• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
For violin (fiddling technique specifically): Devil Came Down to Georgia. Not sure how whimsical that is considered though.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Lindsey Stirling is pretty much right in this wheelhouse.

And I'm not really sure if either of these are what you are looking for but here goes:

Holly Williams - "Sick Joy"

Okkyung Lee(yeah she is a cellist, sue me) - "Kung"

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Anyone else remeber the Guilty Gear MOBA game?
Holy Orders 3 (Be Just or be Dead) from Guilty Gear 2 : Overture.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
May I introduce you to my favorite modern artist, Kishi Bashi. Only person i see live, who comes to town about once a year.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
You'd probably like stg.

You'd probably also like Ashley MacIssac.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody has mentioned one of the greatest violin pieces ever written and performed?

Paganini - Caprice 24 in A Minor

Widely considered to be the hardest solo violin piece written. Master violinists try to perfect this one for years, only to fail miserably.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, surprised no one has mentioned Owen Pallett. In addition to being a very unique queer solo artist, everyone has probably heard his work in films and in orchestra production albums from bands/artists like Arcade Fire, Taylor Swift, Frank Ocean, Linkin Park, Titus Andronicus, Majical Cloudz, Caribou,etc.

Fun fact, he used to go by Final Fantasy for all his work. I still have his first debut vinyl that has the name a Final Fantasy, this was later changed to Owen Pallett.

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Nobody has mentioned one of the greatest violin pieces ever written and performed?

Paganini - Caprice 24 in A Minor

Widely considered to be the hardest solo violin piece written. Master violinists try to perfect this one for years, only to fail miserably.
Yup, Paganini should've been the first reply. He's the embodiment of OP's 'fast-paced violin'.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the fastest pianos look no further than CosMo's Oceanus, his songs's note sheets can look incomprehensible at times bc of how much stuff he crams onto his songs (as standard with modern Japanese maximalism):

As for the fastest violins, here's xi's Halcyon: