• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I have been driving for 14 years and this is my first speeding ticket ever. I got clocked 51mph on a 35mph road. TBH I thought the whole road was 45mph, which is except for that strech I got pulled over(I usually do 5+ on roads) but whatever, I'll pay the damn ticket.

My question is if that my insurance rate will go up? I was about to pay the ticket but I have the option to take a class online for $30(plus the ticket) and it says that insurance rate won't go up after completing the class.

I'm in Florida BTW

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, take traffic school, make sure it goes through, and your insurance shouldn't go up (if Florida is similar to CA).

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
No idea about Florida but yeah take the class, especially online if possible. It is boring as fuck but is generally better than whatever consequences to insurance/points and so on.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Do the class. As long as you have a clean record (normally 5 years) you can pay for the class and stay good.

I had one, the officer suggested the diversion program. You go to court. Then sign a paper and take online class.

Enjoy hearing the other folks plead their cases. My court had a girl pleading that she didn't know 80 wasn't the speed limit in a 65 zone. Some areas are 70, so she was still in the wrong.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if florida runs on a point system like where i live, then taking the class should help

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In NY I'd plead not guilty and then work out a deal with the DA, +14 mph ticket is somewhat serious at least in NY in terms of points on your license. If it's your first ticket they usually will let you plead it down.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I have been driving for 14 years and this is my first speeding ticket ever. I got clocked 51mph on a 35mph road. TBH I thought the whole road was 45mph, which is except for that strech I got pulled over(I usually do 5+ on roads) but whatever, I'll pay the damn ticket.

My question is if that my insurance rate will go up? I was about to pay the ticket but I have the option to take a class online for $30(plus the ticket) and it says that insurance rate won't go up after completing the class.

I'm in Florida BTW
Damn, they didn't even give you a warning?
Merciless.

I also live in FL and got clocked at 81 on the i95 and the officer gave me a warning

Oct 27, 2017
I got a few tickets some years ago in NY and every one I was able to argue down from the original charge and my insurance was never affected.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Damn, they didn't even give you a warning?
Merciless.

I also live in FL and got clocked at 81 on the i95 and the officer gave me a warning

16 over 35 is pretty bad, especially if its 35 for a good reason like a road between neighborhoods with side walks with low light or downtown of a small town.

I think if its 20 over in some states it's worse than a ticket.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Commentary; Prior Severe Infractions
Do this:

Oct 25, 2017
I got the same thing in VA
Just a really nasty fine (almost 200 bucks), no points, no class required, insurance is still the same.

Oct 27, 2017
Do traffic school and go to court. Should drop the price considerably depending on your local judge.

I got a ticket last month for no front license plate and modified exhaust for almost $600 dollars. Got the no front license plate fixed and went to court and plead guilty to both tickets and it dropped the tickets from almost $600 to just the $25 fix it ticket processing fee. I also had a good driving record so that probably helped. Good luck.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
One ticket is fine. Just pay it and skip the class. Your insurance won't go up unless you start getting a bunch of them in a short period of time.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Just take the class.

I once took Defensive Driving like 3 years in a row thanks to perfectly timed tickets each year...and then a 4th ticket I dodged with some kind of probation. There's really no reason to ever have your insurance spike due to a ticket. Theres so many ways to avoid it.