• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was on a date, she has medical problems so I have to drive all the way to her area which is an hour and a half, I reschedule, I make the time...

The date starts off well, we seem to be getting along... then she gets up to go the bathroom,

She never comes back.

The lady sitting next to me tells me "She's not coming back. She told the waitress she was leaving." I sat there with jaw dropped and went like "...what?" "I'm sorry, she says."

I feel so agitated..... I need to calm down, but I feel like I just wasted my time.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
In reading some of the replies, I realized I shouldn't be assuming things about the situation. Don't mind me.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Last edited:

notsol337

Oct 25, 2017
So you're an hour and a half away from all the places you normally go on a Friday night? Explore a little, and make it a good night instead!

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm sorry :(
Edit- Maybe it's best not for me to judge without seeing her side of the story. Hope your weekend gets better.

Last edited:

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Ya that sucks and sorry you had to go through that, but better to be a quick and embarrassing experience than a drawn out and torturous dating experience. You're good dude, move on and don't worry about it.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Shake it off my man. The bright side is she showed herself early and you didnt sink weeks or months into trying to make something work.
Crank some tunes and have a safe drive home

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok this is pretty messed up. Sorry dude. Watch some anime, might help

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly an hour and a half would start to get to you too, so you really did dodge a lot of issues with her. I second looking for something else to do in the area if possible just to bring it back a bit.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd suggest not even trying to make contact again and just drill it into your head this wasn't anything about you at all. Spend time doing something you enjoy for now and simply put it behind you.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand how devastating it would be to experience this, but this is a much better outcome than spending any additional time with a person who would do such a thing. Be glad for the assholes who announce themselves, and know this is a reflection on her and not you.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I know this is cold comfort right now, but trust me. If she's the type of person who would just leave unannounced in the middle of a date, you're better off not knowing her. Don't internalize her bullshit.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Take that hour and a half to drive back home (safely) listen to some tunes and wind down.

If she can't bother to even tell you she's leaving then don't waste any more time of yours.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Think of it this way, she only waste a few hours of your time instead of months / years.
Dodged a fucking bullet. Anyone that inconserate doesn't deserve even the feeling you're going through, though I'm not trying to invalidate said feelings.
I know it sucks but the person right for you is out there somewhere.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
That's awful, especially since you had to drive out an hour and a half. Like the other poster said is there any bars or anything open around the area you are at? You might as well salvage the night.

Halloween 2019 I told my crush that I liked them when we were at a bar together and they didn't feel the same for me so instead of it ruining my night I went to a club and had the best night ever. It definitely helped.

Hazmat

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
User banned (permanent): Misogyny. Previously banned for making light of sexual harassment. Account in junior phase.
Eh, you dodged a bullet. Maybe you could have fucked her a few times before you found out she's the kind of person that will ghost someone on the middle of a date, but in the long run you're better off.

Plus, starting a relationship where you have to drive 90 minutes each way every time you get together? Nah.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I can think of feeling so ashamed of yourself for breaking down at the worst time as a reason to ghost.
Yeah, as someone with huge anxieties, especially social ones i can totally get this. It doesn't feel great to be on the receiving end, but there is absolutely reasons why someone may take this route.

Don't take it personally OP, it wasn't likely meant to be an attack on you.
Eh, you dodged a bullet. Maybe you could have fucked her a few times before you found out she's the kind of person that will ghost someone on the middle of a date, but in the long run you're better off.

Plus, starting a relationship where you have to drive 90 minutes each way every time you get together? Nah.

This is gross ass shit.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Well, now at least you know not to mess with the person anymore. Don't sweat it.

Oct 25, 2017
Had this open from last night but never submitted post; but hope you're feeling better. Someone this rude would have only fucked with your life in the long run. It still sucks, but you dodged a parallel timeline of anguish from this person.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Why are we making assumptions about her ghosting him making her a horrible person and he dodged a bullet?

I doubt that she tricked op into a free meal, it's equally likely she was somehow made uncomfortable by something in the conversation and noped out of there.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we making assumptions about her ghosting him making her a horrible person and he dodged a bullet?

I doubt that she tricked op into a free meal, it's equally likely she was somehow made uncomfortable by something in the conversation and noped out of there.
This is a common thread type here, and it's always getting one side of the story and everyone dog piling on the other... Some of these threads can get pretty misogynistic imo... I don't necessarily blame OP in this thread, but there are a couple replies here that are absolutely gross.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a common thread type here, and it's always getting one side of the story and everyone dog piling on the other... Some of these threads can get pretty misogynistic imo... I don't necessarily blame OP in this thread, but there are a couple replies here that are absolutely gross.
I'm glad to see these posts. Whole lot of weird blaming going on in this thread. Not trying to say OP did anything wrong...but we don't know what went down. Why is the default stance to blame the other party here?

Especially women, they deal with all kinds of bullshit in dating. Especially in this case, denigrating the women without her story is a gross take.

Edit: really, why are these kinds of threads allowed? They seem to devolve into misogyny more often than not.

Edit2: those immediately blaming the woman: why? What causes you to immediately side against her and with OP? What in the OP makes you think that anyone, but especially the woman we have heard nothing from, is the one to blame here?

Last edited:

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
if she has medical problems something embarrassing might have come up from her end and she didn't want you to know about it. Relax about it, maybe she will explain another time and If not, then it is what it is brother. I understand it sucks, but just bite trough it and treat yourself to a night you want to have.

Oct 25, 2017
i hate that people cant be honest and upfront these days honestly. one of the biggest hates i have about society these days

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck her, ignore her and move on and hey you have a story tell but nonetheless still what a horrible person

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hate that people cant be honest and upfront these days honestly. one of the biggest hates i have about society these days
What was the woman supposed to be honest and upfront about? Based on the information we have, what did she do wrong?

An acquaintance of mine posted on social media a sad story of his date leaving with no word in the middle of dinner. Much like OP. The woman in question was a friend of friend. According to her, he was making rape jokes and she felt unsafe.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The other person could have messaged the person to explain themselves , shit is weird, if everything is going good and out nowhere that person disappears.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm glad to see these posts. Whole lot of weird blaming going on in this thread. Not trying to say OP did anything wrong...but we don't know what went down. Why is the default stance to blame the other party here?

Especially women, they deal with all kinds of bullshit in dating. Especially in this case, denigrating the women without her story is a gross take.

Edit: really, why are these kinds of threads allowed? They seem to devolve into misogyny more often than not.

Edit2: those immediately blaming the woman: why? What causes you to immediately side against her and with OP? What in the OP makes you think that anyone, but especially the woman we have heard nothing from, is the one to blame here?

To me it's shitty to ghost someone like that in any circumstance. As someone who does suffer from social anxiety, I recognize that it's totally possible she had a panic attack or something but in that case at least send a text explaining the situation. OP now feels like trash and has no idea what happened. Was probably embarrassing as shit too.

You're right we are only getting one side of the story, but I'm someone who doesn't assume the worst of the person telling things until proved otherwise. If something eventually comes out later then I may change my tune.

Right now the OP is understandably feeling like shit and just wants emotional support. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Whole lotta projection from rejection coming out in this thread, and it's ugly as hell.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based off of what info OP has provided: what makes her a horrible person? Do you think she acted this why unprompted? Why do you think that?

Same would be said if it was a guy, ghosting somebody on a date is fucked up especially mid date.Why can't a person make up something at least so the other person understands.

A date involves 2 people, so the other person has the right to feel sad with the events that took place.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me it's shitty to ghost someone like that in any circumstance. As someone who does suffer from social anxiety, I recognize that it's totally possible she had a panic attack or something but in that case at least send a text explaining the situation. OP now feels like trash and has no idea what happened. Was probably embarrassing as shit too.

You're right we are only getting one side of the story, but I'm someone who doesn't assume the worst of the person telling things until proved otherwise. If something eventually comes out later then I may change my tune.

Right now the OP is understandably feeling like shit and just wants emotional support. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I don't think there's anything immediately wrong with supporting OP. "Dang, that sucks, hopenyour weekend gets better!" That's a good way to support OP. "Fuck her, she's a horrible person." That says something shitty about someone people know nothing about.

The people posting that latter kind of stuff reinforce all the reasons women feel unsafe telling a man why they're rejecting him. They're horrible people either way, might as well give yourself a running start from a potentially dangerous man.

Status
Not open for further replies.