• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually threw up when Abby bit off Ellie's fingers and spat them out. I legitimately hurled in front of my TV in my living room. That was disgusting and immediately soured an awesome experience for me. I'll never play this amazing game again and I hope that for TLOU3 that Naughty Dog tones it down.

lol, you have to be joking.

1. it's a videogame.

2. How can you stomach any media if something like that causes your to hurl? God help you if you watch anything from Lord of the Rings to The Boys.

3. The violence was perfectly fine and I really liked how the game showcased the damage you did to enemies in a realistic way. I hate that so many games don't even have blood or bullet holes when you shoot people.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
maxresdefault.jpg
This is whats wrong with Last of Us 2.
It's funny because despite Ellie looking as good as she did on the PS3 her new model makes the old model look less human.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Think if a game I enjoyed made me puke out of something the game did I'd hold it in even higher regard tbh. Silent Hill 2 fucked with my sleep paralysis so bad I got it every day for a week straight. It was terrifying but still awesome, whether it had an influence or not.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
The game is set in the post apocalypse. It's not meant to be seen as normal at all.
I get that and to be fair maybe this game does it properly. It's has violence in the right place and deals with it in a proper way. I was just making a general comment about violence in games and how people find it 'cool'.

Graphic violence is not meant to be cool. I am not saying games shouldn't ever have such violence but the gaming community's attitude towards it is wrong.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Not sure what there is to say. If anyone says it wasn't too much for them, that doesn't change your experience 🤷🏻‍♂️

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I also don't understand that Ellie pic, she looks way better in that 2 cutscene so not sure how that's a bad thing.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
lol, you have to be joking.

1. it's a videogame.

2. How can you stomach any media if something like that causes your to hurl? God help you if you watch anything from Lord of the Rings to The Boys.

3. The violence was perfectly fine and I really liked how the game showcased the damage you did to enemies in a realistic way. I hate that so many games don't even have blood or bullet holes when you shoot people.
Some people just get repulsed by specific things like this. Just because you, and maybe even the majority of players, doesn't mean that those that can't have a problem.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
The game turns into a comedy at the end. Abby gets pulled down from a pole she's tied to and has been tortured for God knows how long. She immediately enters into a fight with Ellie. She wouldn't have energy to take two steps let alone fight anyone.

And Ellie not long before that was impaled by a tree branch while hanging upside down.

Ellie and Abby are secret superheroes. Its the only logical way they do what they do in that game

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Don't you ever watch violent movies or think they shouldn't exist?

But if it affects you to the point of puking, you really should stay away from these games altogether. The only thing that affected me that much was Human Centipede 2, and no way in hell I'm watching 3.

Jan 10, 2018
I was more fascinated by how strong Abby's bite force was. Is it even possible for a human being to bite off one finger? Seems like one of those "movie myths".

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest you writing about it sounds way more graphic and gory than the scene in my mind. I didn't even see Ellies fingers missing until soon after. The scene is so quick and chaotic that it looks like she just bit her fingers.

But if this goes to far for you in a game full of gore and graphic horror that's fine. Everyone has their limit.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The game turns into a comedy at the end. Abby gets pulled down from a pole she's tied to and has been tortured for God knows how long. She immediately enters into a fight with Ellie. She wouldn't have energy to take two steps let alone fight anyone.

And Ellie not long before that was impaled by a tree branch while hanging upside down.

Ellie and Abby are secret superheroes. Its the only logical way they do what they do in that game
Remember in the first game when Joel gets 100% impaled through the stomach, and then is able to walk and stay conscious for like an hour? And then goes for days before a 14 year old perfectly sews him up?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I was more fascinated by how strong Abby's bite force was. Is it even possible for a human being to bite off one finger? Seems like one of those "movie myths".
She didn't actually bite the two fingers off entirely if you look. She fucked them up to the point that Ellie had to completely cut them off.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Excuse me?

" I actually threw up when Abby bit off Ellie's fingers and spat them out. I legitimately hurled in front of my TV in my living room. That was disgusting and immediately soured an awesome experience for me."

tenor.gif

...Yeah I messed up there, my bad; apologies

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day it just sounds as if this type of game isn't for you. And that's ok. It doesn't mean they went too far and should tone things down, however

Jan 10, 2018

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
There's a Japanese movie called Suicide Club that is for lack of a better word, surreal. And it has some graphic stuff in it, that I can handle for the most part. But the only thing that really sticks out in my mind about it now is an absolutely disgusting scene of a woman just casually cutting through her own hand on a kitchen counter like she were cutting meat or vegetables). That one shot is disgusting enough to me that, even thought I thought the movie was fine overall, I'm not sure I'd ever rewatch it because I don't want to see that shot again.

Or for a more well-known example, I can't stomach Home Alone 2 anymore because there's a Donald Trump cameo.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Bite into? Yes but I imagine the connective tissue between the bones may be a bit tricky to chomp clean through in one bite.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Did you play God of War 3? How was that for you?
I mean nothing wrong with not liking ultra-violence. But if you know you feel sick while watching, maybe just don't consume that kind of media?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, did they show when she cut them off? I might've missed that if that's the case.

Hmm... not sure if I want to ask you how you know that. xD
No, but she did off screen. Trying to get a screenshot of the beach, but you can see that they aren't all the way off like when she is back at the farm.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP. While I really enjoyed the first TLOU, I knew that the second just ain't for me seeing how every commercial I saw and all the impressions show it goes to another level of gore. Gore has its place in media and I enjoy it from time to time, but playing a long, seemingly depressing game filled with it is not for me.
How can you stomach any media if something like that causes your to hurl? God help you if you watch anything from Lord of the Rings to The Boys.
I think there's a difference between watching a two hour gore movie and playing a 30+ hour game. It'll end up too much for some and wear them down, which sounds like OP's experience. Emphasis on "some", before someone quotes this with "not me".

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
In terms of what? Joel doomed the human race to save someone that didn't want him to save her and would've consented to sacrificing her life for this if they had just asked her
its easy for me

doomed the human race is over the top especially when a cure was a long shot

Ellies death was possible. They purposely hid the information. No excuses for this behavior at all. Joel loves Ellie and when he goes to them to get Ellie back they don't just let him take her back. They put up a fight and he took those fucks out. Just As He Should.

In Joels shoes I do the same.

Jan 10, 2018
OP, never watch any Tarantino movies. Especially not the latest one (the last 10 min will surely kill you from throwing up too much)

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I'm sorry but this is hilarious. How did you make it 25+ hours in and realize right at the end that it wasn't for you? A ridiculous post.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
People missed the point of this game so hard, people aren't ready to tackle certain topics without going all conservative...

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
No one is the villain

Abby is a vile character.

She is not someone worthy of much forgiveness.

Her acceptance of Lev(whom she owes her life anyway) is not enough of an act to portray her as a good person.

In fact her sensitivity towards Lev's very subtle struggle is completely and entirely at odds with the rest of her character.

I hate that the game does not commit to her being a villain. Its frankly quite distrubing and I am not sure what their intentions are.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
I agree.
Feels like they wanted it to be as brutal and violent as possible just for the sake of it.

The whole game is a major step down compared to the original. The magic was gone.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
The most unsettling violence to me was not in any cutscene but within the gameplay. I am talking about the realistic way that blood spurts out of enemies necks and their last struggle for life before they die.