• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Its so fucking rude imo. Subjective of course. it just sounds so arrogant. Like we are already having a conversation. You dont need to reiterate that you are speaking. I can hear you. And if you want my attention because i look distracted is it so hard to say "can i have your full attention for a second" but usually its not even because the person isnt being attentive. its just a jackass way of speaking.

anything similar irk you?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
"Listen OP Listen Listen Listen"

maxresdefault.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
listen, sometimes people want to emphasize a point, there's no implication that you weren't listening before

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
What about at the ends of sentences?

Can we meet at the middle and put "Listen"? at the end of sentences?

I think we should collaborate and listen.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I do have something like this. When people say "Enter *something that changes everything*". Like... "Enter Future Toilets". It's lame!!! Stop it!

Also the word utilize. Fuck me. Just say uses. It's the same word just bigger and cumbersome!!!

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hate when people start replies with ''what?''
Its so fucking rude imo. Subjective of course. it just sounds so arrogant. Like we are already having a conversation. You don't need to state that you are not listening. I can hear you so you should hear me. And if you want my inattention because i look interested in talking is it so hard to say "can i tune out for a second" but usually its not even because the person isnt being attentive. its just a jackass way of speaking.

when people talk for a while and someone replies ''what?'' as if they didn't listen to anything it bothers me even in fiction, just drop the ''what?'' as soon as you need to communicate you're not listening

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
It became a meme in my old FFXIV raid group that if someone starts a statement with "Listen," that it's going to be blatant lies afterward.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I find "you know?" at the end of a sentence to kind of be a little bit rude sometimes. If someone is explaining how to do something to me then no, I don't actually "know." That's why I asked you haha.