahem.

delistedgames.com

Find Your PlayStation Content on a PC

In late October 2020 Sony updated the PlayStation Store website in preparation for the launch of PlayStation 5. This severely limited the functionality of the store.playstation.com website and remo…

This has been working since the new store update. Also works in the EU reportedly now. It stopped working in Dec., but reports say it's back up.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I assume it has to exist because certain games integrate store links and whatnot directly.

I remember that on the PS3, I used to use some exploit to get to the old store by going into a game and using their in-game store link, which brought me an old version of the PS3 store, rather than the new HTML based one (which always crashed my PS3). I wouldn't be surprised if that old PS3 store still exists too.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Problem is the old store's deals button doesn't work anymore, doesn't display anything current, I have to rely on that one dudes threads on this site to know whats on sale in a organized fashion :(

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it was Sony plan all along make current store so terrible that people will ask for old store to return

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Been using it since the new store.

Not sure if its updating game listings, but I just can't get used to having no filter options.
:/

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Any PS1 Classics that DONT show up on the vita store that I should grab? I know there are some...

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike the bright white background on this new PS Store. The old one, with dark/grey background is better.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Any PS1 Classics that DONT show up on the vita store that I should grab? I know there are some...

You can ask that question here. You can also ask that question in the Vita thread. While we can't link back to NeoGaf you can check out a thread on that site called "Vita PSN Store Classics (PSP/PS1/Minis/TG-16) - The US definitive list". You'll see a section on the list of games not accessible on Vita store. I don't think it's up to date, but it's a nice reference.

Last edited:

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Ya its been known since the change. Never actually went away in North America and was only gone for a few weeks in other regions. You can find links to most regional store here:

How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

UPDATE: Sony just shut access to the legacy web store, in any shape or form. It’s over, folks. Time to lock the thread again. R.I.P. Legacy PS S...

It's the ?smcid=psapp or &smcid=psapp on the end of the url that does it.
Whoa thanks I didn't know they brought it back to PAL regions after the removal.

Old store shut down

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't work anymore.

It worked just yesterday. This morning, I'm getting redirected to the new store.

Fuck the new store. Not only can you not buy PS3/PSP stuff on it, but there's even PS4 content that's not possible to buy. Take a look at these five PS4 items:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Shinra Bangle

A sleek bangle engraved with the Shinra company logo.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Superstar Belt

A belt declaring ones status as a superstar.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Mako Crystal

A beautiful crystal imbued with mako.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Midgar Bangle

A bangle designed in the image of the great city of Midgar.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Corneo's Armlet

A tacky bangle bearing the Dons mark.

Some weeks ago, only two of these items were displaying the purchase/add-to-cart button; three of them didn't have any button at all. I thought this was weird, because I had never seen these items before, having stopped playing FF7 before they were added to the store. So I checked the old store using the "?smcid=psapp" suffix in the url, and all five of them were purchaseable like normal. I did so, and all five items were added to my download list / purchase history, again, just like normal.

So my question is: how many PS4 items, like these ones, are not purchaseable by customers? This is just one more thing added to this clusterfuck of a new store.

I'd like to know who else can't buy some of these aforeposted items. Was I the only one? I'm curious.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I was about to post about this as well. It's also stopped working here (PAL region).

With the new store there are times where I can't buy games, or games plain just don't show up in my search (but they showed up on the old store??).

I will never not hate the direction Sony has taken with their legacy content/the PS Store.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Well...era was complaining Sony didn't answer to these rumors. Now they have.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to post about this as well. It's also stopped working here (PAL region).

With the new store there are times where I can't buy games, or games plain just don't show up in my search (but they showed up on the old store??).

I will never not hate the direction Sony has taken with their legacy content/the PS Store.
Well...era was complaining Sony didn't answer to these rumors. Now they have.
Could I ask both of you to check the five items linked to in my previous post, and tell me if any of them do not display the purchase/add-to-cart button? (if you haven't purchased them already). I'm really curious if I was the only one to whom this was happening.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed this morning I couldn't get to the old PlayStation store on my phone. I can't purchase games directly from my PlayStation 3 for some reason, this was the only way for me to purchase new PS3 games and DLC. Welp. Guess I should have purchased the folklore DLC a few days ago.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Could I ask both of you to check the five items linked to in my previous post, and tell me if any of them do not display the purchase/add-to-cart button? (if you haven't purchased them already). I'm really curious if I was the only one to whom this was happening.

I can. They are all free items and I got a button to add to library. But I'm on mobile and it took like 6 seconds for the button and the "free item" text to load. The rest loaded really fast
I'm using Chrome btw.

Wait a few more seconds and it'll show...I think?

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I get this message through the link you sent (after clicking the button): "Something went wrong. Try again later.", but again, my account's a PAL account. I searched for the same DLC in my regiou and adding it to my library worked fine. Might be a regional issue with you? Or maybe try using a different browser.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can. They are all free items and I got a button to add to library. But I'm on mobile and it took like 6 seconds for the button and the "free item" text to load. The rest loaded really fast
I'm using Chrome btw.

Wait a few more seconds and it'll show...I think?
I get this message through the link you sent: "Something went wrong. Try again later.", but again, my account's a PAL account. I searched for the same DLC in my regiou and adding it to my library worked fine. Might be a regional issue with you?
Weird. I'm on Firefox. I even left the pages open for a while to make sure every asset had been loaded. I don't remember if I tried a different browser.

Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring issue for me.

Thank you

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Weird. I'm on Firefox. I even left the pages open for a while to make sure every asset had been loaded. I don't remember if I tried a different browser.

Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring issue for me.

Thank you

Download the app. It's so much better to use than the browser.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been able to purchase stuff on the PS3 store for a while now. With this link not rerouting you to the old store I guess no one can buy PS3 games anymore? I suppose you still can buy some classics through the Vita, but the PS2 stuff for instance should be completely inaccessible now.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I haven't been able to purchase stuff on the PS3 store for a while now. With this link not rerouting you to the old store I guess no one can buy PS3 games anymore? I suppose you still can buy some classics through the Vita, but the PS2 stuff for instance should be completely inaccessible now.

You can buy stuff on the PS3 store, but only on the console itself. The thing is, the buy button has been missing for a while, but it's actually still there. When your on a game page, click x, and the game will add to cart, and you can then check out or continue shopping. I just bought four games yesterday (after the store crashed on me).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can buy stuff on the PS3 store, but only on the console itself. The thing is, the buy button has been missing for a while, but it's actually still there. When your on a game page, click x, and the game will add to cart, and you can then check out or continue shopping. I just bought four games yesterday (after the store crashed on me).
Dang, gonna test it out right now lol

Wow, thanks, it really works.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, I was still using the download list there for a few things. Though even that got a bit useless recently since I resubbed to Plus and thus my entire Plus download history got shuffled to the top, because that's a thing that happens and Sony hasn't figured out how to filter lists during the last decade or so.

(Seriously, one of the things I've kept thinking while using the various versions of the PS Store over the years was that the original designers of the thing must have assumed nobody would own more than 50-100 items, ever. And at PS3 launch digital was still a new and rare thing, so I guess that was an okay stance for like a year or two. Then it wasn't.)