• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Used the build and settings in that vid's description.

Made it all the way through without any of the usual cheesing, glitches, or compromises that are the norm for unstable emulated games. It does have long load times, minor banding on the shadows, and crashes on loading screens once VRAM fills up (once every 20 mins for me). But when it's running, it runs great.

I would still recommend checking out PSNOW and its free trial for most PC owners. Either way I'm going to be limited to 720p for playing PS3 games. Only thing that's stopping me is that I don't want to buy a DS3 controller to add to the pile of peripherals surrounding my computer.

I really like the live battlefield nature of the first act. You have the loose rabble charging forward in the form of rebels, and then the smaller fire-teams that embed themselves in cover for PMCs. Shame they couldn't have made the whole game like that. Controls are so much better compared to past games. It no longer relies on the pressure-sensitive face buttons so any controller will do. Codec convos are rather sparse, for better or worse.

Haze is another game that runs well. I managed to complete the whole thing.

I know it's not a classic but it's still a gen-u-ine console exclusive with all the bells and whistles.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
What specs do you have? I've currently got a Ryzen 2700X, GTX 1080 and 32GB of DDR4 RAM.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
MGS4 is such a good game and I'm happy to hear that its finally playable on PC in high res.
Hopefully it'll get to be playable at 60fps throughout at some point.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England

Used the build and settings in that vid's description.

Made it all the way through without any of the usual cheesing, glitches, or compromises that are the norm for unstable emulated games. It does have long load times, minor banding on the shadows, and crashes on loading screens once VRAM fills up (once every 20 mins for me). But when it's running, it runs great.

I would still recommend checking out PSNOW and its free trial for most PC owners. Either way I'm going to be limited to 720p for playing PS3 games. Only thing that's stopping me is that I don't want to buy a DS3 controller to add to the pile of peripherals surrounding my computer.

I really like the live battlefield nature of the first act. You have the loose rabble charging forward in the form of rebels, and then the smaller fire-teams that embed themselves in cover for PMCs. Shame they couldn't have made the whole game like that. Controls are so much better compared to past games. It no longer relies on the pressure-sensitive face buttons so any controller will do. Codec convos are rather sparse, for better or worse.

Haze is another game that runs well. I managed to complete the whole thing.

I know it's not a classic but it's still a gen-u-ine console exclusive with all the bells and whistles.

You don't need to. A ds4 works

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like only a month ago we were at the "Well, it finally boots at least" stage. That gameplay is looking pretty darn polished. Amazing.