• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
This is strange to me to hear people saying they're waiting for it to hit Netflix. I guess the region where you live dictates this? Because where I live (Belize, Central America), the episodes came out on Netflix the day after it aired on cable. So that's how my wife and I watched the series. It used to air Thursdays on cable and then we would watch it Friday on Netflix. We already have the full series completed.
It's a Netflix Original outside the US only (like Star Trek Discovery, Better Call Saul and others). So people from the US have to wait until NBC decides to put it there

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
It's all there. At least that's how I watched the show. I didn't watch it on cable.

For me, the last season was actually the weakest, but the Finale itself was phenomenal.

Only the first three seasons are available on Netflix US. Episodes 9-13 are available on Hulu. Had to borrow my parent's cable subscription to watch the first eight episodes.

Lilyth

Sep 13, 2019
I really didn't like it and found it philosophically empty. The show was good, regardless.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
It was very touching. Eleanor was such a great character and watching her go was really beautiful. Also felt really bad for Janet because she'd be there forever.

Not the best ending, but still very nice. I can't remember, but did anyone try to frame it as suicide?

OP
OP
SixtyFourBlades

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It was very touching. Eleanor was such a great character and watching her go was really beautiful. Also felt really bad for Janet because she'd be there forever.

Not the best ending, but still very nice. I can't remember, but did anyone try to frame it as suicide?
I don't think anyone framed like that in the show. It certainly was framed like that by posters in OT and in this very thread.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting for the last season to hit Netflix. But by the first three seasons, I'm putting this show as among my favorite shows of all time, right next to the Wonder Years.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know how the hell The Good Place was going to stick the landing with the ending, but it was perfect.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of this show made me realize my relationship with my wife was over and it was time to move on...

That's not a fucking joke

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
It got me emotional as well, it had been a while since I had seen that good of an ending to a TV show.

I like the Six Feet Under mentions as well, that remains the GOAT of series finales imo, but The Good Place was amazing in its own right.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people feel the need to tell us how much you hated the show when the topic is about the series finale

Like...move on. No one needs to hear about how much you didn't like it
Because hearing other opinions is better than circle jerks?

Anyway I didn't cry but it was one of my favorite shows in recent memory. I looked forward to it weekly on Hulu.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm late here but we just finished this tonight. Chidi's ending was an emotional wallop. Completely emotionally wrecked me. Talking about the Buddhist thinking of death as a wave returning to the ocean sent me over the edge. Phenomenally moving.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018

Anyway I didn't cry but it was one of my favorite shows in recent memory. I looked forward to it weekly on Hulu.
Stating on topic and not derailing the tone of the thread to air a contrarian opinion isn't circlejerking

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I wasn't expecting much from this show and got hooked FAST after a friend recommended it.

The ending and the lead up are just incredible to me.
The writers went places I did not expect at all from this show. And yeah I had tears in my eyes for the last several episodes. It was happy and sad at the same time. Heart warming and heart wrenching. Such a mix of emotions all at once.
I've never experienced this in a show before and haven't since. I still think about it to this day. Now if I could convince my husband to watch it with me :/

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017

I don't have a lot of love for insubstantial drive-bys like this:
Nah, show was overall pretty terrible. Schur's a hack.
Which seems to be a lot of the dissent that is voiced in what are otherwise supposed to be bandwagons/hypetrains. But I agree, if someone opens a thread it means they want to encourage discussion, and that means voices of disapproval.

I really, really enjoyed The Good Place. Loved the chemistry and cast, who elevated the show to incredible heights when the writing didn't always bring the A-game.

I didn't care for the self-important forced gravitas of the cast Q&A that was tacked onto the final episode of the series (and Kristin Bell's euphemistic "our creator" verbiage that was too clever for anyone's good).

The only thing that bothered me was that the final season backend rushed the "we need a way out" revelation. I just wish it had happened a season earlier and maybe we skipped some of the reincarnation storyline. I might be misremembering the reincarnation arc though.

But ultimately it was a very smart and thoughtful show that got in, did its thing, and then got out. I hope broadcast networks spend more time experimenting with 10 episode season premium series like this one, especially if it means we get more adventurous material.