• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The Series X is my secondary gaming machine, and it truly is a Game Pass Box. PS5, I've been loving daily doses of GT7, GTA5 and Fortnite. They're all polished next gen experiences and take advantage of the 3D audio and dualsense features. GTA Online is already starting to push the next gen only features and it's getting pretty exciting. The Hao special vehicles and races and more recent expansion content are really showing it off.

Xbox, it's all about exploring their wide catalog of curated content. I have gone deep on a few things, but most are there to try and bounce off, it seems. But, good for those that find an audience.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Funny, I used to not care, but despite starting with Xbox's layout back with OG Xbox, I now prefer PlayStation.

Not trying to discount your own perspective, but let me offer a reason why I now firmly prefer PS style.

I've been playing a lot of Elden Ring recently. Whenever I'm in an intense fight and have to quickly change items with the dpad, I can keep moving/strafing in whatever direction I want while doing so, because I can just use my right thumb on the left stick for the second or so it takes to press the dpad. (Certainly helps to have dodge on right trigger instead of B/Circle as well.)

This saved my butt probably 10 times today at least (was really banging my head against Margit). I don't think I could ever prefer using the XB style for a Soulslike now. That's the only genre I have a strong preference for this for, but I'm sure DMC5 would be a bit awkward too.

Anyways, that's just my reasoning.

I move my right thumb a couple inches from the right stick to the dpad when I need to change items. Never have to take my left thumb off the stick.

I like souls games with the PS design because it has larger shoulder buttons, but I have an easier time changing items on Xbox controllers.

Oct 25, 2017
I move my right thumb a couple inches from the right stick to the dpad when I need to change items. Never have to take my left thumb off the stick.

I like souls games with the PS design because it has larger shoulder buttons, but I have an easier time changing items on Xbox controllers.
Oh right that's another thing haha. For some reason the Xbox One/Series controller messed up the bumpers/shoulder buttons and now they're too high up/awkward to click compared to the 360 controller. So that's another thing in the Dual Shock 4/Dual Sense's favor. And to your specific point yeah it's nice the Dual Sense's bumpers are even sturdier feeling than the DS4's.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Oh right that's another thing haha. For some reason the Xbox One/Series controller messed up the bumpers/shoulder buttons and now they're too high up/awkward to click compared to the 360 controller. So that's another thing in the Dual Shock 4/Dual Sense's favor. And to your specific point yeah it's nice the Dual Sense's bumpers are even sturdier feeling than the DS4's.
If I remember correctly the bumpers were redesigned for Xbox One so that you could click them using the inner part of your index finger without needing to take your finger off the trigger or use a second finger.

In that way, they were designed to be pressed from a side-on angle rather than straight down. I think the first controller revision changed it a bit so clicking them in the "old" way worked better as I don't think many folks realised that there was a better way to use the controller than the "old" way.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to like my series x but it has been one bad luck after the other. I'm on my 3rd series x and I'm scared to play the darn thing. Right now it keeps crashing while playing Scarlett Nexus so I'm blaming the game for now. Will play gotg and hope it doesn't crash.
Also can't get Live to connect. The loud clicky buttons also annoy my wife.

I really do like the console just sad I may have gotten 3 bad consoles ;_;

Damn, you have some shitty luck. I'm glad I don't have any issues with my PS5 and Series X.

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly the bumpers were redesigned for Xbox One so that you could click them using the inner part of your index finger without needing to take your finger off the trigger or use a second finger.

In that way, they were designed to be pressed from a side-on angle rather than straight down. I think the first controller revision changed it a bit so clicking them in the "old" way worked better as I don't think many folks realised that there was a better way to use the controller than the "old" way.
Huh, I'll try to see if that works for me. I'm currently in a similar situation to OP actually but haven't pulled the trigger on GP yet since I'm waiting for a time closer to Starfield but can maybe try this out while I'm continuing my first Splinter Cell playthrough in a decade. If nothing else, Xbox respecting its legacy more than PS is a pleasant surprise this gen (really last green I admit, but I skipped XB1).

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I recently got an X and love it. The one thing I wish was better is the capture. PS5 is way better at capturing gameplay. Xbox is way too limited in that regard.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
As an owner of both a Series X and a PS5, I gotta say that I don't see the UI problems you're mention. The PS5 for me has like the worst UI of any console I've owned. I much prefer the PS3 or PS4's UI experience to it.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Just a weekend? OP you'll gradually get used to the UI and controllers. Also this thread is quite interesting. It seems many who skipped Xbox last gen are back this gen...or considering getting an XsX or XsS soon...all thanks to Gamepass.

Last edited:

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
As an owner of both a Series X and a PS5, I gotta say that I don't see the UI problems you're mention. The PS5 for me has like the worst UI of any console I've owned. I much prefer the PS3 or PS4's UI experience to it.

Yeah I'm not sure what people like about the PS5 UI. No customization, no grouping or folders, full page ad on boot... Feels like the definition of style over substance. Give me the PS3/PS4 (or Xbox) any day.

Oct 27, 2017
Just a weekwnd? OP you'll gradually get used to the UI and conteollers. Also this thread is quite interesting. It seems many who skipped Xbox last gen are back this gen...or considering getting an XsX or XsS soon...all thanks to Gamepass.

Yup, this thread is indeed very interesting. Count me in as one of the people who skipped Xbox last gen but got in this generation, mainly due to Game Pass.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I didn't buy a X1 even though the 360 was my favorite console the gen before. Now bought a XSX because I couldn't find a GPU/PCs are too expensive with the intention to sell it if GPU prices go down.

But I don't miss my PC at all and will probably stay mostly console only this gen again. XSX, PS5 and Switch cover everything I need.

The consoles this gen are really amazing, can't go wrong with any of those choices imo.

GoldenAxe007

Feb 11, 2018
Same as OP: have had every PlayStation console but only had an original Xbox until I picked up a Series X (after I got my PS5). I completely agree with the UI that it wasn't as easy for me to navigate at the beginning but after configuring the tiles and grouping my games the way I want them, it got easier for me.

Gamepass is what got me to get the Xbox along with the backwards compatibility so I could go back and play through the games I missed out on.

The one thing that has been amazing is how easy they made it to go from one system/platform to another to continue your game, such as from the Xbox to PC or Cloud (although not all games support it). Also while I didn't have an Xbox One, I've heard it's even easier to take saves from last-gen games to current gen because it just works. On PS5, there were a few games where I had to redownload the PS4 version, upload the save, download the PS5 version, download the save and then delete the PS4 version. Not fun to do...

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Same as OP: have had every PlayStation console but only had an original Xbox until I picked up a Series X (after I got my PS5). I completely agree with the UI that it wasn't as easy for me to navigate at the beginning but after configuring the tiles and grouping my games the way I want them, it got easier for me.

Gamepass is what got me to get the Xbox along with the backwards compatibility so I could go back and play through the games I missed out on.

The one thing that has been amazing is how easy they made it to go from one system/platform to another to continue your game, such as from the Xbox to PC or Cloud (although not all games support it). Also while I didn't have an Xbox One, I've heard it's even easier to take saves from last-gen games to current gen because it just works. On PS5, there were a few games where I had to redownload the PS4 version, upload the save, download the PS5 version, download the save and then delete the PS4 version. Not fun to do...
All saves on Xbox go to the cloud and you never have to think about them. It is one of the best things of that ecosystem.

May 14, 2021
Me and a friend of mine both got a Series X around the same time. We've been doing a full Gears/Halo replay. And it's funny how we both constantly just complain about the OS for the first 5 minutes of each of our sessions. I only see love for it here. To me, it's the closest a UI has felt to "objectively" bad. It just has so many basic missteps.

I don't understand why anyone defends that clutter.
It doesn't hold a candle to the level of bad that is the new PS party system UI. And at least when you're complaining about the UI on Xbox chat, you're doing so with clear audio. Wish I could say the same for the other two. My biggest gripe with Xbox is the rampant issues with the A and Y buttons not registering presses.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't buy a X1 even though the 360 was my favorite console the gen before. Now bought a XSX because I couldn't find a GPU/PCs are too expensive with the intention to sell it if GPU prices go down.

But I don't miss my PC at all and will probably stay mostly console only this gen again. XSX, PS5 and Switch cover everything I need.

The consoles this gen are really amazing, can't go wrong with any of those choices imo.
I'm on the same boat here, I love PC gaming and do so on my scrappy gaming laptop but it can barely play new games. However I already have Series X and getting equivalent power on the PC side means having to probably spend 2-3 times as much. High end PC gaming doesn't make sense anymore.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Xbox: air above the console is hotter
PS5: air inside the console is hotter

I know which one I'd prefer there 😎

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
my favourite part of the gamerscore is seeing the leaderboard of my friends and trying to beat them

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Huh, I'll try to see if that works for me.
I've not used the stock controllers since 2015 so grabbed my One X controller and Series X controller to test and… it's ok.

I think I might still have a gen 1 Xbox One controller somewhere so might dig my that out to compare but by doing a sort of squeezing motion I could easily press the bumpers whilst leaving my finger on the trigger. I think with practice I could get used to it and get faster results than taking my finger off the trigger to press a bumper.
I use an Elite II and have the bumpers mapped to the upper paddles so won't be doing that but if I played stock, I reckon it'd be pretty good in FPS games at least.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I got an XSX a month ago and I concur, Game Pass value is really difficult to beat!

Related question; quick resume is new to me (and I really love that feature), does the console take a RAM snapshot or something?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I got an XSX a month ago and I concur, Game Pass value is really difficult to beat!

Related question; quick resume is new to me (and I really love that feature), does the console take a RAM snapshot or something?
Pretty much - it writes it to storage on the SSD and then loads it back as needed

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

That's something I don't understand about the xbox controller. The bumpers have always been a common complain with the controller, but even with all of the work they've done to the controller they're still not particularly good.

You're right about the bumpers being considerably higher than the triggers, compared to the 360 controller. I'm thinking that was a means to decrease how large the controller feels in the hand, but it puts the bumpers in a weird position as a result. Ideally the triggers would be a be a little higher and the bumpers re-designed to give a better feel to them.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
That's something I don't understand about the xbox controller. The bumpers have always been a common complain with the controller, but even with all of the work they've done to the controller they're still not particularly good.

You're right about the bumpers being considerably higher than the triggers, compared to the 360 controller. I'm thinking that was a means to decrease how large the controller feels in the hand, but it puts the bumpers in a weird position as a result. Ideally the triggers would be a be a little higher and the bumpers re-designed to give a better feel to them.

This all depends on how you hold the controller; for me, it's totally fine and especially like where the triggers are.

snedo

Mar 31, 2021
I'll never understand why people complain about Xbox using batteries. It is such a good feature, buy a cheap 4 pack of rechargeable batteries at Walmart and they'll last you years. or buy that battery pack and charging cable. Way better than built in batteries that degrade/fail and require you to completely disassemble your controller to replace.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a Series X for two months now and I think the OS is better than the PS5's even though the PS5's is prettier. But I do have some minor issues after the glamour wore off.

No way to look at secret Achievements in the UI.
No way to keep the controller awake longer than 15 minutes.
No patch notes for games. To be fair PS5 now does this which sucks.
Terrible organization of achievements for games that are compilations. Going through the Ezio collections achievement list is a pain.
No cool OS music. 😄

Honestly that's it. It's pretty cool that the OS allows me to change the wallpaper, stream from my media server, make folders. PS5 doesn't allow me to do any that.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
So I understand that the Series X is backwards compatible with 360 games, but as someone who doesn't have a physical collection, can I just buy old games from the store digitally? Like if I wanted Geometry Wars, Skate, GTA4 or even licensed games like the Force Unleashed, can I still buy them digitally today to play on the Series X?

I'm gonna get one eventually for Bethesda games, but I'd love to play some old games, especially if I can somehow recover my old XBox account that I inexplicably tied to my long lost college email address.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So I understand that the One X is backwards compatible with 360 games, but as someone who doesn't have a physical collection, can I just buy old games from the store digitally? Like if I wanted Geometry Wars, Skate, GTA4 or even licensed games like the Force Unleashed, can I still buy them digitally today to play on the One X?

I'm gonna get one eventually for Bethesda games, but I'd love to play some old games, especially if I can somehow recover my old XBox account that I inexplicably tied to my long lost college email address.
Some games are available still for sale. Some aren't. If a game is bc the disc option is the safest bet

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I think the Xbox UI could do with a bit of an overhaul. The PS5 (and PS4) UI just feels a lot nicer to use (not talking about functionality, just feelings).

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your post made me mostly nod in agreement. Xbox Series X is definitely a third console to me. I dunno if I'll keep it long term, but it's been an interesting experience owning it. I prefer PS5 for AAA games and Switch for indies. I don't get as much value from gamepass as some.

An approximate conversion I've had several times on Xbox Party chat with people....

"press the button with the 3 squares on it"..."which one is that, ok... ok that didn't do what i need"... "sorry i meant 3 lines, press that button" "the lines one on the right?" "sorry, yes, it's the one on the right hand side near the face buttons with the lines"

This is talking to people who's primary platform is Xbox too. So your point on this aspect of the controller rings true for me. MS found a way to make it worse than a basic start/select, while the other 2 companies either improved on start/select (or at least didn't make it worse, or less intuitive)

Also agree that the controller is basic and meh next to the dualsense. Zero innovation, no gyro, no rechargeable battery, no haptics, no trigger tension, no touchpad, no mic, no speaker... and barely any cheaper... smacks of Microsoft cost cutting and doing the absolute bare minimum while Sony really try to bring the best they can as the 'default interface' no matter the cost.

Speaking of interface, PS5's is far from perfect but I went running back to it and appreciating it after I first got hit with that 1080p SDR green buggy, ugly thing on Series X versus the gorgeous 4k HDR morphing PS5 interface with it's soothing sounds that takes on the sights and sounds of the game you hover over. Since I got a giant OLED I notice this even more.

Xbox in comparison is - "where are my games" "why is this a big internet explorer mess of crap by default" "why do i get errors doing basic shit like launching a game"... several times I've had an error from launching from the home screen, and had to dig into my game library or whatever, and launch the game from there instead. Just weird shit. People will tell you to start using/pinning different "games/apps" and make the interface work better for your games... eh, friction, switch/PS simply do the basics things better.

Quick resume - I dunno, when we are loading games in 5 seconds anyway, when more and more games have deep multiplayer online integration which seems to "break" every time you try to resume it from quick resume (Halo Infinite, etc), it seems like a minor win. I have literally never been back on PS5, waiting for a game to load and thought "i wish i had quick resume", and I dunno what swathe of games people are playing that aren't either indy games that load instantly, or online games that break via quick resume... it's a really niche win over simply not having quick resume.
I disagree with nearly everything you said here, but outside of that, you're wrong about the Xbox UI in that it's been a full 4K UI since like last Fall. Not sure what you're talking about when calling it "green" either. You can choose any colors you want for the Xbox UI.

Last edited:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've had a Series X for two months now and I think the OS is better than the PS5's even though the PS5's is prettier. But I do have some minor issues after the glamour wore off.

No way to look at secret Achievements in the UI.
No way to keep the controller awake longer than 15 minutes.
No patch notes for games. To be fair PS5 now does this which sucks.
Terrible organization of achievements for games that are compilations. Going through the Ezio collections achievement list is a pain.
No cool OS music. 😄

Honestly that's it. It's pretty cool that the OS allows me to change the wallpaper, stream from my media server, make folders. PS5 doesn't allow me to do any that.

Can't you just stream from your media server via Plex on PS5?

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Can't you just stream from your media server via Plex on PS5?

Yes, that's an option. But I didn't want to sign up for a Plex account. Just give me standard old DLNA.

Also I don't understand the discourse around the hamburger menu button. It's like fucking everywhere and it's the Option button without Options written on it. Also it's on this site!

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
So I understand that the Series X is backwards compatible with 360 games, but as someone who doesn't have a physical collection, can I just buy old games from the store digitally? Like if I wanted Geometry Wars, Skate, GTA4 or even licensed games like the Force Unleashed, can I still buy them digitally today to play on the Series X?

Most BC games are available for purchase on the store and many titles get discounted regularly (for example, I grabbed Lost Odyssey for 6,24€). Very few games have to be purchased from a 360 or the old 360 web marketplace. Other games can't be purchased either way and need a physical copy. (Hey Bandai Namco EU, I'm still waiting for Ridge Racer 6 on the store, get on that pls I'm dying over here)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, that's an option. But I didn't want to sign up for a Plex account. Just give me standard old DLNA.

I think Plex is a lot nicer to use and manage tbh, making an account is a one time, one minute hassle and has a lot of benefits. But still I hear what you're saying, if it's something you appreciate having on the XBOX then that's cool.

Personally I no longer use media streaming on either of the consoles just because I find the apps available on my TV itself to be the easiest option.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I think Plex is a lot nicer to use and manage tbh, making an account is a one time, one minute hassle and has a lot of benefits. But still I hear what you're saying, if it's something you appreciate having on the XBOX then that's cool.

Personally I no longer use media streaming on either of the consoles just because I find the apps available on my TV itself to be the easiest option.

Yeah, don't get wrong me if you want Plex use Plex but I don't care about all that extra fluff and another account to keep secure. All I need is the name of the movie and subtitles and I'm good. Also I game way more than I watch TV so it's faster for me to just switch over to the media app with my controller than grabbing the TV remote and loading the slow TV UI and vice versa. But the TV apps do have their benefits, for example Disney+ on PS5 doesn't support 4k but on my TV and XSX it supports 4k and Dolby Vision.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Xbox UI could do with a bit of an overhaul. The PS5 (and PS4) UI just feels a lot nicer to use (not talking about functionality, just feelings).

I dunno why but I think both UI are fucking awful to both look and and to navigate. They went backwards from the ps3 and 360 era imo (even though those are my most despised consoles overall)

memortal

Feb 5, 2021
I am 34 and PS was my main console until PS5 (waiting for spider man 2 and slimmer version) and I must admit that Xbox series controller is the most comfortable controller ever, it's not even close or debatable lol

Nintendo Switch + Series S with Game Pass makes me love video games again

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I am 34 and PS was my main console until PS5 (waiting for spider man 2 and slimmer version) and I must admit that Xbox series controller is the most comfortable controller ever, it's not even close or debatable lol

Nintendo Switch + Series S with Game Pass makes me love video games again
DualSense has a lot of great features, but it just doesn't sit in my hands quite like an Xbox controller does. I say this as someone with larger than normal hands which I know they made the DualSense bigger for people like me after the kid's toy that was the DS4.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
Game pass is great indeed! i am waitin on a deal to get a xbox series x as i only have a ps5 right now... BUT this right here

"The ease of adding the 1TB memory expansion to the console. Just stick the little card in the back of the machine? Really? No covers to pop off? No screws to remove? No "spacers" to space? Really makes it simple."

totally disagree, while it is easier as just plugging in it also costs twice as much! proprietary ssd is just a BAD choice on xbox's part... i just updated my ps5 nvme ssd over the weekend i got a 2tb for 209 thanks to wario64.

i will easily take the popping the cover off and screws if it saves me 200 bucks. im seeing 1tb on xbox costs 200 bucks right now ... thats insane.

XB1NH0

Dec 7, 2017
Got my series x last december, two months after my ps5. Series x is my first MS console and I've been playing almost every day thanks to game pass. GP is indeed a great value for MS. The console is beautiful, great design (much better than ps5) but I think the joystick is a bit cheap...buttons and d-pad are too noisy. It's a shame cause the design is very good as well and comfortable. However Dualsense is miles ahead IMHO.
As a PS owner since PS1 I'm pretty sure MS will catch up Sony this gen and that will improve the market.
Thanks God I achieved both consoles and now I can avoid nonsensical console wars.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox just suspends the whole HV memory/execution state to disk and then loads it back in when resuming. Desktop Windows doesn't have anything like that
That's literally what Hibernate function does on Windows for the past... 20 years?
Obviously it's a far more complex context to save as the OS is a true multi-execution environment - unlike that of a console, but that's just details.

But if you want to emulate the XB behavior of multiple instances in flight, run your games through an OS in VM instance and hibernate that, then you can suspend resume them at will (your HDD space allowing).

If I recall correctly I don't think Quick Resume is actually possible on PC/PS5 due to the way the Xbox OS functions (correct me if my understanding or reasoning is wrong) - games on Xbox run in a virtual machine and when they get suspended a save state of the game is created (in a similar vein to emulation).
See above regarding PC.
I'm not gonna speculate on what Sony 'deems' possible (as that's all that actually matters), but given they introduced quick resume on PSP (which was their first console to properly kick us out into user-mode land as developers) it'd be bizarre that 4 consoles later they'd undo that to go to some fantasy of how internet thinks Playstation console software stacks work.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
That's literally what Hibernate function does on Windows for the past... 20 years?
Obviously it's a far more complex context to save as the OS is a true multi-execution environment - unlike that of a console, but that's just details.
Right yes, I did mean on a per program basis. You can hibernate the whole OS, which is basically what the Xbox is doing to the HV, but with windows it's all or nothing because there's no sandbox to individually suspend.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I feel like some people doesn't have a série x ....xD
Sorry but Quick résumé is not about a fast loading. It's about not thinking about saving etc....

I played some yakuza games with Quick résumé, where i didn't have to go to the phone cabine . I could just stop the console, playing an other game and went back to yakuza etc... .
I would have played way more returnal if i could have done that.....i was scared that my console Froze when putting to sleep mode....

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I feel like some people doesn't have a série x ....xD
Sorry but Quick résumé is not about a fast loading. It's about not thinking about saving etc....

I played some yakuza games with Quick résumé, where i didn't have to go to the phone cabine . I could just stop the console, playing an other game and went back to yakuza etc... .
I would have played way more returnal if i could have done that.....i was scared that my console Froze when putting to sleep mode....

You can do that on PS5 though. Especially with Returnal. And my experience is that quick resume is far too inconsistent to utilise. It even crashed on Yakuza 0 and I lost half an hour of progress (I complained about it in another topic). So for me neither function is reliable enough. Although quick resume has the added benefit of allowing multiple suspended games.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
You can do that on PS5 though. Especially with Returnal. And my experience is that quick resume is far too inconsistent to utilise. It even crashed on Yakuza 0 and I lost half an hour of progress (I complained about it in another topic). So for me neither function is reliable enough. Although quick resume has the added benefit of allowing multiple suspended games.
In returnal WE CAN now ? At launch , it was impossible without losing your run.
Never had issue for me with all yakuza games that i played .
Japanese games in général ( yakuza , dragon qu'est , ff12 was my favorite games to play with Quick résumé ).

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Game pass is great indeed! i am waitin on a deal to get a xbox series x as i only have a ps5 right now... BUT this right here

"The ease of adding the 1TB memory expansion to the console. Just stick the little card in the back of the machine? Really? No covers to pop off? No screws to remove? No "spacers" to space? Really makes it simple."

totally disagree, while it is easier as just plugging in it also costs twice as much! proprietary ssd is just a BAD choice on xbox's part... i just updated my ps5 nvme ssd over the weekend i got a 2tb for 209 thanks to wario64.

i will easily take the popping the cover off and screws if it saves me 200 bucks. im seeing 1tb on xbox costs 200 bucks right now ... thats insane.
The price is definitely an issue but the convenience can't be overstated, especially when someone here on era (I forget who, sorry!) revealed how they keep their games on a card and left the family friendly games on the console. This meant their kids could play freely on the console with no concerns of accessing inappropriate titles or seeing 'scary' game cards in the list. When they wanted to play a more mature title when the kids weren't around they simply popped in the card and off they went.
As someone with a child, that's genius and I probably wouldn't have thought to do it myself.

To do the same process on my PS5 would require me to dissemble the console every time I wanted to play and for some folks that's going to be worth the cost - yes I know you could use cold storage but who has time to watch the slow transfer back from a USB drive when you just want to continue playing a game. Time is often what parents are short of.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
In returnal WE CAN now ? At launch , it was impossible without losing your run.
Never had issue for me with all yakuza games that i played .
Japanese games in général ( yakuza , dragon qu'est , ff12 was my favorite games to play with Quick résumé ).

Returnal added an option in game to save a run. Beforehand you could suspend the game and turn off the console provided you didn't play another game, is what I meant.