• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't just at Metroid fans, but ERA in general. They just want you to tune in to watch this half baked award show all the way through. I wouldn't be surprised the people hinting behind the scenes info were also suckered by people close to the show to manufacture hype. This isn't some big show for top tier game reveals. It has nowhere near the hype or importance of E3.

I didn't make this thread to mock people who believed it. I was hyped too, but I was also a skeptic. I didn't tune in. All I did was follow the live blog at a site, and refresh ERA once in awhile. I was still able to see the trailers on Youtube in the game's official channel. I didn't miss anything.

Hopefully this debacle will convince you guys not to tune in next year. I recall bogus shit was leaked last year too, and that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. There were people from Europe staying up well into the morning without sleep hoping for this bogus info to be shown. Was that really worth it?

Real

Oct 28, 2017
What's the connection between a bogus rumor and a well-crafted awards show? It's not TGA's fault that the rumor popped up. Nor do you have any proof that they manufactured it, as you mention.

This ain't it, OP.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
What I learned is I wasted a night of sleep to watch almost four hours of Epic Store/Fortnite infomercial.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I thought the show was great though?

So I got to watch the show I was hoping for but didn't get metroid

Though reggie wearing the ridley shirt sure got me. 5 years later he does it again the madman

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you actually implying that people purposely put out rumors of Prime 4 being there, just to trick people in to watching the entirety of TGA?

You got some stuff to think through if going to conspiracy theory bullshit is your way of coping with minor disappointment.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The inconvenience over getting unnecessarily hyped over unreliable rumors should not incite severe mental anguish. I say that as someone who loathes the TGAs

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Stayed up (Sweden) It was worth it. I kind of enjoy vga and didn't expect that much.

Altho I'm old so I was tried at work.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
How many of the reveals last night is metroid gonna outsell

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the show, and got a reveal better than any reveal Metroid could have given me.

The Dread Wolf Rises, my friends!

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the show and they announced the remake Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat 11, so it was better than E3 for me

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Red Dead Redemption II music made the night worth it, but I also enjoyed seeing some of the wins as well.

It was a good show.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
TGA absolutely can and does have big announcements. Sekiro was (soft) announced at TGA.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't their fault you chose to get excited about a fake rumor with nothing to back it up.

The show was fantastic.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
You're too salty OP.

I don't think any of the leaks came from the organization, that's crazy talk

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a fun show with a lot of fun announcements. Shouldn't believe every rumor ever and handle expectations accordingly. Besides, the big absentee is a game we know officially to be coming, so seeing it now or at E3 doesn't make that much of a difference. Now those who were waiting for a new Banjo or something are in a different scenario as they have no idea whether their dream will ever even start being developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.