• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

The world is already overpopulated

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
I've always thought there was some number of kids where, man, you only have so much of yourself to go 'round right, that at some point you can't give them all the attention they need. Maybe that's judgemental. But yeah I judge anyone with more than three kids, like, stop already. We had two and man, that took everything from me, in the best way, but for fuck's sake, we don't need that many people goin' round. I'm good at just replacing yourself and your spouse, no net gain.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
No... I'm one of four boys, and my Mum always hated this (quite rude) question from people.

"Oh did you want a girl?"

Like... we're right here guys.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sounds kinda irresponsible to me but I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Four kids seems like a miserable nightmare to me as is.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I have never understood the desire for a certain sex, even when you have the same sex for several kids.

They are kids, what you can do with a girl you can do with a boy parenting wise.

Oct 28, 2017
Jeez I don't even want one. How do ppl do this? I love my personal time way too much than to worry about 3-4 extra ppl making life hectic for me too with all their problems and stuff.

To each their own.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
To all of those saying adopt is it an easy process in the US? Surely gender selection would be easier if the OP is adamant about having a girl.

Im in the UK and had friends going through the adoption process recently and it sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
There are millions of children living in foster care all over the world who are looking to find parents that will love and care for them.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
iirc the more you have of one gender the more likely it is that the next is the same gender.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well my mum is 3rd of 4 girls and 1 boy (youngest I think), so my grandparents probably tried :d if you can afford it I don't see why not.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Keep having kids until the genders balance out. As the number of kids approach infinite, the gender balance should approach 1.
What if OP has some sort of overpowered Y Chromosome that always wins out during Meiosis? What if he's doomed to only ever produce male offspring?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
An coworker of mine wanted a boy. He now have 7 daughters. Don't take the risk.

If you really want a girl, adopt one, at least you'd be sure to get one this way.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
What if you get twin boys?
You should let someone else try.
Do you want five boys?
At least you don't have to pay for any weddings.
you could trade two of them for a girl instead.
OP how many of those boys were had just because you wanted a girl? be honest...
Be prepared to tell your fifth son hes a disappointment.
cadL5Ms.jpg

Don't risk it for a fifth child OP!
My cousin had three girls and wanted to try for a boy. You know what she got? Twin girls. The lesson here is: never try.
If you want a 5th son, sure, go for it
enough is enough man
This is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen lmao

Oct 30, 2017
A guy I worked with years ago had three daughters. His wife just "had to try" for a boy. They had twin girls. So yea 5 girls. Yikes.

Nov 9, 2017
Best decision is not to come to EtcetEra for any major family related personal decisions. Main person you should be discussing with is your wife.

lemming

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this thread as I am thinking about MAYBE having one kid is definitelly something else!

OP, are you are ok with:
- the additional time and resource constraints;
- is willing to share the responsabilities and not overburden your partner;
- will love whoever comes out as the fifth kid, even if it turns out male;
- attempt to minimize your family's carbon footprint

... sure... go ahead... I guess ?

Adoption seems like a sound alternative as well, considering that you are thinking about this because you want a girl. This won't leave things to chance. I imagine there are a lot of baby girls seeking a family within the adoption system of your country.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
Dude I have 3 kids and I haven't had a clean house in years. If I had another I'd lose my mind lol.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Please stop having kids, there is already plenty of people on this world. Consider adoption if you want a girl.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
User Warned: Inappropriate joke
Absolutely go for it. If you do end up with an biological male baby, try raising without the social imposition of gender specific stereotypes. Hopefully the baby will grow up and decide to be identified as a girl. Gender neutral upbringing ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.