• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2019
Yall manage to argue over literally EVERYTHING.

The OP is sad af, and came to vent. And now the thread is on fire.

FFS era, why are we so divided all the fucking time? Why do we hate each other so much?

I dunno, gee, what could it be? What is it that made people be annoyed and bicker?
Perhaps... could it be... could it be because some people went fucking hardcore on a calling a woman they know literally nothing about a bunch of insults culminating in somebody straight-up calling her a succubus?

Gee... I guess we'll never know!

lt.dinh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, gee, what could it be? What is it that made people be annoyed and bicker?
Perhaps... could it be... could it be because some people went fucking hardcore on a calling a woman they know literally nothing about a bunch of insults culminating in somebody straight-up calling her a succubus?

Gee... I guess we'll never know!

Conversely there's a claim that anybody who made judgements of this person are potentially dangerous men, which is a judgment in of itself.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's anything immediately wrong with supporting OP. "Dang, that sucks, hopenyour weekend gets better!" That's a good way to support OP. "Fuck her, she's a horrible person." That says something shitty about someone people know nothing about.

The people posting that latter kind of stuff reinforce all the reasons women feel unsafe telling a man why they're rejecting him. They're horrible people either way, might as well give yourself a running start from a potentially dangerous man.

So she couldn't tell him or text him ?

The dude was supposed to wait there forever?

This is some absolutely terrible, inexcusable behavior. At least text the other person after leaving so they don't sit there alone waiting for you to come back to the date.

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
I'll choose to believe that OP is posting in good faith. If she couldn't explain her reasons in person, then a courtesy text would've sufficed.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its possible she's an inconsiderate person. Its also possible that she has had terrible experiences with dates not taking rejection well and wanted to avoid that kind of situation. Who knows. Not sure why that matters for OP. I'm sure it stings but OP should just try and move on regardless without concerning themselves too much about the reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Rejection sucks but most of the time it's because the other person has some shit going on that you don't know about. They're struggling with their own demons or they're still hung up on an ex or who knows what. I'm not excusing what she did, because that's extremely impolite, just saying that it's not necessarily a reflection on you.

lt.dinh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Are all these people potentially dangerous men?

Don't even sweat it man. You dodged a bullet. Be grateful
Shake it off my man. The bright side is she showed herself early and you didnt sink weeks or months into trying to make something work.
Crank some tunes and have a safe drive home
Better to find out now than later.

Look after yourself.
Honestly an hour and a half would start to get to you too, so you really did dodge a lot of issues with her. I second looking for something else to do in the area if possible just to bring it back a bit.
I can understand how devastating it would be to experience this, but this is a much better outcome than spending any additional time with a person who would do such a thing. Be glad for the assholes who announce themselves, and know this is a reflection on her and not you.
I know this is cold comfort right now, but trust me. If she's the type of person who would just leave unannounced in the middle of a date, you're better off not knowing her. Don't internalize her bullshit.
That's some bullshit, but you dodged a bullet OP. Garbage person.
Well that's a really shitty thing to do to someone.

And you probably already know this, the idea that men are inherently dangerous and must be guarded against is a manifestation of the patriarchy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She did you wrong, OP. There's this thing called courtesy, I'm sure people will argue she wasn't obligated or w/e to telll you, but she could have just said it wasn't working out for her instead of ghosting you like that. Even if she just said "I'm sorry, I'm too nervous/uncomfortable right now", that would have been better than just leaving you there.

I await the inevitable dogpile. Sure down here in the South things are fucked up, but the majority of us sane folk here were at least taught courtesy. I'd never do this shit to anyone I was seeing for dinner without an explanation why. And just to clarify for Era, there's no misogyny here, because this is a shitty thing to do, no matter what your fucking gender is.

All you can really do though is move on, though.

Last edited:

bry

Oct 27, 2017

reminds me of this segment of this podcast i saw on youtube lol.

not saying you did or said anything wrong but who rly knows what headspace she was in or how she was perceiving the conversation from her end.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Thread should honestly be locked at this point
That's what I'm saying. After the OP, all you can really say (after reading all the info provided) is "sorry, OP".

Not sure what else you CAN say without hearing her side. There's no discussion to be had here except fighting with each other. Which is already happening.

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
I'm concerned about the other person. I hope they're doing alright, too.

Hang in there OP. I hope you can come back and tell us more.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Reread the thread.... Even if someone said or speculated it was OP's fault, the difference is that absolutely no one has called the OP a 'succubus' or said he was an awful person, or said "it's a shame she didn't get to fuck him a bunch before she found out he wasn't worth it."

We've been pointing out the amount of gendered and mysogynist attacks on this person and that it's completely possible to give OP sympathy without attacking a woman.

I'm sorry, but it's completely hypocritical to speculate's about OP's fault, while telling other people they shouldn't speculate on their date. It's extremely gross, especially if the OP has to deal with anxiety issues as well.
You can point out the stupid and gross comments without painting the OP as a possible creep, otherwise you're also part of the problem.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Official Staff Communication

The contents of this thread do not give sufficient detail to ascertain what went down. With the way the thread is framed, folks are way too quick to blame the woman in question without giving thought to what legitimate reasons she could've had to stop contact.

While the thread may have started as a way to console the OP, we can't see any legitimate conversation come up from this absent any real details, instead devolving into borderline misogyny.

As such, the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.