• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So yeah, i ordered a Nitro cold brew but their cashier wasnt working, the girl got frustrated and let me have the drink for free.

The drink was ok

Have you received any fast food or other things for free, GAF?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I can't think of anything recently.

Usually I pay for something I don't get in the drive through, and don't notice until I get home and check the bag.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I once picked up this sweet bow and arrow, did a quick dodge around the cashier and left the store when he wasn't looking. I wasn't proud of myself, and everyone started calling me THIEF, but it was worth it.

I can never return to that shop.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just this past weekend I got a Starbucks for free, too. Cashier gave me a refresher for no apparent reason. It was good.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It's happened before. Usually because they got an order wrong or something and they would just be throwing the stuff out anyhow, so they're like "Just keep it anyhow."

I've a family of five, so it's not uncommon for us to end up with an extra fry or something because they lost track.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I got a large drink from McDonalds for free because they told me the person ahead of me in the drive through didn't want it afterall (?)

Unfortunately they also still gave me the drink I ordered and I wasn't going to leave that one and demand a refund so I just had two drinks.

It was a good day.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
for whatever reason, when i go through the drive thru at my local starbucks, sometimes the person in front of me in line pays for my drink. it's weird.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The manager at Qdoba talked to me for a few seconds this past father's day and gave me a free drink. He mentioned that he has 8 children which blew my mind because that's a lot of kids, and he looked like he was only mid-30's or so. He said he had 3 kids in college. My reality was shattered.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I once got free Starbucks. The cashier called out my name so I grabbed my drink. Turns out I heard wrong, so I had my friend grab my real drink.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Have you received any fast food or other things for free, GAF?

Where-do-you-think-we-are.gif

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
At my old job, I had been such a regular customer at the Starbucks near it that they would outright give me my venti iced coffee for free or for the price of a refill, which was 50 cents.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I got free Chick-fil-A once because the POS system wasn't working. That was a long time ago though. More recently, I went to Wendy's, and it took about twenty minutes for my food to be done, so they gave me a frosty.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
A couple of months ago I was at a Nationals baseball game and the beer stand next to our seats stopped being able to take cards and I had no cash, so I ended up getting 4 free tall-boy beers. They're normally $15 a pop, so that was $60 saved. You'd think they'd have said, "Sorry only cash at this one" but the lady was like just take them lmao.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I received free food in restaurants, "on the house" thing.
They forgot to charge me for mcnuggets once, so I got that going for me I guess

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
I got my meal comped by the manager at Nando's because I worked next door and gave them change when they needed it.

It made me believe if you do something good, something good will come around.

Oh I also got 7 shots and a few cocktails free from the bartender because I know the bartender.

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
Yea one time after an exhausting trip to another city with our baby girl we were drinking outside at a restaurant during the afternoon to cool it down and one lady beside us paid and left...then 5 minutes later the waiter said she paid our drinks. She didn't even said a word to us. Was weird but god it brightened the day.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had people ahead of me in a drive through pay for my drinks at Starbucks before, apparently that's a thing some people sometimes do.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've had it where the car in front picked up the bill for me, one time it was me my wife and kids and it was like 22 bucks lol

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has worked behind the counter of a Sbux, we try pretty hard to ensure customers have a good experience. We're not stingy with the free drinks.

I've had people ahead of me in a drive through pay for my drinks at Starbucks before, apparently that's a thing some people sometimes do.
I once had a line of 11 cars all pay for the people behind them. Shit's crazy sometimes.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Red Robin gave my credit card to someone else, so the manager apologized and offered a free burger and appetizer on my next visit.

So my wife and I went and we got 2 burgers and appetizer.. the order came back wrong, so she offered us a free dessert.

By the time dessert arrived, she informed us their credit card machine was down and the manager was closing for the day and our meal would be complimentary.