• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
The Season 5 and the second half of Season 7 are some of the best television I have ever seen to this day. The amount of tension was insane.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best series ever. I really need to watch it again with adult eyes, I'm pretty sure I was like 11 or 12 when I started it lol

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't remember Co-Pilot breaking the continuity of the show, can you elaborate a little? I think i'm forgetting some points

Breaks might be too strong a word, so like I said, undermines it. It basically has Vic only being in the area for like a little over a year before the pilot, and that's when he met the majority of the cast too. One of the big appeals to me of the show was the lived in nature of the show.

It does break "canon" in a few ways, namely that Julien is in the episode when he's still a newbie rookie in the pilot, and that Aceveda appears to have been in charge of the Barn from the start, rather than the new guy that transfered in recently.

Oct 25, 2017
Also the theme song is absolute trash and the yell following cold opens was jarring and near the end of the series completely fucking inappropriate.

*intimate scene between Shane and family*

DADADADADAYEEEAAAHHHHH
The-Shield.jpg

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Breaks might be too strong a word, so like I said, undermines it. It basically has Vic only being in the area for like a little over a year before the pilot, and that's when he met the majority of the cast too. One of the big appeals to me of the show was the lived in nature of the show.

It does break "canon" in a few ways, namely that Julien is in the episode when he's still a newbie rookie in the pilot, and that Aceveda appears to have been in charge of the Barn from the start, rather than the new guy that transfered in recently.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, i think you're right

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Also people feeling sorry for Ronnie should remember he was the only member of the team who was a stone cold sociopath, never shown any remorse or conflict, and was in it purely for the money. His issue with Shane killing Lem, for example, was that they didn't decide it as a team.

Oct 25, 2017
Also people feeling sorry for Ronnie should remember he was the only member of the team who was a stone cold sociopath, never shown any remorse or conflict, and was in it purely for the money. His issue with Shane killing Lem, for example, was that they didn't decide it as a team.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ronnie was completely undeveloped up until Lem was killed when things really started to turn. It felt like they plotted out the rest of the series, knowing how it would end, and decided at that moment Ronnie would get fucked so let's make him unsympathetic.

Also Ronnie basically got Lem's portion of dialogue and screen time. That character did not really exist before then - maybe because they weren't confident in the actor

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ronnie was completely undeveloped up until Lem was killed when things really started to turn. It felt like they plotted out the rest of the series, knowing how it would end, and decided at that moment Ronnie would get fucked so let's make him unsympathetic.

Also Ronnie basically got Lem's portion of dialogue and screen time. That character did not really exist before then - maybe because they weren't confident in the actor

He didn't get much screen time and almost nothing in the way of personality, that's true. But I've always felt like that was intentional, like they wanted to paint him as this obedient foot soldier who just goes along with all that shit because he doesn't have much of a conscience and is okay with doing all that for money.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I was at Subway yesterday and heard a song that sounded like this and it reminded me of the perfect season 1 finale.

The first time I saw the S1 Finale I was honestly disappointed and thought the tone wasn't right. I'm happy to say I was dead wrong.

That season finale was perfect. Perfect foreshadowing for the series finale. The season finale is showing that everything Mackey's done LITERALLY hurts his HEART. Then he goes back out into the streets....it's perfect.

I love this show so damn much.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think The Shield is probably the most perfectly paced and plotted shows, at least out of all the ones that went beyond 5 seasons. After 4-5 years most programs are really just either treading water or rushing towards an ending.