• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I'm so curious as to how they think they can ever top this amount of pure unadulterated hype. Like, even the way he catches it is perfection.

Thor and Hyperion throwing themselves at the Beyonders. Put that on screen.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like it. As far as fanservice moments go, that one was the biggest camera wink. I felt like it didn't have a place in the film. Who is he talking to? Who can even hear him? It was bad. Loved the movie but that line was pretty bad.
He's talking to the audience.
It's the makeup line for the AoU troll

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
In my theater you couldn't even hear him say "assemble" because people were cheering at him catching the hammer.
I saw the leaked scene a few days before release, and I was squealing when he caught the hammer. I was expecting him wielding it, but was not ready for summoning it or using the lightning. Cap opened up a whole case of whoop ass in that scene, but missed one shot and got fucked for it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Him yelling it would've come off as silly in live action in my opinion.

But yeah that "on your left" is a ride

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I teared up before that with "On your left"

I wonder how they can top those hype moments. Right now I can't see it.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The build-up is great. Whispering the line was a big mistake, in my opinion.

Oct 28, 2017
Cool moment.

Battle scene was kinda aimless and really wasn't very well thought out. I think a sneak attack on Avengers HQ was the wrong way to go. This video really lays out why the battle scene itself lacked impact for me.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The whole final battle from the big three walking up to Thanos to Tony's sacrifice is perfection. I don't think I've ever been so hyped for an on-screen fight ever.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
It was a perfect way to kick off the only part of the movie I have gone back to watch. IW however..

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's pure fanservice but it doesn't go beyond that IMO. You cheer because of the characters being physically on screen together, not them as a team overcoming or doing the impossible. It sort of kills the hype knowing that is all it is. There just isn't a lot going on. It is effectively a Anime Music Video but with those generic epic music backgrounds. I was hoping for something as grand, epic, and ambitious as the Charge of the Rohirrim.

Oct 26, 2017
Did nothing for me, unfortunately. I didn't think it was supposed to. Line is too contrived anyway.

Juxtaposed again Tony's last moment. That was a pay off. Coincidentally, it had a lot to do with the fact that Tony ad-libbed that moment.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But real talk falcons "On your left" makes me tear up every time.

It's such a perfect call back.

I'd been wondering to myself "where is everyone at if Hulk brought them back? How are they gonna do this?!" for about five minutes before the portals scene began, and when the first crackle of Sam's voice came through, I knew. I was grinning like an idiot, and then he dropped that line as the portal opened and I started crying in my seat 😭

It's kinda dumb because most of them aren't even avengers but it still finds a way to work.

Except they're all Avengers.

The Avengers being just an idea/fluid roster anyone can work themselves in and out of at a moment's notice is when it's at its best.

When shit is going down, if you stand beside Steve and Tony and Co., you're an Avenger. Period.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i initially hated the fact that my brain thought i cared about movies where people have magic hammers and good resolutely triumphs over evil but here we are.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously.

I'm so thankful to have this experience in my life. I'm going to remember it forever.

My 3 favorite theater experiences ever are Endgame, Infinity War, and Avengers, in that order.

It's been a fucking ride, man. Marvel Studios has tapped into something unbelievable.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My 3 favorite theater experiences ever are Endgame, Infinity War, and Avengers, in that order.

It's been a fucking ride, man. Marvel Studios has tapped into something unbelievable.
Can't wait for 20 years from now when I am 38 and kids that were inspired by this shit are making their own stuff

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like he didnt yell it cos it would have made me think of Anchorman, so the delivery was great. "On your left" and Thor's yell were pure hype tho.

Dec 12, 2017
But real talk falcons "On your left" makes me tear up every time.
Yeah, it's ironically Mackie's delivery that sells it. It's more dutiful than deliberate. I love it.

giphy.gif

I'm so curious as to how they think they can ever top this amount of pure unadulterated hype. Like, even the way he catches it is perfection.
The catch and crescendo of Silvestri's score make this moment fucking iconic.

So glad i saw this spoiler free. For all the peopke that say spoilers are whatevers, i point to moments like this as Exhibit A as to why we hate them and not getting spoiled DOES matter.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was better with him saying it in a more understated way. I think it would have verged on being corny if he shouted it at the top of his lungs.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The defining moment of the MCU. Tops I'm always angry for me now. Me and the whole crowd went absolutely bonkers... manly tears were shed opening night.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a youtube video that talks about that scene in terms of the music...there are 6 chord changes, representing the 6 stone's. That's pretty fucken cool.

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
Cringed at the quiet assemble line. Also cringed at I am Ironman but it was an epic moment. I wish he had yelled from the rooftops.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
The music built up so much appropriate hype with all those portals, I didn't care. That shit was so powerful.