• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
ph6tpojfd5y11.jpg

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I don't know if this is better or worse than just the usual "girl stops responding completely or never answers your first message".

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'M SAYING! The instant negative reads on this are driving me bananas.

Exactly. I hate when people do this overused phrase but literally "tell me the door is open without telling me the door is open." Why are we overlooking that the statement was filled with physical and personality compliments then ended with an open-ended statement of hope? Professor X wouldn't even need his powers on this one.

If this was the opener the person is staring at their phone right now like... "Did I fuck up? OP didn't take the hint. Shit."

If OP left out that this was the ender then RIP.

idunno this seems over the top hopeful.

your making it seem like this is one of those instances that men totally miss out on blatently obvious signals put out by women, like that thread we had a month or two ago, or several twitter threads ive seen where men look back and are like oh shit she totally was coming on to me.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Why are we the only ones getting that she's possibly fishing for a positive reply?

I just saw this for the first time, and my immediate response was "So the OP responded right?" "Right?!"

Why would you not respond with something inquiring if she wants to talk or possibly be that person? Nothing changes if they say no/don't respond.

It may just be an honest observation, or it could be an attempt to see if there's a response. It doesn't mean they're interested, also doesn't mean they aren't.

Feb 9, 2018
stolas.gif

Damn, dude. Responding just to tell you she's not interested is... yeesh. I think I'd rather just hear nothing instead of seeing something that got my hopes up just to be disappointed five seconds later. Dating can be awkward and rough. I wouldn't even know where to start and this day and age as so much has changed last time I dated someone. But keep at it. You'll eventually find someone that's actually interested in going out with you.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure that sucks and is a blow to the ego, OP. But it's okay. Next time, use a similar opportunity to respond with some humor or even attempt at flirting. Rejection sucks but it's better to try than not.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
idunno this seems over the top hopeful.

your making it seem like this is one of those instances that men totally miss out on blatently obvious signals put out by women, like that thread we had a month or two ago, or several twitter threads ive seen where men look back and are like oh shit she totally was coming on to me.
It isn't about stereotypes between men and women, to the best of my knowledge the OP never said they were straight, or identified their sex.

It's about reasoning why a person would match with you then out of the blue start with that message as an opener. You have nothing to lose in seeing it from positive angles, as a person fishing for a response, and playing into it.

Confirming the loss can secure the win. Assuming the loss is just taking the loss.