• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will we get a Time runs out with the Fox universe?

• Fox universe canonically going to die onscreen in mcu

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Fox universe only vaguely mentioned no on screen hijinks

Votes: 77 59.7%

• Total voters

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Don't Talk about leaked info about any unreleased MCU Content This thread is speculation only based on Wanda vision's latest episode.

I think We are getting Incursions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first thought that marvel would never reference the fox universe directly but now I have a feeling that with Quick silvers popping up the Fox universe is Totally going to canonically Die off to an incursion just like the Ultimate Marvel universe Died.

Doctor Strange is supposed to be a horror movie and I bet we are going to get terrifying scenes of old X-men universe characters Death with only a few like Deadpool making it out alive.

TO clarify I think this happens post WandaVision Not in WandaVision

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be weird to kill off a universe in the show BEFORE the movie about the multiverse, but maybe after that?

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Nah. Deadpool is coming. Xmen and F4 are coming. Multiverse is too convenient of a way to explain the Disney/Fox merger of properties. You don't dismiss something like that away so easily.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
In one of the movies, probably, not in the show.

Also expect the Charlie Cox cameo in Spider-Man 3 to do little more than confirm the Netflix shows are in their own universe separate from the MCU.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Deadpool is coming. Xmen and F4 are coming. Multiverse is too convenient of a way to explain the Disney/Fox merger of properties. You don't dismiss something like that away so easily.

Thing about Deadpool is that because it's Deadpool there is literally no wrong answer to explain why he's now in the MCU.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
They would be incursions in name only without the Illuminati, and especially Reed Richards. I also expect the X-Men to be recast in general by the time they get an actual MCU flick.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's as simple as implanting the real Pietro's memories/personality onto some other rando, since Wanda can't actually raise the dead. That rando just happens to look like Evan Peters.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They arent getting to the incursions, the actual death of the other universes, just yet. They are probably just introducing them there and in the upcoming Dr Strange and Spider Man 3 movies. We wont get the actual incursions, and then Secret Wars, until at least another Avengers movie is on the table.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I still feel like Evan Peters casting is a meta inclusion and not actually his Fox Quicksilver character. I think we'll get some multiverse stuff set up but nothing huge until after the Doctor Strange movie.

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
They arent getting to the incursions, the actual death of the other universes, just yet. They are probably just introducing them there and in the upcoming Dr Strange and Spider Man 3 movies. We wont get the actual incursions, and then Secret Wars, until at least another Avengers movie is on the table.
I admit I am probably jumping the gun thinking we will get fox characters in Dr. Strange.

But I can see a post Fantastic 4 introduction of the X-men through a Secret Wars show or movie were we see the last days of the Fox universe.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I admit I am probably jumping the gun thinking we will get fox characters in Dr. Strange.

But I can see a post Fantastic 4 introduction of the X-men through a secret wars show or movie
Yea, thats them introducing the other universes. The incursions were when two alternate universes actually collided and killed off each other. The final incursion was the main marvel universe (616) and the Ultimate universe colliding. When that happened a bunch of heroes were whisked away in a life raft and wound up on Doctor Doom's Battleworld.

So they will be introducing all these FOX and Sony movie characters and worlds in the movies and shows as we go. But in awhile im sure they will have everyone battle.

It seems like were getting FOX X-Men characters like Quicksilver in Wanda, then the SONY Spider-Man characters, in Spider-Man 3. Not sure what Dr. Strange will have, but its clrealy going to explain the multiverse to people. Then theres the theory that Chris Evans will be back as Human Torch, rather than Cap, in the future for a cameo or something.

Really hoping Charlie Cox will be playing the actual MCU Daredevil, rather than just playing the Netflix version, but that would be a good excuse to recast if they wanted to I guess.

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's as simple as implanting the real Pietro's memories/personality onto some other rando, since Wanda can't actually raise the dead. That rando just happens to look like Evan Peters.

Would they really pay Evan Peters' fee (in an already expensive production) for something that essentially just amounts to a massive wink at the audience?

I'm undecided on how things will play out (I certainly don't expect the incursions and on-screen death of the Fox universe though) but I don't think they've used Peters' for an Easter egg.

Plus this was framed as a big reveal, for Marvel to turnaround next episode with a SIKE ITS A PRANK BRO... it wouldn't go down well.

It's Evan Peters for a reason.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Wanda warping reality and blending two entirely different universes is easier to work with than realities crashing into each other with Earth as the focal point with only one surviving.

She grabbed a Pietro from across the multiverse. Simple and clean.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I have a theory that it's a demon
A dancing demon,
No something isn't right there.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

As for the theory. Nah. It's way too early for that sort of thing.

We had 50+ years of Marvel Comics before that was done.

The similar idea Crisis on Infinite Earths over at DC didn't happen till 50 years of DC comics.

Even if you want to say accelerated timeline because real world and all its still to early. There wouldn't be enough build up unless they didn't pay it off for 5 more phases.

There single issues of the Incursion plot in the comics that could be a movie on its own.

There are also not enough pieces in place to do it. Three of the Four biggest names in the MCU are gone. The MCU is in a rebuilding phase. Some old favorites as we introduce the new blood. Their just isn't the investment level with the current casual audience.

Last edited:

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not totally convinced yet that Evan Peters in Wandavision is supposed to be the Fox Quicksilver. I think it's more that he's representing the wrong Quicksilver. Like, I don't expect him to stick around in-universe as a representative from another reality. Whatever is responsible for Westview is just presenting him as an imperfect simulacrum of what Wanda wants.

She grabbed a Pietro from across the multiverse. Simple and clean.

This, I could buy too.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Incursions is the best crossover story they haven't done yet so I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Would be a great way to move some pieces around the board too, like dumping Deadpool, Fox Pietro, or Huge Jackedman into the MCU, or yeeting Tom Holland when the Sony contract is up.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Would they really pay Evan Peters' fee (in an already expensive production) for something that essentially just amounts to a massive wink at the audience?

I'm undecided on how things will play out (I certainly don't expect the incursions and on-screen death of the Fox universe though) but I don't think they've used Peters' for an Easter egg.

Plus this was framed as a big reveal, for Marvel to turnaround next episode with a SIKE ITS A PRANK BRO... it wouldn't go down well.

And the reason is we're going to get a Pietro vs Pietro standoff that shows just how pervasive Wanda's reality warps are, thus leading into Dr. Strange 2.

edit: If this isn't it, you owe me $5. If I'm right, you owe me $60.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually all about Bully McGuire coming into reality to knock some sense into these MCU losers

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thing about Deadpool is that because it's Deadpool there is literally no wrong answer to explain why he's now in the MCU.

All Deadpool 3 needs to do is start with a Fresh Prince intro where Deadpool takes a cab to the MCU and that will be enough for all MCU and Deadpool fans.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they got Evan Peters for an Easter egg in the show that coincidentally leads into one movie called "Multiverse of Madness" and another that is also confirmed to have multiverse shenanigans. One way or another, that is FoX-Men Quicksilver.

So now my question is how do different universes blend that have different laws of physics? Because didn't DoFP establish that Fox's universe had "bullshit Back to the Future" time travel?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
All Deadpool 3 needs to do is start with a Fresh Prince intro where Deadpool takes a cab to the MCU and that will be enough for all MCU and Deadpool fans.

I want him to say he's always been there, and cut to a montage of him poorly inserted into scenes from MCU films.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it could be a devil, since Mephisto might be involved. It's definitely a witch, because, Wanda. It kinda is a someone dreaming, as in, Wanda's dreams are becoming reality.

I wonder if bunnies are somehow going to be involved.

Telcius

Sep 21, 2020
So the multiverse thing makes more sense than what I was thinking. I was thinking earlier in the episode that the high levels of radiation in the town was going to turn people into the mutants from X-men. There was that moment when the X-rays on Monica Rambeau didn't come out and the blood sample was bad or something. I was thinking Monica is going to become Storm which would be cool. I think she's done a good performance so far.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I desperately need Vision to be Chandler Bing before the entire premise goes to shit.

"Could I BE any more dead???"

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. He's gonna the Mandarin pt 2, it's a curveball playing with traditional imagery. He's gonna either be a normal person that's under a spell or he's gonna be related to (or is) the big bad of the show.

Just like the multiverse tease in Far From Home, it's part of the tweeeeest for when the multiverse pops off in Doctor Strange and SM3.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017

They did just do this tho. "Its all Wanda" next episode, "Actually... ya see...".

I could just as easily see evan peters playing a rando who's mind warped into Quicksilver. I wouldn't rule anything out right now.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
They did just do this tho. "Its all Wanda" next episode, "Actually... ya see...".

I could just as easily see evan peters playing a rando who's mind warped into Quicksilver. I wouldn't rule anything out right now.

The Wanda thing is shaping the narrative though, it isn't stunt casting.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't Talk about leaked info about any unreleased MCU Content This thread is speculation only based on Wanda vision's latest episode.

I think We are getting Incursions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first thought that marvel would never reference the fox universe directly but now I have a feeling that with Quick silvers popping up the Fox universe is Totally going to canonically Die off to an incursion just like the Ultimate Marvel universe Died.

Doctor Strange is supposed to be a horror movie and I bet we are going to get terrifying scenes of old X-men universe characters Death with only a few like Deadpool making it out alive.

TO clarify I think this happens post WandaVision Not in WandaVision
Fox bad except 💰 🦸‍♂️
Sony good
Universal 🤷‍♂️

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too soon for incursions, we don't even know how long the multiverse stuff will stay in play before they shelve it.