• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Coulda been worse, my first tinder experience was a girl telling me I looked like a murder hobo who makes people into lampshades.

Couldn't even form a response, just had to unmatch and hold the L.
The correct response to that is "Thank you. You look like you'd made an excellent cut corner inverted square bell. We should discuss your preferred wattage over drinks."

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Guess I'm in the minority that would rather get that then being ghosted.

If someone matched and never messaged you, I don't really consider that ghosting you. Probably just one of those people who swipe on everything. I think we're all assuming this was the first message from this match. Just seems unnecessary even if the sender had good intentions.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Ouch, if it makes you feel better I've been on tinder on and off for 6 years and have only had about a dozen matches and only like 3 real convos, have never gotten far enough to even ask them out.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Bro, did we fucking match with the same girl on different apps?!

I shit you not, a girl on Hitch this morning messaged me:
"thanks do the match! I actually found someone so will be deleting this app. Hope you find what you're looking for!".

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I mean, I guess that's sort of nice? Maybe she could hook you up with one of her single friends or something. Strange though.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooof

Back when I was in tinder and the lady I matched up with messaged me first I always assumed it was a bot or someone trying to sell nudes on their Snapchat lol

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
It's really strange how some people will go out of their way to put someone down. I guess it makes them feel good about themselves? Like it's fine to reject someone, but only after if they ask you out or something.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Wha... why? Its like shooting someone but deliberately choosing to shoot them in the gut to make them die as slowly and miserably as possible instead of just putting one in the brain and ending it painlessly.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Wait. What? Why would she even swipe right on you if she wasn't interested. It's like she does it just to see which guys are swiping on her so she can just tell them she's out of their league.

This is why I don't bother with dating apps anymore.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ummm... Just say that you could be the right person for me.

Shooting yourself in the foot, OP.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, bro, got friendzoned on Tinder. I wouldn't worry about it though, lol. Those apps are a scam/numbers game just keep swiping!

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I've had accidental likes when browsing in bed and the phone slipped or when the app locks up. I don't respond in those cases but maybe that's what happened.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
3a7.jpg

Coulda been worse, my first tinder experience was a girl telling me I looked like a murder hobo who makes people into lampshades.

Couldn't even form a response, just had to unmatch and hold the L.
Thats when you say "You would light up my life" and see where the convo goes

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I avoided the whole dating app scene. I'm a boomer who had to deal with rejection to the face and cry in a corner. Swiping a photo of someone seems so shallow.

Don't sweat it OP. Millions of women out there. Just gotta wait it out.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
It's really not as ruthless as most of you are making out, and on the off chance she's one of those indirect people who prefers to fish for a response where the other person has to be the one to make their intentions clear, you might as well reply with something to the effect of "I swiped your profile hoping I already had"

E5zOr5RVcAA5V60

Get in amongst it, lad.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I just re-read the OP. If that's the opening message, it's definitely an invitation to initiate small talk about the Tinder grind.
Exactly. I hate when people do this overused phrase but literally "tell me the door is open without telling me the door is open." Why are we overlooking that the statement was filled with physical and personality compliments then ended with an open-ended statement of hope? Professor X wouldn't even need his powers on this one.

If this was the opener the person is staring at their phone right now like... "Did I fuck up? OP didn't take the hint. Shit."

If OP left out that this was the ender then RIP.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I feel like someone just hit me. Happy trails OP!