• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing job dude, It took me a while as well.

The game does get harder but it's not Impossible

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Felt so good I just beat him a week ago too

Now I'm stuck on Blood-Starved Beast. Well I know I can beat him I've gotten him to a quarter health before but sick of grinding for bullets/vials rn

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations! (⌒▽⌒)

The game is truly amazing and you'll enjoy what awaits beyond the padre!

Oct 27, 2017
Every single time you think you're struggling or hit a wall with the game, there's another one of these elated moments waiting for you at the other side. Just remember that.

I finished Bloodborne for the first time on Sunday. Was my third attempt at playing the game - but only the first time I'd ever got any further than Cathedral Ward. I completed Dark Souls for the first time last year too under similar circumstances, having always got stuck at Annor Londo previously.

It's an absolutely glorious game and you're in for a treat. Keep going.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome! Congrats! I remember the first time I fought him it took me hours to finally beat him. Now I can school him in less than 3 minutes, and that includes his intro cutscene setting up the fight. Lol. I think I actually uploaded that video to YouTube. XD

It's the fight that really trains you for what's to come, as well as the fight designed to teach you the parry system.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this again myself. I got pretty far into it before dropping it (no real reason, just started something else and got side tracked). This guy went down pretty easy, but man Blood Starved Beast is a total bitch. Took much longer then I care to admit.

Anyhow, amazing game. Love how it just drops the pretense of "tanky" builds from other souls games.

Deleted member 56841

User requested account closure
Banned
May 18, 2019
Yeah, I've been playing Bloodbourne off and on for four years now, I've never gotten past Gascoigne. I'm too dumb for this game.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Begun the paleblood hunt has. Welcome to the fold of arguably the best game of the last 20 years.

What is amazing is you will go back to him in 60 hours on ng+ or a second character and streamroll him. He's actually quite easy once you've internalized the games mechanics.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gascoigne is your skill check for BB especially on gun parry, the road will get bumpy but do know that you'll eventually defeat anything as long as you try and try again. Welcome to the 2nd best game of this generation, despair and enjoy hunter

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've been playing Bloodbourne off and on for four years now, I've never gotten past Gascoigne. I'm too dumb for this game.

I would try to get a cooperator, no shame in that. Or ring the NPC hunter bell for help. It's worth using assistance to move past Gascoigne if the only other option is not taking this game into your veins.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Gasc was that he was a pretty mean boss for people not familiar with the other souls games. The entire tutorial of Bloodborne is the worst out of all the soulsborne games.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hated bloodborne at first and nearly quit the game and this was only a couple of months after beating dark souls and all dlc. The onboarding in bloodborne is awful! I accidentally figured out how to coop and got past father g and the game finally started to click and I got some levels. It's now my favorite game of all time. Coop until you get a feel for the dodge and parry mechanics. Coop is in the game for a reason. Once it clicks you'll find a boss like father g is actually super easy. The party and dodge window are so large on him he's a cake walk, but you have to internalize the mechanics first and that takes time and just grinding the opening section and dying to him over and over isn't fun.

misterb2001

Oct 28, 2017
Father G was what made me give up last year. Started all over again a few weeks back, totally amped myself up when I got back to Father G and.....it was a walk in the park.

Enjoy the ride

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Important thing here is that Gascoigne is the skill check for the rest of the game, if you can bear him you can beat everyone else

Some are harder some are easier but if you can take Gascoigne you have the vocabulary to take anyone

Except for that fucking immobile spider bastard

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh the GOAT and GOTG.

Loved this game. Felt so good to beat it back then. Was my first and only sekisoulsborne game.

Loved brokengameszd play through of this.

Feb 15, 2018
I think my opinion on the game was somewhat tarnished by beating Father Gascogine on my first attempt. I struggled massively on numerous bosses after that, but all the praise i had heard afterwards that Father Gascoigne teaches you all you need to know about spacing, mechanics etc was somewhat lost on me, as i had just button mashed my way to victory. I diddnt even know about the music box, which i understand makes life easier.
I'm sure if i tried again i would dies 100 times, which goes against the typical stance of breezing through all the bits you had previously struggled on.
Good game though, great even.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
He and the final boss are the hardest ones of the main game. Since you could beat him you should have no trouble completing the game.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Coincidentally I just beat him a couple days ago, too! I'm playing Bloodborne for the first time after really enjoying Sekiro earlier in the year (never played any other From Software games), and I'm... well, enjoying most of it. I'm definitely not a fan of this Blood Vials system, and the long runs from Lamp to boss are really grating on me compared to Sekiro, but when I'm not trapped in the loop of spending a minute running to the boss and then dying immediately I can definitely see why people love it so much.

I just beat Vicar Amelia, so I'm exploring the area unlocked after her fight, and I think I still have a bunch to do in Old Yarnham that I might go back and clear up, too (I got around behind a certain fellow on a certain rooftop, but I haven't gone any further).

OP
OP
SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Update: I finally made my way to Vicar Amelia, and tried 5 times got annihilated. A couple times I had an NPC Hunter with me (rang the bell) but he got killed too before I could get close to finishing that raging bitch. At least now I have the gate opened to make the run to Amelia shorter.

I can't seem to get out of the way fast enough to avoid her swipes, even though I'm trying to stay behind her.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Update: I finally made my way to Vicar Amelia, and tried 5 times got annihilated. A couple times I had an NPC Hunter with me (rang the bell) but he got killed too before I could get close to finishing that raging bitch. At least now I have the gate opened to make the run to Amelia shorter.

I can't seem to get out of the way fast enough to avoid her swipes, even though I'm trying to stay behind her.

Vicar Amelia gave me the most trouble of all the bosses. I don't know why, but my combat style never was good against her.

Some people say that you must keep on the offensive, and that way the battle is easier. Use Numbing (?) Mist to cancel her healing phase too