• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
I feel like replaying Crisis Core FF7 before the remake in March. I own a PS3, PS4, and Vita. Yet crisis core has received no rerelease or remaster, nor is it available digitally. I had to get a PSP off ebay Just to play the game. I really hate that. I know the reason for it is licensing issues related to the music in the game or something, but I still hate it. I know there's other games locked to consoles like this, and it drives me mad. Lot of PS3 games i think.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
As a fan of middling licensed games, I have had to come to terms with the fact that unless PS5 institutes full generational BC, I'll never play them again.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. Persona 4 Golden still being chained to the Vita's fetid corpse is just criminal at this point.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I play alot of retro games and i enjoy that. Part of the fun is playing on the origional hardware.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
p4 Golden, LoZ Skyward Sword and Eternal Sonata are my entries in this T.T

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed, it's stupid. I love how Microsoft has embraced backward compatibility. Now I can revisit so many great older games. I love the convenience.

Sony needs to get on board with this.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Emulators are your friend in these situations, if you own a PC. You can buy the game then enjoy improved resolution and emulator features.

I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles more at 1080p with a x3 speed toggle than I would have playing it on an actual Wii.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
In this specific instance, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Crisis Core forms part of the remake.

Although I agree with the sentiment.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Luckily most games I like I can find on one of the virtual consoles my systems have. The biggest exceptions though would be Pac Man Adventures in Time and All Stars, which were released in 2000/2002 but haven't been re released on modern systems.

Ori also comes to mind, at least Blind Forest was ported but I guess I'll have to wait for Will of the Wisps.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So this is just Port Begging: The Thread. Then I want Mario Odyssey on PS4 or XB1.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
not really. I'd be happy enough for older games to get a digital rerelease, crisis core is locked to one console or emulators.

I get it. Mario Odyssey is locked to one console too. It'd be great if every game was on every system. But there are these forum rules that kind of prevent us from talking about it, so I'm just saying, I'm glad there's a thread where we can.

Oct 26, 2017
The few remaining Wii U exclusives would be my choices. They need to be on a system people actually give a fuck about

I get it. Mario Odyssey is locked to one console too. It'd be great if every game was on every system. But there are these forum rules that kind of prevent us from talking about it, so I'm just saying, I'm glad there's a thread where we can.
You know what the OP means. Don't be deliberately obtuse. He's obviously talking about games stuck on no longer active systems

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
So this is just Port Begging: The Thread. Then I want Mario Odyssey on PS4 or XB1.
not really. it makes sense that some games are exclusive to a company, but it doesn't make sense that I can't play said game if I own the latest console of said company. that's my take.

like, do I want Jeanne D'arc on Switch? Sure, but it's more realistic to want to play it on the ps5

locked games on the same ecosystem is shitty af. handheld titles are the biggest kiis, since Sony stepped away from that AND nintendo has absolutely no BC system on the Switch

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Emulators are your friend in these situations, if you own a PC. You can buy the game then enjoy improved resolution and emulator features.

I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles more at 1080p with a x3 speed toggle than I would have playing it on an actual Wii.

How does he plug his purchased game into the emulator?

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User banned (3 days): threadwhining, trolling and driving thread derail over multiple posts
You know what the OP means. Don't be deliberately obtuse. He's obviously talking about games stuck on no longer active systems

Yes. He wants a port of Crisis Core on a console he currently has hooked up. He's practically begging for it. :) I'll shut up, but that's what this is.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's an unpopular opinion but inaccessibility gives them more charm and obscurity as the time pases so I kinda like it 😅

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Some people will come in in bad faith and act like OP is talking about first party exclusives when the point is more about games that for, whatever reason, are "trapped" on old or unpopular consoles, whether it be due to licensing issues or what have you, and as a result end up overlooked by a vast majority of the game playing audience.

Like, shit, I'd trade the shiny new Dissidia for the old Dissidia 012 on PSP. That was a good ass game.
As a fan of middling licensed games, I have had to come to terms with the fact that unless PS5 institutes full generational BC, I'll never play them again.
Honestly that Battle for Bikini Bottom is getting a remake and that a handful of those Disney Genesis games got a re-release seems like a small miracle, to me, and those are the already popular ones. Good fucking luck if you wanna ever see an official release of, say, Jurassic Park Rampage Edition ever again.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
I do feel bad for all the people who have no access to Persona 4 Golden. I guess I've just gotten used to the massive inconvenience of losing games across generations. I'd kill for Nintendo to bring back Virtual Console though and/or to include a Netflix-like subscription option.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Yes, OP, it sucks. It's why everything should be on PC.

Speaking of PS5 backwards compatibility, I keep hearing people say they're expectng FULL backwards comptability - so including the PS3.

... But what about all that talk about the PS3 being super special and complicated with all those cells? The reason there was no PS3 games on PS4 without buying remasters. What changed now? Other than they already sold the remasters. Guess they cracked it now huh?

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
I feel like replaying Crisis Core FF7 before the remake in March. I own a PS3, PS4, and Vita. Yet crisis core has received no rerelease or remaster, nor is it available digitally. I had to get a PSP off ebay Just to play the game. I really hate that. I know the reason for it is licensing issues related to the music in the game or something, but I still hate it. I know there's other games locked to consoles like this, and it drives me mad. Lot of PS3 games i think.

Yeah this drives me up the wall because Crisis Core was the only good spinoff for VII

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing are the two "Golden Age" Rare games lost to the ages.

Now, I do think the original, unaltered version of DKR with Banjo and Conker intact can be brought back for Switch considering Nintendo's positive enough relationship with Microsoft (though admittably, the first step is for Nintendo to even do anything with N64 games), but by the sounds of things, Goldeneye seems to be a complete copyright quagmire.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm overjoyed at all the Wii U to Switch ports and deluxe editions since it was an excellent library trapped on a dead system. Just need to rescue a few more, Nintendo! Namely, SM3DW and the Zelda remasters.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
How does he plug his purchased game into the emulator?

Pretty much every console that can be emulated can be relatively easily hacked, which makes the process of dumping your game discs simple. That, of course, necessitates you to own the original hardware in most cases though. Some systems, like PS1/PS2/PS3, Wii, etc, can be dumped on PC if you have the right optical drives for those however.