• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
cadL5Ms.jpg

Don't risk it for a fifth child OP!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The thought of dooming a kid to a lifetime of student debt is enough to keep me from having 1 kid, let alone 5.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
math checks out OP, give it a shot
Even if it didn't, it would be a valuable preal world experiment to see if the distribution of biological sex is actually 50/50 or if there's environmental factors causing the OP to only have boys. It'd be a breakthrough if such a thing was found.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4 Guys and a Girl Burgers and Fries just doesn't flow as well.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh and off topic but loved the OP's tag in the other place

lol

I dunno why I remember such stupid things

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Can you support then?

If that's not a problem and you really want a girl go for it.

I have 2 girls, and they are the best thing ever.

Oct 25, 2017
You're making some terrible assumptions here.

Absolutely not. No one can devote much personal attention to 5 goddamn children. People get an average of 2 hours a night with their kids after school and work etc. That's like 15 minutes a day per child, if that when you consider other work that needs to be done and personal energy levels. I have 2 and barely feel like I can give them the attention they deserve and I come from a family of 6 where I know my parents couldn't actually do shit with us. I honestly gave up trying to have any actual relationship with my parents due to it.

No one should have more than 4 kids and three is honestly hard unless you're literally relying on other people to raise your children for you, which is bullshit in and of itself.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
My cousin had three girls and wanted to try for a boy. You know what she got? Twin girls. The lesson here is: never try.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is something you should probably discuss with your SO.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you AND your wife want another one... yeah? But don't think the next one is going to be a girl because you have already enough boys.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen families do this before. Sometimes they end up with a house full of boys before they call it quits. Or sometimes they end up as families of like 3+ boys and one youngest daughter.

Trying again in the hopes of getting a daughter is up to you, but I'd only do it if you're okay with getting another boy, or even twins. There's a chance of either one happening, and you have to be okay with that possibility.

At some point you may need to stop before a house full of boys eat you out of the house. With four boys, you're already going to have your hands full keeping them fed when they hit puberty.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanna throw this out there, our Foster/Adoption system is completely overpopulated and if you are serious about wanting a girl, consider adopting for fostering so that you know for certain you get a girl (although Foster system works differently depending on what state you are in).

I know its a lot of work, but OP sounds well enough to handle it. Just something to consider, GL either way my guy!

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely dependent on how much your and your partner are prepared to have another child and how much you want a daughter.

What answer do you want?

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
I have 2 girls and thought about trying for a boy but deep down inside I know if just be outnumbered even more so we decided to fold on that idea

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I can only speak anecdotally, but my girlfriend was the youngest of four sisters and often felt growing up that her parents had essentially "given up" and left her to raise herself. I see every child as a 30 year investment, minimum.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
you should ask the person who's obligated to carry this kid for nine months what she wants maybe

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely not. No one can devote much personal attention to 5 goddamn children. People get an average of 2 hours a night with their kids after school and work etc. That's like 15 minutes a day per child, if that when you consider other work that needs to be done and personal energy levels. I have 2 and barely feel like I can give them the attention they deserve and I come from a family of 6 where I know my parents couldn't actually do shit with us. I honestly gave up trying to have any actual relationship with my parents due to it.

No one should have more than 4 kids and three is honestly hard unless you're literally relying on other people to raise your children for you, which is bullshit in and of itself.

You're projecting your own experiences onto OP, which isn't fair. I came from a family of 7 kids and we can all line up and tell you that we had attentive parents who knew us each individually and knew how to spend meaningful time with us. Same for my siblings who have kids of their own. Not everyone manages their time and attention the same way.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Mod edit: removed for potential thread derail

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel like we are drowning with just two kids. I can't imagine surviving with that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.