• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
if you watch cable news, you get bombarded by insurance some good, some meh and some horribl.e

Farmers IMO is the best and the most creative

Allstate is alright with Mayhem and the ones with the voice over with Dennis Haysbert

Geico is cute with the Gecko but not that funny.

But Progressive is horribly bad and awful.
Progressive is so corporate with a fake employee cast with a false corporate subculture which absolutely terrible and the characters are bad.

Am I crazy or insane? I hate Jaimie, Flo and the whole corporate cast of fake employees

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I have a crush on Flo, I don't have a crush on the gecko. Progressive > Geico

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
that one commercial with the whole fleet of them and the girl is protecting the car wearing a tarp against the sprinkler and goes "get ready to switch" is pretty funny

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Most insurance commercials are bad but yeah, progressive > geico. I may be super bias though because I have progressive and one of my biggest clients is a defense firm for them.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Geico is definitely the best out of the big insurance companies. Some of them are so random

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the trifecta of mobile YouTube ads of Chinese emperor sim game, tik tok and boat waifu game that makes me look like a creep in public

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
They really aren't that bad. Was it Progressive that recently spoofed those stupid "real people" car commercials? That one was pretty spot on.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even know Progressive operated in Canada. Or do you just watch US news channels gutter?

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
They are awful but so are almost all commercials. For some reason the chevy ads i really hate that guy is super irritating.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I hate all car insurance ads, but Progressive is the worst.

Can we just nationalize car insurance? These shitlords must make absolute freight trains full of cash profit to be able to assault my eyes and ears with this screeching hell day in and day out. Every fucking commercial break on TV has at least one car insurance ad these days.

Oct 31, 2017
Man, I think the best/funniest insurance commercial on tv right now is the Progressive ad where Jamie and Alan are like "Psh Flo" all badass like then Flo's right there and it just cuts to Jamie sprinting full speed. I don't know why, but I just find it so fucking funny, so no OP, I disagree.

I also like the one where they mock the Chevy ads and the one where they're all in Jamie's house and he's actually a total stud.

I think they are funny because they are somewhat self-aware about their 'corporatist' commercials in just enough way for it to be funny for me.

OP
OP
gutter_trash

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I hate Jamie!!! The worst one is the one where he is orchestrate a rehearsal chorus ... oooooo that is such a bad commercial

vent vent

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I think the best/funniest insurance commercial on tv right now is the Progressive ad where Jamie and Alan are like "Psh Flo" all badass like then Flo's right there and it just cuts to Jamie sprinting full speed. I don't know why, but I just find it so fucking funny, so no OP, I disagree.

I also like the one where they mock the Chevy ads and the one where they're all in Jamie's house and he's actually a total stud.

I think they are funny because they are somewhat self-aware about their 'corporatist' commercials in just enough way for it to be funny for me.

"Run Alan!!!"

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I'll never understand people who allow Madison Avenue to live in their heads rent-free. Enjoying being force-fed this crap is a whole 'nother level of incredulity.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
if you watch cable news, you get bombarded by insurance some good, some meh and some horribl.e

Allstate is alright with Mayhem and the ones with the voice over with Dennis Haysbert

Progressive is so corporate with a fake employee cast with a false corporate subculture which absolutely terrible and the characters are bad.

Am I crazy or insane? I hate Jaimie, Flo and the whole corporate cast of fake employees

OP, how can you mention Insurance commercials without mentioning State Farm? I'd swear they have the most commercials of all of them.

Oct 31, 2017
Yes it's definitely awful to be thinking consciously about fucking insurance commercials, no doubt about it. It happens when you watch too much damn tv or have it in the background. Ads definitely suck, just in general, and to derive some level of enjoyment from them is for sure depressing.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back the Esurance lady!
Yes I know the story don't @ me with that.
a5d0c7aa-bb1e-4a45-8546-ce14932d6419.png

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's easy.
Don't watch the news.

Just watch newsclips on youtube.

Just watching CNN at a friends house and I feel like I need to consult my doctor for 10 different drugs

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Progressive is great. I really dig the car spoof and when Flo meets the that guy's family. The singing at the end makes it all worth it.