• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
And now I'm in the Cathedral Ward. This is furthest I've ever progressed in Bloodborne.

I'm ashamed about how many tries it took me to beat Father Gascoigne, that god damn motherfucker. Although I've only been trying for 2 days.

I did what I thought was a shortcut (elevator) but still it was long run to the boss each time I tried (but it was easy).

I have no idea what I'm in for.

BTW, I have never ever gotten to any of the DLCs in any of the Soulsborne games, and I own them all (except original DS2, I have SoTFS).

Robsolete

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most beautiful things about Bloodborne is just how perfectly that fight prepares you for everything that is to come. Congrats mate, hang in there, it's totally worth it.

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Feels good don't it? The game is gonna start to really go places from here on, so stick with it! And remember, every death is a lesson! Anyway enjoy game of the generation tbh

BGaun

Mar 17, 2019
Hope you stick with it, this game is amazing, soulsborne games can be kind of hard to stick with sometimes but it's worth it I assure you. The DLC alone is worth sticking around for, one of my favorite bosses from soulsborne games is in the DLC.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I felt like I beat the game when I finally did that. I struggled shortly after that and never returned to the game. But yeah that was a great moment.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Father G will prepare you for the rest of the game. He's a skill check.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Heh i remember i was having a hard time beating him , but after many tries discovered you could make the weapon larger and he went down easily

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
You are a better man than I. I tried for days on that until I just couldn't take it anymore and quit.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made it to some creepy forest with snake things hiding in the weeds. Never found the boss. Gave up playing over a year ago. Godspeed op. Hopefully you make it further than ne

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice work OP! Honestly dont worry about how many tries it takes you. Almost everyone has bosses like that in video games no shame.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I made it to some creepy forest with snake things hiding in the weeds. Never found the boss. Gave up playing over a year ago. Godspeed op. Hopefully you make it further than ne
The worse area in Bloodborne. Just a horrible momentum killer. I have memorized by now from replays, but hate going through it.

Miyazaki loves his meandering zones.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations - the game didn't really hook me until right after that, but once I got hooked (earlier this year), it was a wild ride.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Congratulations, I listen to his theme every now and then. Was a fun fight but no doubt it was super tough early on when you're still new in this world. Game gets tougher for sure so good luck.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
It's such a good feeling. He was tough, but it definitely felt good mastering that fight. Definitely stick with it, Bloodborne is the funnest Souls game (imo).

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Well done. Not Boeing able to upgrade for ages nearly put me off

As someone who isn't a souls expert here's my tip, use the iponline stuff to get people to harp you with bosses

It's how I got to the end without hating it

SRO7

Nov 30, 2017
Make sure to check the DLC if you ever decided to stick with the game. It's probably the best piece of content From has ever done.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Good Job! I thought he was very difficult too the first time I fought him, but he does a great job showing you how to parry.

There are a few bosses that I feel are harder, but keep it up! the game just keeps getting better and better.

Shadows of Yharnam was extremely stressful, as I felt like I couldn't stop moving or rolling for a second.

Martyr Logarious was the boss that I died at the most. Took me a few days to beat.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations - the game didn't really hook me until right after that, but once I got hooked (earlier this year), it was a wild ride.
Was fun to see you getting into it more and more. And also all the people on here getting angry at you saying you didn't have fun with any other game for a while after finishing BB haha.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Father Gascoigne fight is actual legit too good along with the side quest you can do with it too
7227.jpg

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats.

Let us cleanse these foul streets.

Now onto your DLC line, don't worry about the DLC until you're about to wrap up the game. It's hard. Just make sure you talk to everybody. If you see a door or a window with a little incense burner nearby check it out, there might be someone inside you can talk to.

Have fun and explore.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
It's so strange that Bloodborne kicked my ass all over the place but the Father Gascoine fight was one of the easiest fights for me. I must have just been lucky and very likely over leveled. I still haven't beat the game and likely never will. It's a shame because few games have hooked me like Bloodborne did.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats - he's as tough as the toughest bosses. Once you get to the areas where you can grind more easily than the starting area, you can make the game a bit easier for yourself if you want/need to.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing sometime after him, just wasn't feeling it.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats.
Best of luck for the rest of the game. Its gonna be a wild ride.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I felt so good after beating him too. The next boss I think was the one that gave me the most problems but after figuring it out, I was hooked. Played nothing else until I finished the game. I really need to fire up that dlc and beat it. Lousy backlog!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ah, welcome to the best game this gen, or second best anyway since God of War was released.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
No one... Fights like Gascoigne, No one bites like Gascoigne, No one spams you with shotgun and axe like Gascoigne. Though hes anything more than orrrdinarrry Oh what a guy that Gascoigne.