• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I've got enough on ps plus collection to last a year easy. And that's not touching my PS4 backlog. But I've been playing it a ton.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me of the poster who bought a XSX to play CP2077, and then says that he is waiting until the game goes on sale.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i planned to play valhalla on it but i started yakuza 7 instead on pc and now cp77 is coming out...

my ps5 got like, 6 hours of playtime at most from wrc 9 exclusively, and thats it.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I mean, WoW is basically a phone game at this point. No offense if that's what you're into, but I'd hardly classify it as a video game.

On the other hand, if you're not into Demon's Souls or Spider-Man or Sackboy I can see not playing it.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Same OP

Once to get everything set up/test Demons Souls and Astro Bot

Another time to test out The Last Guardian/play a 4k bluray/ play more Astro Bot

To be fair, I'm not really motivated to do much of anything anymore

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I've only really played a couple minutes of Astro not, browsed the store and downloaded my owned games on my Ps5

I made the mistake of starting Valhalla on series X on launch week, so I just haven't had the time yet. Once I get through AC, I've got last of us 2 and Ghosts up next

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I have been playing it non stop since I got it . Only PS5 game I played is astro's Playroom. The rest has been PS4 games. I have been playing sekiro nonstop at that silky smooth 60 FPS.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Would you say.. it's collecting dust? huehue

I've played my XSX a bit, but nothing too much either.
Neither console had a huge game for me at launch and you shouldnt feel bad about that.

Now you have a PS5 for when ever you have something you really like to play. Be it RE8, or something else.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Almost all my gaming time is going to the PS5. Played Miles Morales, played Astro, finished Ghost of Tsushima, now playing Valhalla, Destiny 2, and Spider-Man Remastered. There's More than enough games.

Yep. Made me realise I have my xbox series X in standby mode - I should turn it on to update forza then shut it down properly. Its just not getting any time. It'll get its time.

Launch lineup is keeping me very happy, plus checking back in on some PS4 games - EDF with a smooth framerate is amazing.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
That'll happen. I mostly game on PC so my ps5 hasn't gotten much use, either. That said, I've put 20 hours into DeS and just bought DMC5SE so it may get a bit more use now
I have a beast pc and aside from Yakuza since I had no choice and another game coming soon that ill probably hate I kinda dig the PS5 experience as much if not more in some cases. In other words I wish my PC SSD which is pretty good was nearly as fast.

BeanBoi

Jun 20, 2019
Not sure what you were looking for given the limited availability of the system. Your OP comes off pretty douchey.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i've played 45 mins of demon's souls at least. not my fault they haven't made any good next gen games yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've played around 60-65 hours on it with Demon's Souls getting the lion's share. Hard to say how many boots that's involved though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Seen people do it in the past, hell I did it with the XB1, bought it played a little of DR3, didn't really like it, gave my XB1 to my brother 3 weeks later because I wasn't using it. Sometimes we buy shit we don't actually want, was when I realized buying a PS and a Xbox or a PC nowadays (given nearly everything is "console exclusive", not actually exclusive) close to each other is probably a big waste of money.
Thinking about if I did get 1 I probably would have play Demon's and then Dark Souls 1 and 2, which the latter 2 aren't exactly lookers, so wouldn't have exactly got the most out of it.

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I play it almost everyday since launch. Once I'm through with my launch games I'll get on my PS4 backlog again.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could sell it to an army veteran who wants one as a Christmas gift for their kid. Unless of course you're a heartless person who hates the armed forces.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I've played Demon's Souls on it so far(this is multiple characters tho)... I might get back to Tsushima at some point but otherwise, I have one ready when GOW2 comes out

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
On the other side of things I've launched my PS5 more than I've launched my PS4 Pro in the last year. The fan noise REALLY made me gravitate to my Xbox One X more than even I wanted to just because it was far more 'silent'. Now that the PS5 is the exact opposite of the PS4 Pro I can't stop playing it. Should finish my Dark Souls Remaster playthrough soon and then I'll move onto the Demon's Souls remake. My Series X is dusting up quite a bit but Destiny 2 will help with that.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats on wasting money on something you don't need. Capitalism would be proud. Next time wait until there's a reason to buy something instead of doing it compulsively

Come on. The ps5 won't drop in price for the forceable future and thus buying it now is of no consequence if you are going to play or more next year.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I platinumed Astrobot and played through Miles, and now I only turn it on for a madden game here and there. Been hooked on my xsx playing Yakuza 7 and recently Dante's Inferno.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If I'm perfectly honest I never buy launch consoles because I both can't find them and there isn't nearly enough to play to justify the cost. I'll be there this time next year though hopefully

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I binged demons and astro on release week but haven't touched it since shadowlands was released much like you.

It doesn't worry me though as it's a wow expansion. I always do this with PlayStations. I'll play it again when the next big release is out for it or maybe cyberpunk if I don't fancy playing it on PC.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Booted mine once, it broke and its taken almost a month to return it and there are none to give me a replacement. SeX, PS5, RTX GPUs all out of stock so I am screwed for Cyberpunk...

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I've platinumed Miles Morales, Astro's Playroom, and Sackboy A Big Adventure. And I'm currently on pace to achieve the platinum trophy in Demon's Souls for this weekend. I think I'm at a total of 110 hours or so since November 19th.

Edit: Also played some Avengers and Godfall. After finishing Souls I'm going to play Bugsnax and Pathless, followed by PS4 games :)

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should have sold it and bought one next year after WoW has died down and they're more readily available.

Im actually in a similar boat, I've got a ps5 and playing WoW but I've made time for my ps5 and have Cyberpunk on order for tomorrow so the pc and WoW can wait.

Derfy

Oct 27, 2017
Same for me I won't pay 80 for Souls or 60 for a DLC of spiderman . I wait for those prices to goes down, and it will be the same for all the 80 euros games from Sony as most are not multiplayer.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
You monster! How DARE you spend time doing something else?

Seriously though, why did you buy it in the first place if you're not interested in the available games? Personally, I have a rule of not buying a new console if there aren't at least 5 games I'm interested in. Usually keeps me from buying something I won't use.

I guess you could use it for PS4 games though.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I hope Sony finds a way to add quick resume to PS5, because so far (but I've only had the PS5 for a few days) this next gen is not shaking out like I thought it would. Being able to play 5 GamePass indie/AA games at the same time really satisfies my ADD. To the point where I'm like whew if I play Spooderman I need to dedicate half an hour because I should hit a save point on the chance my kids want to play Astro next. That's a big ask innit (I'm not even fucking with Demon's Souls because of this).

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Yeah I casually played a little bit Astro Bots, Spiderman, Demon's Souls and tested a few PS4 games, but nothing for more than 1-2 hours.

I think I used it more for watching Netflix/Youtube than playing games so far.

Sometimes I casually swing around winterly New York though, it's so fun at 60fps.

Last edited: