• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Basically, Mileena fans were... rapid about her absence from MK11 and they constantly pestered Ed Boon and other NRS staff members to put her in.

So they gave in.

I'm sorry, but this sets a bad precedent that whining, bitching and moaning will get you what you want.

Not a good lesson.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there was a demand? What was the down side of adding her? Did they have something else planned that they revealed that was put on hold for this character? I don't play the game, but I was a big MK fan, Mileena was a big character to me, along with others. Is Liu Kang not in?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Or they added her because she's arguably the most popular female character in the series and she wasn't at launch because it didn't fit the story

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm sorry, but I don't follow.
This is no different than people wanting characters on smash, or sequels to their favorite games.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't' avoid putting popular characters in their fighting games (and absolutely killing the newest version, because she looks AMAZING) just to spite shit stains on the internet.

By this logic, games should never be made ever, because assholes on the internet are louder than regular people.

Stop carign about the assholes and just enjoy an awesome character being added.

Lange

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Not the first time seeing this complaint. What is this all about? In a game with guest characters I'd say one of the franchise is not a surprising addition.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, apart from Sonya, I think Mileena might be the most popular. The crazy face reveal made sure of that back in the day. What a finisher.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Basically, Mileena fans were... rapid about her absence from MK11 and they constantly pestered Ed Boon and other NRS staff members to put her in.

So they gave in.

I'm sorry, but this sets a bad precedent that whining, bitching and moaning will get you what you want.

Not a good lesson.
But when everyone was asking the same about cross play or any other random thing it's a good example?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given that Reptile is a literal toxic character, can we please give in to his fanbase next

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Mileena is my favorite

I did not but mk11 because Mileena was missing

I am now going to purchase mk11

it really sucks that assholes were mean to the developers that's not cool.

Last edited:

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
*sad Reptile fan has entered the thread*

Nah, it's cool, honestly. Glad that some fans could get what they want.

Not like the model for Humanoid Ninja Reptile is in the game with some forms of his moveset or anything...

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I feel your pain, I have a very deep hatred for everyone that clamored for Banjo and Kazooie in smash bros. They annoyed them so much about it and Sakurai gave into the demands. Sets a dangerous precedent for the future of all video games.

they could have added the car from Stuart Little but nooooo.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Yeah, giving people what they actually want is bad. How dare they. lol
It teaches the fans that no matter how toxic they are they will be rewarded.

How does this escalate from here? If MK12 doesnt have Mileena then the fans will just ramp up the toxicity to expedite the process.

So, you want even more insults, harassment and death threats towards the developers? I mean, thats fine because its just "giving the fans what they want" right?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll have to find it, but I'm pretty sure a dev tweeted out that it's because THEY wanted her in and it was the right time to do it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm pretty sure Boon said she was planned to be in the game the whole time and that he actually enjoyed poking and trolling the fans, so I don't think anyone gave in unless I am mistaken there.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10

Precedent? This is just how things work now in gaming. That's why the level of bitching and moaning on Era and Twitter is what it is. It's actually not that bad right now due to next-gen euphoria, but normally people have learned that if they go online and bitch and moan about anything they don't like long enough, people at gaming companies will change it. Sony and MS both respond to this regularly.

Nintendo pretty much does whatever the hell they want regardless of online sentiment and this kind of bitching directed at them is an exercise in futility, but that doesn't stop people from trying, sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
Either I'm missing some crucial context for not being a part of this community, or this is the most petty thread I've seen in a while.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Mileena isn't some niche character who was requested solely by a small group of toxic fans. She's one of the most iconic characters in Mortal Kombat history and arguably the most popular woman.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something from OP?

Unless they were toxic and harassing devs demanding this character, I don't see an issue? People are free to champion or ask for something or show how interested the fan base is.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It teaches the fans that no matter how toxic they are they will be rewarded.

How does this escalate from here? If MK12 doesnt have Mileena then the fans will just ramp up the toxicity to expedite the process.

So, you want even more insults, harassment and death threats towards the developers? I mean, thats fine because its just "giving the fans what they want" right?

What about the fans of the character that aren't being toxic? Should we be punished because of some tools online?