• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"This is the first time we've had the same Link before."
the-slap-gif-6.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't blame him
because nothing makes any sense in the timeline =P

Like you remember that you killed Ganon as an adult in ocarina, why is the guy in majora's a kid without any items ?

The link in Link to the Past has pink hair, the link in Link Between Worlds and Link's Awakening don't
Hell, Link's Awakening might not even be canon theorically =P

Wind Waker's ending is pretty bad in telling that the oceans have decreased, so it is pretty normal to think that a sequel with lots of land is not related.

Nobody cares about minish cap and the ones with more than one link ='(

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Like you remember that you killed Ganon as an adult in ocarina, why is the guy in majora's a kid without any items ?
While this is ultimately time travel shenanigans, it should be obvious if you paid attention to the credits of OoT.

The link in Link to the Past has pink hair, the link in Link Between Worlds and Link's Awakening don't
Hell, Link's Awakening might not even be canon theorically =P
He doesn't, it's a palette limitation. All official artwork has brown hair.

ALBW takes place long after ALttP anyway, they're separate Links.
Wind Waker's ending is pretty bad in telling that the oceans have decreased, so it is pretty normal to think that a sequel with lots of land is not related.
They haven't. Link and Tetra go find land elsewhere.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
It may be the same Link but wait till you find out that you only play Link for the intro and the real protagonist is revealed to be Tingle!

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
It does seem like the first Zelda game where it's incredibly obvious that there's continuity. (I think?)

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Pretty sure Minish Cap and Wind Waker aren't the same Links.

Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks are though.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
Pretty sure Minish Cap and Wind Waker aren't the same Links.

Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks are though.

Nah, just Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks is 100 years after the former two. The only one alive from way back then is Niko. The current listing of "same Link between games" is:

- OoT & MM Link (confirmed in game)

- WW & PH Link (confirmed in game)

- ALttP - OoX - LA Link (per Hyrule Historia, though Hyrule Encyclopedia puts OoX Link as a separate Link and flips OoX and LA's timeline placement)

- ALBW & TFH Link (per Nintendo when they confirmed TFH's timeline placement in Twitter)

- LoZ & AoL Link (per booklet)

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, almost all of them might as well be reboots/alternate universes just going off of what is in the actual games.

They have about as much continuity as Final Fantasy games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
And then there's another Link in Twilight Princess that teaches you cool moves. I think it's implied to be OoT/MM's Link?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, almost all of them might as well be reboots/alternate universes just going off of what is in the actual games.

They have about as much continuity as Final Fantasy games.
This isn't true. The majority of them are direct sequels or prequels to another entry. Only a few are sorts of chronological wild cards, like the Oracle games, BOTW itself, etc.

Nov 1, 2017
I'd be so embarrassed to find this out, I'm seething just thinking about it. Tell your "friend" (and I use that word very loosely here) that you are no longer comfortable associating with that kind of disregard for basic decency. They should honestly be ashamed of themselves because there's no excuse for anyone in 2021 to be displaying that kind of ignorance. How can someone lack such awareness? Honestly I'm at a loss for words. I better not catch your friend here OP because the Master Sword on my wall has a big list of names...and it just got a little longer.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Well this thread turned into a shitshow of arseholes.

He didnt fricking dox the guy, calm down

Carry on OP, you have fun with yer mates and ignore the internet snarksters

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Boy if you don't break his Switch... fake ass fan. Tell us he called Link "Zelda" and we will all believe you

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of denial some Zelda fans display to pretend there is no Zelda timeline is incredible

I think more people would still be into the Zelda timeline if Nintendo didn't completely botch the whole "official version".

When they decided there was a secret 3rd ending to OoT. it was like what even is there to discuss if they can make up things that don't happen in the gameplay.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Every time I read a "find new friends" post I can't tell if it's directed at OP or OP's friend.