• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
A number of weeks back I purchased an import copy of Matterfall for the PS4.

I forgot about buying it until today TBH. Which is when I finally received the package from Hong Kong... I hope this question doesn't come across as insensitive, or even problematic. But is it ok to open? I haven't really been following the Corona Virus all that closely, but I have heard the virus can survive outside the human body for a number of days or even possibly weeks. What should I do?

fjHak.jpg

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) already released a statement regarding this claim. CDC clarified that this is only a myth and that "In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures."

"Currently, there is no evidence to support the transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods, and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods," the agency added.

WHO also shared a statement saying that coronaviruses "do not survive long on objects." Once items are exposed to UV rays or any heat from outside, the viruses tend to die.

www.techtimes.com

Is it Still Safe to Buy China-Made Online Items Amid Coronavirus? What is Amazon Doing?

With 40% of Amazon products coming from China, what measures does the online shopping giant have in place?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There's actually a lot of people concerned right now that they're going to get coronavirus because they bought something that shipped from China.

I'm not saying that they should be concerned, but there are a lot of them.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Just sit it out on a window sill in sunlight for a few hours if you are that worried. There 99.99999% aren't any coronavirus shit on it but if there were then that would kill them.

I would do that if you have anxiety or something tbh, just to feel better.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Think about how much stuff gets imported from China and ask yourself: if this was really the case, wouldn't the virus have shut down near ever major city by now?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
You worried something like this happened...

tenor.gif

Just wait till summer to open it up. According to Trump, the virus dies off in the summer.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if people realize how many new/recent things from China they interact with on a daily basis. Heck, an hourly basis.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't this thing only transmittable via fluids or vapour? I think you'll be fine, but I'd double check to be sure

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Only way to be safe is to set the box, the console you were going to play the game in, and your couch on fire. Then, start praying.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
If it were transmittable through merchandise, nothing would have shipped. You wouldn't have gotten this package at all.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Send it to me. Will provide my adress via PM. If you never get the game back, assume I died from coronavirus.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My gf is chinese and just flew in from Hk on the 11th. I've been kissing her and touching her and even making sweet love with her and I'm ok so far. I think you'll be fine. Me on the other hand... I guess keep an eye on my posts for the next 14 days.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think viruses lives that long on dry packages. I ordered something from Asia myself a few days ago (probably sent from Hong Kong i think), and i have been thinking about the virus too, to be honest. But the chances that it lives on the surface of the packge for that long is really small, so i wouldnt worry that much about it.

You worried something like this happened...

tenor.gif

Just wait till summer to open it up. According to Trump, the virus dies off in the summer.
Lol, i was thinking of the same episode :)

giphy.gif

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP is taking a while to answer. I am worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.