• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Just going to point out that a leftist not voting is really not unusual nor does it automatically mean they aren't lifting a finger to enact change. Most leftists value direct action over voting, that doesn't mean they are "enabling" Trump or not trying to enact change by not voting, it's just a different method of making their voices heard.
This method is clearly not working.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stay frosty. Polls look good now but polls 5 months out don't really mean anything at all. They'll matter when the election is about 30 days out.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
that bill included the violence against women act, the federal assault weapon ban, driver privacy protection so that those who get abortions cannot be tracked down and harassed, crimes against children act, and the sex offender registry.

biden did not write 356 pages by himself and the portion that was primarily written by Biden and aides was the violence against women act.
The sex offender registry is an abomination that does nothing to reduce sex crimes (in fact, might even increase it!) and places a scarlet letter for life on people that get caught with their own naked pictures from a few months prior.
Biden's criminal justice record in general is horrible, and yes he did put his name on the bill. He's been bragging for years about writing it. He owns a larger part of responsibility than most politicians for the war on drugs. You can't erase that because he says a few nice things today.
I'm not equating them. They're different people, and they had different roles in that bill. But they both contributed to it. Biden may have written it, but then Bernie signed it, and then campaigned on it. That does not get removed. He is not exempt, that's my point. And I personally would like to live in a world where everyone who was involved in that bill got raked over the coals for it. But that's not what happens.
No, you don't get to say "different" roles, one role is way more prominent and important. Otherwise you could claim that Biden is literally as responsible as W for the Iraq war.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
There was literally no way Biden wouldn't be ahead in polls after this shitshow, no one can get complacent though. Vote, vote, vote!

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
.......why not do both?
There's lots of reasons leftists might choose not to vote while still being involved in direct action, like a lack of faith in electoralism for example.
This method is clearly not working.
I would argue that in terms of enacting proper non incremental change the liberal method of voting and patting themselves on the back for doing something so small clearly is the less effective method than protesting, providing mutual aid, etc. I mean people scared the shit out of the police with the riots and protests and them showing their asses so blatantly in response to the peaceful protestors helped change alot of people's perspectives on the police and now the discussion of whether or not to defund the police is part of the discourse. Direct action did that, not electoralism

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
There's lots of reasons leftists might choose not to vote while still being involved in direct action, like a lack of faith in electoralism for example.

I would argue that in terms of enacting proper non incremental change the liberal method of voting and patting themselves on the back for doing something so small clearly is the less effective method than protesting, providing mutual aid, etc. I mean people scared the shit out of the police with the riots and protests and them showing their asses so blatantly in response to the peaceful protestors helped change alot of people's perspectives on the police and now the discussion of whether or not to defund the police is part of the discourse. Direct action did that, not electoralism
So you're plan of action for pushing and bringing about progressive policy is marching in the streets every time? Yea, we did good, but if we had more progressive legislators it would be even better. Leftists need to run for office and fucking vote. I'm tired of the bullshit.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so full of Hopium right now. This is precisely why when Kamala Harris flamed out, I was advocating for Diamond Joe (albeit reluctantly).

The recent polls are absolutely eviscerating! The Fox News national poll released tonight almost matches the CNN poll that the Trump campaign wanted to sue CNN over. The Battleground states are still fairly close, but every single one of them is tilting in Biden's favor. We're actually in a situation where a landslide victory and winning the Senate back is totally in a realistic realm of possibilities.

Yeah it's still early and Hilary Clinton was also leading right now but the big difference between now and then is that Trump was an unknown quantity back then. He had never run for office at any level, there was zero track record from elected office to judge him. The main thing people were judging him off was his campaign rallies and his Apprentence/Real Estate Mogul persona he manufactured. Clinton also had super high negatives. So there were quite a few people in the middle were like "How bad could Trump be?" and he got the benefit of the doubt.

Trump is NOT getting the benefit of the doubt now. He's a complete known quantity. Everyone knows what he is and knows that he will never change or grow into the office. This is a referendum on Trump. Someone who is completely unstable and erratic, the Democrats put up the perfect nominee by picking someone who is the exact opposite, stable, boring, and a known quantity. The only chance Trump had was that if the Democrats put up someone who was perceived as "risky" and hoping the people in the middle would pick "the devil you know over the unknown".
Biden is far from a perfect candidate but he is indeed Trump's Kryptonite. Biden eats way into Trump's working class voters while also pulling away older voters. And still maintaining a strong coalition with women and minorities. Biden is owning the middle. For an incumbent to be polling at 38-39% with the challenger over 50% going into the summer that's a big big problem for Trump.

I'm sure some of the numbers will recover a little bit once some of the recent controversies fade from people's conscious, but Biden now has a HUGE margin of error to work with. And with COVID we're seeing more states that recently reopened starting to hit the first true wave spike. Trump is going to get even more backlash when even more people realize the Federal government was not even enforcing their own CDC reopening gating guidelines is a big reason why things are going sideways again with the potential for second lockdowns. If we have a second wave of lockdowns, Trump will be toast before we even hit the fall.

That said, I'm still highly motivated because I want to win the Senate back and that's going to require a large margin of victory not just a squeaker. But this race is already Biden's race to lose with room for several stumbles. I honestly think maintaining his health will be the most important thing he needs to do.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
No, you don't get to say "different" roles, one role is way more prominent and important. Otherwise you could claim that Biden is literally as responsible as W for the Iraq war.
As a Black man, I'll tell you right now: both roles are repugnant to me.

As someone else just pointed out, Biden's office wasn't even responsible for the Crime Bill text.

And I'm not speaking as a Biden fanboy. I want better from him on the subject of that bill, and me coming to terms with voting for him in November has definitely factored in the idea that I might not get it. But Bernie isn't spared the smoke; he shouldn't be. ALL OF Y'ALL was on that "tough on crime" bullshit in the 90s.

Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, the debates worry me the most. Biden is the master of gaffes, and I don't think that he's a great off the cuff speaker. Trump is a bully when he speaks, and if you're not really listening to the issues, it's easy to perceive him as winning a debate against someone that isn't a confident, and strong speaker.

Trump went the last few days on record that we have a vaccine against AIDS, made juneteenth famous, incoherently rambled during every public speech and I is now known for thinking Finland is part of Russia.

But Biden is king of gaffes, riiiight

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
So you're plan of action for pushing and bringing about progressive policy is marching in the streets every time? Yea, we did good, but if we had more progressive legislators it would be even better. Leftists need to run for office and fucking vote. I'm tired of the bullshit.
Personally I do both when the person I'm voting for is actually progressive, but my point is that shaming leftists for not voting by claiming they aren't doing anything when they are actually doing more than most people to enact change is either a case of being dishonest or misinformed

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Bernie in the primary. For some time I rejected the notion of "voting for the lesser evil."

I will be enthusiastically voting Trump out in November and then will nervously watch what damage he unfolds throughout his lame duck session.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a Black man, I'll tell you right now: both roles are repugnant to me.

As someone else just pointed out, Biden's office wasn't even responsible for the Crime Bill text.

And I'm not speaking as a Biden fanboy. I want better from him on the subject of that bill, and me coming to terms with voting for him in November has definitely factored in the idea that I might not get it. But Bernie isn't spared the smoke; he shouldn't be. ALL OF Y'ALL was on that "tough on crime" bullshit in the 90s.
Was Biden responsible for the war on drugs bill of 1984 which he coauthored with white supremacist Strom Thurmond? What about the one from 1986 that he sponsored? What about the one from 1988 which is also sponsored? Why has Biden claimed for decades that he wrote the 1994 bill if he only wrote the "good parts"? Biden's office was responsible for most of the bill, and this attempt of rewriting history is gross.

But again we gotta pretend like the candidate that said a couple nice things a couple days ago didn't do the opposite of that for his whole fucking career

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Was Biden responsible for the war on drugs bill of 1984 which he coauthored with white supremacist Strom Thurmond? What about the one from 1986 that he sponsored? What about the one from 1988 which is also sponsored? Why has Biden claimed for decades that he wrote the 1994 bill if he only wrote the "good parts"? Biden's office was responsible for most of the bill, and this attempt of rewriting history is gross.

But again we gotta pretend like the candidate that said a couple nice things a couple days ago didn't do the opposite of that for his whole fucking career

Who is rewriting history? At what point in our discourse have I let Biden off the hook? You're not quoting anything about Biden's record that I'm not aware of, had to personally reconcile with, and talk to my elders who may hold context that I don't.

But I'm giving that energy to everyone. You're not off the hook because there existed someone worse than you. Isn't that our entire argument against the Republicans right now?

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who is rewriting history? At what point in our discourse have I let Biden off the hook? You're not quoting anything about Biden's record that I'm not aware of, had to personally reconcile with, and talk to my elders who may hold context that I don't.

But I'm giving that energy to everyone. You're not off the hook because there existed someone worse than you. Isn't that our entire argument against the Republicans right now?
"As someone else just pointed out, Biden's office wasn't even responsible for the Crime Bill text."

fucking lmao

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
"As someone else just pointed out, Biden's office wasn't even responsible for the Crime Bill text."

fucking lmao
That wasn't incorrect? Nor was it the only point I made in that post.

I mean, I'm a fan of Kamala Harris. If I wanted to poke holes at Biden to demonstrate my issues with him, I could go in on his backward position on bussing back in the 70s. I am deeply aware of Biden's many flaws. But we're not talking about that. We're talking about a specific bill, and the roles specific politicians played in that specific bill.

Oct 26, 2017
Biden did perfectly fine against Bernie in the debates. Biden does better in 1v1 situations.

It's Trump who hasn't debated or even faced real criticism in person in over 4 years. He's the most sheltered President in history.

Also debates are useful when you don't really know the candidates. But both Trump and Biden are known quantities. We're also way more over-exposed to President candidates so debates simply don't weigh as much. Hilary won all the debates and it did't take her over the finish line. The worst that Biden will do is fumble over some of his words. You'll have Biden's stammering versus Trump's word salad. Trump might be able to throw out some snappy insults but most Americans are tired of that. Biden's substantive and thoughtful answers will easily create contrast. Also if Trump keeps harping on Biden's mental state for the next 3 months then they're going to lower the expectations so much by the fall that Biden will win by just not drooling all over the podium and being able to stand upright.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That wasn't incorrect? Nor was it the only point I made in that post.

I mean, I'm a fan of Kamala Harris. If I wanted to poke holes at Biden to demonstrate my issues with him, I could go in on his backward position on bussing back in the 70s. I am deeply aware of Biden's many flaws. But we're not talking about that. We're talking about a specific bill, and the roles specific politicians played in that specific bill.
But it's incorrect. Biden literally authored the bill, if you open the link I posted he also let some police rep do anything he wanted and never said no.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first choice was Beto.

My second choice was Harris.

My third choice was Warren.

My fourth choice was Sanders.

My fifth choice was Biden.

I legimitely can't wait to step into that voting booth in November and vote for Biden, I'm so excited.

I'm so fucking sad Beto didn't pan out. I watched a couple of his recent streams and he's just so likable and genuine, it's obvious he actually cares. He seemed out of his element sometimes during the campaign, because you have to be ruthless to stand out from the pack and it's not his style, but he would without a doubt have been a damn fine president.

Oct 27, 2017
Just going to point out that a leftist not voting is really not unusual nor does it automatically mean they aren't lifting a finger to enact change. Most leftists value direct action over voting, that doesn't mean they are "enabling" Trump or not trying to enact change by not voting, it's just a different method of making their voices heard.

This makes no sense to me at all. Why not just do both?

Votes are what are needed to get rid of Trump. Nothing else will do.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
As a Brit who since 2016 has witnessed the Brexit referendum, Trump's victory, a narrow Conservative victory, and then a Conservative landslide, I'm really hoping for some good news from across the pond this November.

I don't think anyone thinks electing Biden instantly solves everything, but goodness, it'd be refreshing to have someone like him in power as a decent starting step.

Jan 10, 2018
I voted for Bernie in the primary. For some time I rejected the notion of "voting for the lesser evil."

I will be enthusiastically voting Trump out in November and then will nervously watch what damage he unfolds throughout his lame duck session.

Biden runs on lets make some progress. Trump runs on lets undo as much progress as possible.

They are not on the same page. Like at all.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Leftists have a lot to learn how politics work. I consider myself one but I'm also aware that electoral reality doesn't happen overnight just because you want to will it so. It takes work, it takes compromises and more importantly, it takes winning.

Warren would be the closest to me politically but I still knew she would be DOA in the general. Sanders would do better than her but he wouldn't enjoy the same margins as Biden. Sanders has more risks and would be closer to Clinton in how she won the popular vote but has a narrow chance of losing the electoral college.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame it took a few literal police murders and a worldwide pandemic for people to change their mind, but I'm glad ERA is on board with Biden now. Maybe it was too soon after the primaries were over but the few posters here who dared to support Biden were relentlessly attacked and mocked.

Anyway, god bless this man for potentially saving the US.

Jim_Clyburn_official_portrait_116th_Congress.jpg

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's a shame it took a few literal police murders and a worldwide pandemic for people to change their mind, but I'm glad ERA is on board with Biden now. Maybe it was too soon after the primaries were over but the few posters here who dared to support Biden were relentlessly attacked and mocked.

It's not hard to get behind Biden. Trump is literally a white nationalist who can barely converse at a fifth grade level. Even stupid white racists look at him and are like "Jesus Christ, what are we doing?".

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure its Biden or Trump's opponent getting a bump due to coronavirus + Floyd protests?

i'm a biden guy but have to admit he's ahead on virtue of being quarantined in his basement (still gives remote inverviews, statements but they're not particularly publicized heavily). along with trump out in the open shitting himself, obvs

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Some of the posts here are pretty much saying he's pretty much got the Presidency.
Isn't this sort of complacency the reason Trump got elected in the first place?

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017

Big Pharma Clyburn didn't save the US. He saved Biden. Both Bernie or Biden would have done well in this current climate. I mean, both of them were polling well vs Biden before all of this happened. The gap widened for Biden because Trump is pissing people off even more.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Biden is doing this all by pretty much hiding from everything. Inspiring is not what comes to mind for me but to each his own

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is the perfect candidate for an environment where government stability and usefulness is needed more than government reinvention.

He is the perfect foil to a concentrated chaos candidate like Trump, especially when Trump has also shown he just sucks at leading in general.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Point of Comparison

The left's failure to participate in "electoralism" four years ago has gotten tens of thousands of Americans killed. It's taken away health coverage for millions, it's led to a response effort to Hurricane Maria and Covid-19 that has killed more POC than racist cops could in decades. It's led to the appointment of a rapist to the supreme court who has voted against LGBT protections and will vote against progressive reform for potentially the next 30+ years. It's led to a sharp uptick in ICE separating kids from their parents at the borders and making them sleep under tinfoil blankets on the floor. The Iran Deal, the Paris accord, the WHO. The FCC killing net neutrality. The hundreds of judicial nominees the Trump administration has put forth. The immigration bans. The trade wars.

In four years the Trump administration has objectively done more harm to people and policy than fourty years of protests could ever undo.

Everyone who choses not to participate in "electoralism" or denies it's importance is the moral equivalent of a dude in a MAGA hat in my book. They are equal partners in everything that could have been averted in the gap between Trump and Clinton, and potentially Trump and Biden. I can't overstate my lack of respect for that dumb, indefensible viewpoint.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
As a Canadian (we definitely have are own issues with some aspects of our PM) I truly hope you all can get that orange turd out of there. The damage he's done..it's so disheartening.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The left's failure to participate in "electoralism" four years ago has gotten tens of thousands of Americans killed. It's taken away health coverage for millions, it's led to a response effort to Hurricane Maria and Covid-19 that has killed more POC than racist cops could in decades. It's led to the appointment of a rapist to the supreme court who has voted against LGBT protections and will vote against progressive reform for potentially the next 30+ years. It's led to a sharp uptick in ICE separating kids from their parents at the borders and making them sleep under tinfoil blankets on the floor. The Iran Deal, the Paris accord, the WHO. The FCC killing net neutrality. The hundreds of judicial nominees the Trump administration has put forth. The immigration bans. The trade wars.

In four years the Trump administration has objectively done more harm to people and policy than fourty years of protests could ever undo.

Everyone who choses not to participate in "electoralism" or denies it's importance is the moral equivalent of a dude in a MAGA hat in my book. They are equal partners in everything that could have been averted in the gap between Trump and Clinton, and potentially Trump and Biden. I can't overstate my lack of respect for that dumb, indefensible viewpoint.

i feel like we need to pin this post up til November

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If it weren't for those dang leftists we would've won!" is a cartoonish statement divorced from reality that lets you completely misdirect the blame for what's wrong in America but keep sticking your head in the sand

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lmao yes it was.

The right votes, the left doesn't. 1% of you actually show the fuck up and Hillary is the President.
The left is simultaneously weak enough that they're all white new yorkers on twitter, but powerful enough to make hillary clinton lose elections.

Dastardly leftist comey wrote that letter. Leftists convinced hillary clinton to not campaign in the midwest.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
"If it weren't for those dang leftists we would've won!" is a cartoonish statement divorced from reality that lets you completely misdirect the blame for what's wrong in America but keep sticking your head in the sand

The left is simultaneously weak enough that they're all twitter, but powerful enough to make hillary clinton lose elections.

Dasdardly leftist comey wrote that letter. Leftists convinced hillary clinton to not campaign in the midwest.

If you want to hide behind the fact that the turnout wasn't big enough for MORE than just the fake-woke accelerationists who say they won't vote for a Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton, go ahead.

That doesn't morally obsolve anyone who chose not to the vote or who has the fucking gull to say electoralism isn't the way forward. Like I said: anyone who doesn't vote is an equal partner with a racist in a MAGA hat in everything that happens.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to hide behind the fact that the turnout wasn't big enough for MORE than just the fake-woke accelerationists who say they won't vote for a Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton, go ahead.

That doesn't morally obsolve anyone who chose not to the vote or who has the fucking gull to say electoralism isn't the way forward. Like I said: anyone who doesn't vote is an equal partner with a racist in a MAGA hat in everything that happens.
you just like yelling at leftists online even though it's 100% on Clinton for losing the most winnable election in history with her terrible campaign. idk what we did to hurt you but you're living in fantasy land where every leftist doesn't vote.

btw calling everyone who doesn't want to vote for biden because he's been credibly accused of rape equal to a racist in a MAGA hat is really fucking gross. i hope you can reflect on that.

Oct 25, 2017

Clinton won the popular vote, but ok, it's the dastardly cabal of performative woke leftist voters!