• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
If you're hyped about Halo Infinite next year then MCC is a must. I don't think the ODST DLC is free though and I don't think Reach DLC will be either but it's the definitive Halo game for fans of the series and would highly recommend it. You'll find yourself constantly swapping between the remastered and the original graphics a lot which is kinda funny but it's amazing how they managed to implement such an instantaneous change between the two. For all the criticism it got regarding optimisation it's still a fantastic game IMO and it's a highlight of a rather mediocre early gen Xbox 1st party lineup. I honestly can't wait for it to drop on PC the private matches will be insane! Hopefully there's crossplay too because I'd love to play with some folks from here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest - the best way to answer the question is if you post about games you like. IMHO there is something for everyone on gamepass* at the moment...so really just pick stuff that you like and go with it.

With sunset overdrive - its a great/amazing game but a bit different to a lot of stuff. Expect to spend most of your time/concentration on movement and hitting combos, actually shooting a things is very much secondary. Play a couple of hours and unlock airdash, then you can really get around the world very happily.

*edit unless you want to be pedantic and say you only like playing Sony first party blockbusters.

This page has the full list - just click on "console games" to filter it down to One X, and then near the bottom choose the "200 games per page".

www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

Then scroll like mad and just roll around like Scrooge McDuck in the ridiculous amount of games you can play :-)

giphy.gif

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
get game pass, you can max out 3 years of ultimate for SUPER cheap with some tricks and you are set. some examples

- you can buy 2 years of gold at costco for i think $100, that'll convert to 2 years of ultimate on first conversion
- you can get $5 chalupas boxes at taco bell, each comes with a 2 week code but if you turn on (and off after) auto renew itll add 4 weeks so thats 6 weeks of ultimate for $5 plus some disgusting taco bell food
- there are special branded gears of war 5 rockstar energy drinks that give you like 2-4 weeks of gamepass when you redeem them, not sure how many you can do

there are probably more things like that, i've seen gears branded snacks and junk food at stores and i'm sure they have game pass stuff too. Just getting up to 3 years is really cheap now compared to MSRP ($15/mo).

The number of great games on game pass is staggering like outer worlds, all the gears, halos, sea of thieves, Forza Horizon 4 and the earlier forzas, and a ton of third party games too

you shoulda gone for the X gears SE though, its the same price and looks crazy awesome. I actually swapped my scorpio X launch edition last week at gamestop for this version, they gave me $300 TC for my scorpio and I paid $399 for the gears model so $100 to swap, not bad at all to refresh the warranty on a 2 year old console

6361004cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

It comes with a special controller, the top is double layered so it looks like the skull is "under" ice and cracks, and it makes a different sound on startup/shutdown - lightning - than normal Xs. Been running out of stock a lot though.
I kinda wanna do this, just to refresh my One X. Doesn't look bad, either.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Game Pass is something that sells consoles, it will be something that will grow even more the next generation.

AndrewDean84

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I was in Gamestop and the girl working pointed out that I had a ridiculous amount of credit saved up. So I decided to buy a One X. Fuck it. Treat yo self right? What are the must haves for this console?
How are you liking your X?

I just got one myself this weekend. It's crazy how much better it runs than the PS4 Pro, in terms of the store loading up, and game downloads.

I had a launch Xbox one, and that OS was dog shit slow.

The Pro is like a gamble, on if I try to launch the store and it loads forever. No issue like that on the X.

I started with The Outer Worlds and Gears 5. Gears 5 is fucking insane to look at and play. Probably the single most impressive game this generation. Those visuals and at that frame rate, holy cow!

The Outer Worlds, has a great clean image, but suffers from a ton of pop in and weird lighting when loading into a different area. Fun game, great writing.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
How are you liking your X?

I just got one myself this weekend. It's crazy how much better it runs than the PS4 Pro, in terms of the store loading up, and game downloads.

I had a launch Xbox one, and that OS was dog shit slow.

The Pro is like a gamble, on if I try to launch the store and it loads forever. No issue like that on the X.

I started with The Outer Worlds and Gears 5. Gears 5 is fucking insane to look at and play. Probably the single most impressive game this generation. Those visuals and at that frame rate, holy cow!

The Outer Worlds, has a great clean image, but suffers from a ton of pop in and weird lighting when loading into a different area. Fun game, great writing.

I really like it. It's the only console I've played games on since I purchased it.

While I am not a big fan of the Xbox UI, it is so much faster than the PS4 Pro UI, as you mentioned. I am surprised by how good some of these games look in 4K - they look almost as good or just as good as games on my beefy gaming PC (though I only run games at 1440p on it).

I have played around eight games so far thanks to Game Pass Ultimate (thanks for the advice in this thread, I upgraded to a year for $1), ping ponging amongst them. I too am playing Gears 5 and loving it. I just downloaded Shadow of Mordor so I am going to work that in as well.

Oh, and it's a great 4K Bluray player. I watched my 4K copy of Blade Runner 2049 again last night and everything just popped.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
subnautica is one of the best games I played in the last years. Sadly the performance is ehh, but it's the only negative I can think of

AndrewDean84

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I just linked my pc game pass to my free trial I received with my new X, and now I have Ultimate until October of 2020. I had to pay $1 though.

Dec 16, 2017
I absolutely love Just Cause 4 with game pass. I probably play it at 20 minutes at a time, but it fills my desire for chaos and destruction.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Outer Wilds
The Outer Worlds
Ori
Gears 5
Forza Horizon 4
Metro Exodus
What remains of Edith Finch
Doom
The Gardens Between
Afterparty

Man there is so much I could go on forever. Enjoy

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, OP!

I recommend trying Void Bastards out. It's a fun game that I liked playing when I had like 20 free minutes to do a run, but at the same time got sucked into playing it for way too long lol.

Oh wow, Panzer Dragoon Orta's on Game Pass?
So is Bloodstained? (actually, I think I knew that one...)

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually having a great time with Dead by Daylight (Game Pass). This is not my kind of game at all, but the easy-to-learn mechanics, perks, and fast loop make for intense and scarily hilarious gameplay. I haven't even tried playing as one of the killers yet... I get a bigger rush co-op with other survivors.