• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Not bad but something feels off. Maybe the vocals are too loud compared to the instrumentals? Maybe the vocals need more processing? I don't really know. It reminded me of a poppier version of something the Descendents would make though. Keep posting!

OP
OP
Porco Rosso

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not bad but something feels off. Maybe the vocals are too loud compared to the instrumentals? Maybe the vocals need more processing? I don't really know. It reminded me of a poppier version of something the Descendents would make though. Keep posting!

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it. I actually agree - I really wish the guitars were louder in the mix.

As for the Descendents comparison, they're one of my all time favourite bands so that makes me happy!

Oct 26, 2017
Nice work OP.

Also I knew I remembered your thread. It's what gave me the idea to mess around with a groovebox/loop app on my phone.

I finally started posting some stuff on Soundcloud this year:

Last edited:

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty rad! Sorry you got laid off, but also grats on making the best of a tough situation! :D

Oct 26, 2017
Added another track and made an EP. Sorry for the shameless self-promotion.

All of it was made on my Galaxy S10, with some minor stuff on my Fire HD 8 tablet.

Satanic Saint

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know any good resources where I can learn how to make music. I have Ableton Lite and no midi keyboard or any other instrument. I don't want resources on learning Ableton, I want resources on how to make music. Or does that skill just come naturally by tinkering around?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone know any good resources where I can learn how to make music. I have Ableton Lite and no midi keyboard or any other instrument. I don't want resources on learning Ableton, I want resources on how to make music. Or does that skill just come naturally by tinkering around?

I guess maybe learn a bit of music theory if you don't know anything. I only know a little, but in ableton I'll just think of different chord progressions or scales and go from there.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been making electronic music for 15 years but I recently kinda gave up because I still have never been able to find a vocalist. OP keep at it.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing around with a copy of FL studio that came with my razer laptop i bought years ago. It's so much fun that I'm actually going back to wanting to make a small game with my own soundtrack. Now i just need to learn to program AND write music lol

Satanic Saint

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing around with a copy of FL studio that came with my razer laptop i bought years ago. It's so much fun that I'm actually going back to wanting to make a small game with my own soundtrack. Now i just need to learn to program AND write music lol

I want to do the same. However I can program but have to become good at art and learn how to make music with just a laptop.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the first post and I don't know how the hell you managed to learn that stuff and make those tracks in 2 days. They sound pretty good!

OP
OP
Porco Rosso

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lulzwagon might I suggest you change the framing of the OP to be less self promotion and make this thread a collection ground for homemade music.
You might then want to invite LoftyCroft over to join this thread too.

If you send me a title suggestion I can change the thread title for you too.

I love this idea! Let me think on a title and I'll toss you a message. Next time I'm on a computer I'll put some work into re-framing the OP.
Just saw the first post and I don't know how the hell you managed to learn that stuff and make those tracks in 2 days. They sound pretty good!

Thank you - I ready appreciate it! I'm not sure either - the power of anxiety I guess!

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Great job with the Synthwave EP, Lulzwagon, a lot of great synth sounds and mix work for a 2 day project. What did you use for the drums? Reason's VST drums? Also, while the punk song isn't my style, it's actually pretty damn well recorded/mixed. Maybe a little harsh in the highs, particularly in the vocal mix, but everything sounds balanced otherwise, pretty impressive considering you seem new to it! What equipment do you use?

Lulzwagon might I suggest you change the framing of the OP to be less self promotion and make this thread a collection ground for homemade music.
You might then want to invite LoftyCroft over to join this thread too.

If you send me a title suggestion I can change the thread title for you too.
I love this idea! Let me think on a title and I'll toss you a message. Next time I'm on a computer I'll put some work into re-framing the OP.

I think there's a MusicianERA thread already but I never see it on the front page so I guess it's not very active (I also have trouble finding it in the search bar, and it never shows up in my browser history, but it's real I swear!). I like this idea though, I'm a self recorded Indie Pop musician and was wondering if there was an approved place to promote my music on this site.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lulzwagon maybe tell us about the midi controller you bought :)! And recommend some YouTube channels?
I can come back later and recommend some stuff for playing guitar :)

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
FYI, seems you were beaten to the punch.

www.resetera.com

Homemade Music |OT| just like grandma used to make OT

Hello everyone. In light of this and this thread…and many more asking about which instrument to buy or users wanting to show their homemade music, I thought why not make a thread about it. I myself have been playing guitar since 2005 but I took a break for 8 years and just started again...

Status
Not open for further replies.