• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Your inability to coordinate rental timings has put your parents out of pocket for probably $1000+. Congratulations.

I mean, my parents and I have known about this for 6+ months and we're always planning on putting in a hotel between leases. It's not like I just was unaware that we had a 3 week gap.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Where do you live that you couldn't set your move out date one month post lease expiry? Most rentals allow it as long as you've been there at least a year?

Complexes that cater to college students. I've been in the same situation as OP, though I didn't stay in a hotel as I have a dog.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Odd question, but did your previous place not allow month-to-month? Usually they'll allow for that after your initial lease expires, tho it might cost more as they can't confirm you'll live their for an additional six months or year. That would avoid the 3 week gap.

Also, is this your first time moving apartments? Always overlap rentals if possible to avoid issues like these.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP is fukken DRIPPING with privvies.
You're not homeless you big dumb dummy, you have a roof over your head WITH NO CHARGE.
OOOOOOH this one really gets to me. Like shivers of contempt down my spine.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Odd question, but did your previous place not allow month-to-month? Usually they'll allow for that after your initial lease expires, tho it might cost more as they can't confirm you'll live their for an additional six months or year. That would avoid the 3 week gap.

Also, is this your first time moving apartments? Always overlap rentals if possible to avoid issues like these.

No I couldn't have extended for a month. It is related to the college so they need everyone gone before the semester begins as that's when everyone will move in. Which is why the other one won't let me in for 3 weeks as that apartment is tied to the school and it's not open yet.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yeah fuck me for being worried I guess.
crawl out from your own ass hole

you knew this was coming and planned for it with your parents

will have a bed and storage for your belongings

will have food and water every day

and you have the GALL to say "I GUESS IM GONNA BE HOMELESS TOMORROW"

get some perspective

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's not living on the streets but it is a lack of set housing with a permanent address. I've had friends who would stay with me for a few weeks and have considered themselves homeless.

Right. As I said you have no permanent residence. The only limit you have is that you can't change your ID to have the current address you're going to be staying at.

You're in a position at a thousand times better than most homeless people are in. Hell at my store, we have rented mailboxes and I have five actually homeless customers who pay monthly so they use our store address to get mail, renew their IDs and not look homeless to potential employers.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah that's what I just moved out of. Graduated in December but couldn't really afford a 6 month lease so been living there until yesterday.

As did I. I graduated last month and my lease ended July 31, so I'm living with a friend for a couple months until I can figure my shit out.

This time of year is always really weird because if you want to switch complexes you have to foot the bill for housing for three weeks somewhere else.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love when a thread backfires and the OP continues to act like a moron.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Because I'm a young adult, who's never lived on their own, having to put most of my belongings in a storage facility, and living in a small hotel I've never been to alone for 3 weeks.

Worried is fine, but again, you ain't homeless OP. You are lucky you have parents to fall back on to help with this. If you didn't was strapped for cash and had to live out of your car for 3 weeks? Then sure, go ahead to call yourself homeless. Just don't misappropriate that term because you'll still have a bed and a roof over your head instead of living in a shelter, out on the streets, or in your car.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
As did I. I graduated last month and my lease ended July 31, so I'm living with a friend for a couple months until I can figure my shit out.

This time of year is always really weird because if you want to switch complexes you have to foot the bill for housing for three weeks somewhere else.

It sucks because moving is such a draining experience and you basically have to do it twice within a short time frame. I can't really stay with my grandparents because I still have bills to pay other than rent so I'm working back in the other city until I get something else.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Because I'm a young adult, who's never lived on their own, having to put most of my belongings in a storage facility, and living in a small hotel I've never been to alone for 3 weeks.

It's not that your worries are unfounded

It's that you're continuing to call yourself homeless when you aren't. Your plight is incomparable to that of a homeless person. You literally said in your OP:
Honestly I'm most upset about not being able to play my PS4 or unable to cook food besides a microwave. I guess I'll be living on my Switch and Taco Bell lol.
Do you think real homeless people's biggest worry is not being able to play their goddamn PS4? That they'll only have a Switch to play on? Do you think the people in homeless shelters are concerned with whether or not they'll be able to play Death Stranding and not where their next meal will be coming from? Jesus Christ.

Oct 28, 2017
It's not living on the streets but it is a lack of set housing with a permanent address. I've had friends who would stay with me for a few weeks and have considered themselves homeless.
Dude, you're being really obtuse here. You are in between scheduled leases for apartments and are gonna stay in a hotel for a few weeks for free.

Stop trying to make it sound like anything about this situation is unusual or hard. You're fine. You don't need anything from us.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No I couldn't have extended for a month. It is related to the college so they need everyone gone before the semester begins as that's when everyone will move in. Which is why the other one won't let me in for 3 weeks as that apartment is tied to the school and it's not open yet.
Wait, so you're still in college? Fuck me you are privileged. Are you close enough to your parents house that you can just crash there? Serious, no reason to put your parents out of money just so you can still feel 'independent'.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I was there for the original thread title. This is like an example of the ultra wealthy asking for tax cuts.

If this is a stealth brag thread then hell yeah being in a hotel for extended time is awesome. Love that freshly laundered room every single day. It is hard to eat out every day but takeout and sushi bars are good options

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, so you're still in college? Fuck me you are privileged. Are you close enough to your parents house that you can just crash there? Serious, no reason to put your parents out of money just so you can still feel 'independent'.

No, I wish I could just stay with my parents. They live 2,000 miles away and I only see them once every few years. I have a job down here that I can't take 3 weeks off for

Oct 28, 2017
You know, I didn't think I should make a thread about this as I am in a similar situation, but I guess I should post it here.

Hey guys, my new job is going to give me a temporary apartment to stay in for a couple months as a part of my relocation package. They're gonna move my belongings and car and keep some of it in storage for me for free. I'm a little scared being homeless. The place is fully furnished, but housekeeping only comes by every other week to clean :(. Also, I don't have an apartment at all ahead of time. So I'm going to have to find a place in 2 months somehow :(:(:(

Anybody have any advice how to make it through these tough times :*(

encasa-sunnyvale-ca-2br-2ba---1196-sf.jpg

Op, do you see how absurd I would sound if I was seriously complaining about my situation or acting as if I am homeless at all?

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The lack of compassion on this forum really speaks loudly tonight.

I've been in your situation so I understand your stress. That being said, you doubling down on the homeless thing really was not good since there are many members on this board who have actually been homeless, and living in a hotel is paradise comparatively.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You guys have some compassion here. Lets send the OP a 4K tv so he can play his PS4. I expected more of you people.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
OP is sheltered as fuck. Grow up you're looking like a bigger idiot with every response.

Oct 25, 2017
This forum does have a compassion issue from time to time, but this isn't it. You would have received an appropriate amount of compassion if you didn't try to claim that you're homeless. Part of the shittiness of being homeless is being entirely at the mercy of others. You're moving from your apartment to a hotel someone else paid for, and your living situation afterwards is already settled. Is this annoying and inconvenient? Sure. Is it the same as being homeless? Not at all. The lack of compassion seems to be on your part.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OK come on dude, this is too far. Take responsibility for your situation and own up to the fact that you're not homeless, and won't be for the next three weeks by a country mile. And take the advice of others here and donate your time at a homeless shelter, where they have to SHARE microwaves and Switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.