• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was in Gamestop and the girl working pointed out that I had a ridiculous amount of credit saved up. So I decided to buy a One X. Fuck it. Treat yo self right? What are the must haves for this console?

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
The Outer Worlds

There's several games currently available on GP that you can get into right away actually. I'd also recommend Gears 5 and DMC 5, off the top of my head.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Monster Hunter World is on there. Give it a go!

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Halo Wars 2. I had a ton of fun with this game and feel like it's one of the more underrated titles on Xbox. It is an rts, so it's not up everyone's alley, but it hit all the right notes for me.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can just go into gamepass and scroll down to see what you like, only issue might be a data cap you have.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My new baby, about to replace the One S in the entertainment center

dsnUMoM.jpg

Yea I could have gotten the latest NBA game but I wanted a black console. They had slim pickins

MovieFlask

Nov 1, 2019
Maryland
The Outer Worlds - RPG
DMCV/Gears 5 - 3rd Person Action
Ori and the Blind Forest/Bloodstained/Hollow Knight/Dead Cells - Action Platformer
Forza Horizon 4 - Racing
Slay the Spire - Card Drafting
Sea of Thieves - If you have a Multiplayer Group

Doesn't get much mention, but Just Cause 4 is a fun sandbox to play around in.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
The Outer Wilds is available on Game Pass, you're best going into it as blind as possible. It's a space exploration/adventure game and really great.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2.
Witness the best looking game of this generation.

Gears 5 and Forza Horizon are a must play.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If Old Man's Journey and The Gardens Between are still in Game Pass, I'd recommend giving both of them a try. Both are short (1-2 hours) and fairly charming titles.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
get game pass, you can max out 3 years of ultimate for SUPER cheap with some tricks and you are set. some examples

- you can buy 2 years of gold at costco for i think $100, that'll convert to 2 years of ultimate on first conversion
- you can get $5 chalupas boxes at taco bell, each comes with a 2 week code but if you turn on (and off after) auto renew itll add 4 weeks so thats 6 weeks of ultimate for $5 plus some disgusting taco bell food
- there are special branded gears of war 5 rockstar energy drinks that give you like 2-4 weeks of gamepass when you redeem them, not sure how many you can do

there are probably more things like that, i've seen gears branded snacks and junk food at stores and i'm sure they have game pass stuff too. Just getting up to 3 years is really cheap now compared to MSRP ($15/mo).

The number of great games on game pass is staggering like outer worlds, all the gears, halos, sea of thieves, Forza Horizon 4 and the earlier forzas, and a ton of third party games too

you shoulda gone for the X gears SE though, its the same price and looks crazy awesome. I actually swapped my scorpio X launch edition last week at gamestop for this version, they gave me $300 TC for my scorpio and I paid $399 for the gears model so $100 to swap, not bad at all to refresh the warranty on a 2 year old console

6361004cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

It comes with a special controller, the top is double layered so it looks like the skull is "under" ice and cracks, and it makes a different sound on startup/shutdown - lightning - than normal Xs. Been running out of stock a lot though.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2

Both are not on gamepass, but Read Dead Redemption 1 is Xbox one X enhanced and boosts the game's resolution to 4K (if you have a capable tv) and if you happen to have a physical copy of the game laying around. You can buy the game also but seems like that isn't your intention with wanting to play what's on gamepass.

Resident Evil 4 unless you've been under a rock or something and never played it.

World War Z

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Is Sea of Thieves worth a solo play? I can only play solo due to time and interruption issue.

Feb 15, 2018
Congrats OP. 1X with Gamepass Ultimate means you will never be bored. I recommend SotTR. It's a very pretty game to show off that new hardware and a lot of fun.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
If you bought live and gamepass seperately, upgrade to ultimate for $1 and get extended time.

Edit: beaten.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2
Dude, these games aren't GamePass games.

Plenty of awesome games on GamePass.
The Outer Worlds
Gears 1 2 3 4 5
Halo MCC
Forts Horizon 4
DMC V
Ori and the blind Forest
Quantum Break
Hollow Knigh
Dead Cells
Yokus
Re:Core Definitive Edition

Have fun,mate! It's a neat little box, I upgraded recently too and ever since my PS4 Pro has been turned off. It's my way to go now for multi games too :)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds, Gears 5, and Forza Horizon 4 all make gamepass worth it.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both are not on gamepass, but Read Dead Redemption 1 is Xbox one X enhanced and boosts the game's resolution to 4K (if you have a capable tv) and if you happen to have a physical copy of the game laying around can buy the game also but seems like that isn't your intention with wanting to play what's on gamepass.

Resident Evil 4 unless you've been under a rock or something and never played it.

World War Z
I took it they just wanted us to recommend games for their Xbox One X in general, not necessarily only recommend games from Game Pass since they also have it but I guess I could be wrong.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gears 5
Forza Horizon 4
Devil May Cry 5
The Outer Worlds
Monster Hunter World
Dishonored 2
Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocket League
Bloodstained
Slay The Spire
Guacamelee
Ori and the Blind Forest
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Valkiria Chronicles
Dead Cells
Darksiders I & 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD
Resident Evil 4
Halo: MCC
Blazing Chrome
The Banner Saga
The Gardens Between us
Life Is Strange
The Walking Dead Telltale Series
Rise & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Battlechef Brigade
Brothers: A Tale of two sons
Mutant Year Zero
Steamworld Dig 2
The Outer Wilds
Wolfenstein New Order & The New Collosus
Doom
Prey

Gamepass is amazing for a new console user and simply great for everyone else.

Last edited:

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy!

I thought i fucked up when i impulse bought mine at the time when that 3 years Ultimate conversion deal started, but this thing quickly become my main platform and is turned on everyday.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh World War Z sounds fun.

Also I didn't clarify but I picked up 6 months of Live! and Games Pass.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, great console.

For gamepass, I think that Dishonored 1 & 2 were added recnelty. Dishonored 2 on Xbox One X runs really well, fixes just about all of the performance issues the game shipped with and looks great.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5
Forza Horizon 4
Devil May Cry 5
The Outer Worlds
Monster Hunter World
Dishonored 2
Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocket League
Bloodstained
Slay The Spire
Guacamelee
Ori and the Blind Forest
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Valkiria Chronicles
Dead Cells
Darksiders I & 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD
Resident Evil 4
Halo: MCC
Blazing Chrome
The Banner Saga
The Gardens Between us
Life Is Strange
The Walking Dead Telltale Series
Rise & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Battlechef Brigade
Brothers: A Tale of two sons
Mutant Year Zero
Steamworld Dig
The Outer Wilds
Wolfenstein New Order & The New Collosus
Doom
Prey

Gamepass is amazing for a new console user and simply great for everyone else.

This is a great list.

Throw in Afterparty if you like really narrative focused titles.

Phoenix Point will be out in December if you like Xcom.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you like arcade-style racing at all, or even just driving cars stupidly fast across a beautiful world, try Forza Horizon 4. I'm not a car person by any means, but that game is a delight. It's also stupid in some great ways because it doesn't take itself too seriously. Being able to cover a truck with anime girls and have my character do a stupid dance on top of a waterfall is wonderful. I spend a handful of minutes every time I boot it up just driving crazily fast across that world and launching off hills and such.

Skyebaron's list is great.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN ASHEN

I wish I could delete all I remember of the game and play through it again

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I took it they just wanted us to recommend games for their Xbox One X in general, not necessarily only recommend games from Game Pass since they also have it but I guess I could be wrong.

You're right it seemed to have suggested that he only wanted what's on games pass i thought, but looks to be more of an open ended question. He didn't necessarily specify that.

Oct 28, 2017
Gears 5, Sunset Overdrive, Outer Worlds/Wilds, Horizon 4, and a little sleeper Gamepass game no one talks about that i love is Mutant Year Zero. If you can afford it, a XB1X is a fantastic supplementary console. Especially with Gamepass.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok I finally got everything set up. Wow there are so many "free" games I can play. Even with your suggestions I am not sure where to start.

Gonna go with Gears since that seems to be the Xbox jam and all.

Edit: damn the UI on this is really fucking fast. And Gears is downloading at 110 Mbps. Digging it.

Oh Sunset Overdrive I forgot about that, will download next.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
Ok I finally got everything set up. Wow there are so many "free" games I can play. Even with your suggestions I am not sure where to start.

Gonna go with Gears since that seems to be the Xbox jam and all.

Edit: damn the UI on this is really fucking fast. And Gears is downloading at 110 Mbps. Digging it.

Oh Sunset Overdrive I forgot about that, will download next.
I didn't really love it but I think its free try quantum break