• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
This will take something special to top the large house with all the taxidermy animals

*checks* oh yeah... that'll do it

a989e6e9f5569c5a4fd6a58a9ce8af71l-m8xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

not just cursed, but malevolent

Nov 1, 2017
"What kind of home decor are you looking for overall?"

"I want something that says 'gentrified zombie cannibal family really into deli meats'."

"Say no more. And for the kitchen?"

"I want forensic blood spatter analysts to feel at home."

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
The worst DIY job. Assuming its a traditional couple responsible for this, the husband did all the carpentry and installation and the wife loves her textures and fabrics. Also assuming both are embracing schizophrenia with those patterns and shapes.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it's not so much it's creepy/scary my brain just can't comprehend what it's seeing, as others have said it's like those AI generated things

kind of surprised it hasn't been bought, remodeled and flipped yet assuming it's a decent area

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
I want to see the write up of the former owners…are they still alive? What were they thinking?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It looks like the set for a cheap 60s/70s horror film. Where, like, the set designer had $20 and two days to build a house so they just panic-built it out of whatever they could find at the local dump.

syllogism

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see the write up of the former owners…are they still alive? What were they thinking?
Synkov himself still lives there and he mostly did the designs and was the team leader for the renovation project. The project also included PhD and undergraduate students and some engineers. It took over 4 years. Again these project pdfs are worth a read

They've been trying to sell it since at least 2008.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Synkov himself still lives there and he mostly did the designs and was the team leader for the renovation project. The project also included PhD and undergraduate students and some engineers. Again these project pdfs are worth a read

Hmmm…quite interesting, I'll give those docs a read. Such strange design choices…

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
This must have just been used in a horror movie.

I refuse to believe someone actually lived in it like this.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
It does have a soviet-era dacha, half destroyed by fire, vibe so the guy was probably just nostalgic.

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It looks like a house from a 90's FMV game; the kitchen particularly looks like one of those weird AI images, where you can't identify any object and it fills you with existential dread.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
The owner clearly thought they were very artsy and could glam up pretty much every surface on the home. Once I saw the fabric wrapped around the banister supporting posts I thought, "Uh huh, ok, clearly the person just had a compulsion."

The tree-zebo in the back in the only part of the house that I think looks actually kind of nice.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming those carvings open a portal to hell. No other reason for that much work

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks a lot. Scrolling through these pictures caused my apartment to become haunted.

a989e6e9f5569c5a4fd6a58a9ce8af71l-m28xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

blair witch was born in the swingin 60's!

Holy crap. The ceiling has a terrified screaming face on it. This house is not feeling well at all.

Edit: This house needs therapy.

124e13a5-45b5-4a49-bjfjlt.jpeg

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I went in to this expecting something crazy but this is so freaking weird. It looks like those AI generated images that are filled with familiar yet unrecognizable objects. Has anyone said that yet?? Because that's the exact vibe.

Feb 2, 2019
I would pay to hear the whole story behind this.
I don't mean much, but i'd definitely pay something.

I need to know the history of this house.

Straight out of a nightmare

It's an an artistic masterpiece...each room has a poem written for it too. More at this article: https://slate.com/culture/2016/10/appalling-zillow-listing-is-also-american-dream.html

and below:

Synkov himself still lives there and he mostly did the designs and was the team leader for the renovation project. The project also included PhD and undergraduate students and some engineers. It took over 4 years. Again these project pdfs are worth a read

Also fun fact, the owners, Nikolay and his wife, drive a car with an inflatable Minion pirate and dragon attached to its roof as a trenchant critique of Russian president Vladimir Putin...

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
90 year old couple spends 20 years decorating house, but have no artistic talent and even less taste

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
a989e6e9f5569c5a4fd6a58a9ce8af71l-m11xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Do not go up there.
That's where the resident evil will jump scare you into falling down the stairs before adding you to its collection of leaking meat paintings.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I felt very uneasy watching the pictures.

Seriously, is it because of the human skin looking walls or because they hired a forensics photographer to take pictures of the house. I thought I was going to see a beheaded corpse with "JESUS WEPT" written in the wall with blood as I kept scrolling the gallery.